Questions on the BAT (Basic Attribute Test)

Guest jmmp97

FYI - I don't think I'm releasing any private info here, but my recruiter told me that one of the guys he's trying to put in for this board has a decent AFOQT score, over 700 hrs of flight time, and got an 8 PCSM after the BAT - can that really happen?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JDog83

I will be taking the BAT test on wednesday and am wondering a few things

- Anyone got any pointers

- Will i need my soc security card? (eventhough i have a military id)

-What is the website where you check your pcsm score

- how do you update flight hours afterwards?

Guest germb777

The website for your PCSM/BAT score:

http://www.aetc.randolph.af.mil/sas/pcsm/

I didn't have my social security card, but it certainly doesn't hurt to have one. Your military ID probably has your SSAN; I'm pretty sure all they need is something with your SSAN on it.

Visit http://www.baseops.net/bat/ for more information on the test. Nobody who has taken it can really tell you any details without risking their slot.

I actually talked to a guy that got turned away because he didn't have a copy of his last page of his logbook to prove his hours. I didn't even bring my logbook however, I just put down my hours and that was that. I guess it depends on where you take it.

Guest C5Heavy

I was wondering what game would really help. TO my knowledge, I thought MS Flight Sim and Combat Sim would be helpful. Left hand Throttle control, right hand turn control. Any hint from any BAT veterans? Cheers

Guest Guppyguy

IMHO, believe it or not, I'm not sure any flight sim games would help.

Maybe an old Atari game like asteriods or try juggling??? It's kinda hard to prepare for. Just don't show up tired.

Let us know how you did-

email me if you have any other questions.

Guppyguy

Guest C5Heavy

Any arcade shoot em up type game which require use of keyboard and mouse should be helpful I'm guessing.

One hand on the keyboard for direction, the other on the mouse for aiming and shooting. Just my point of view.

==============

Ghost Recon Gold rocks !!

Guest Bobby Hill

Honestly guys.. for you up and comers fixing to take the BAT test.. that test is older than petrified dog $HIT.. Were talking graphics like that game pong or astroids (if any of you are young enough to remember).. and as long and you can constantly rub your stomach in circles and pat your head at the same time for an extended period of time.. you should be able to do fine.. There are only a few 5 min. long sections where you are continuously doing the same thing for a period of time.. if your good at picking up or catching onto something you have never done before like a simple video game.. you will have no problem with the BAT.. its just an old video game... most of it is pattern, and number sequience memorization.. and then a question bank of questions that basicly want to know if you are a thrill seeker.. trying to find out if you will do soemthing crazy weather or not you have or will ever do it.. ex: Have you ever been skydiving?... weather you have or not.. or will or will not do it.. always answer the question yes.. or yes you will do it.. or yes you will try it.. and or yes I have done it before..

Its there way of finding out who has balls.. Makes your PCSM go way up!!

Ohh.. and no you dont have to play HALO or buy a d@mn X-BOX... I dont know what that game is.. but "keep it simple stupid" play something that has a wheel or control stick in your right hand.. and an up and down throttle type control in your left hand where the game controls will always be moving. And like always.. just relax.. and take all the $hit you asked if you should take with you.. better to be prepared than not have stuff you need.. Any more questions.. just ask

Am I the only one who remembers signing a statement agreeing NOT to disclose the contents of the test or repeat anything that could give any unfair advantage to anyone who hasn't taken it yet? There is a reason you can only take it once, and that is because if you are prepared for it then it will no longer be an accurate guage of your potential to succeed.

Originally posted by determined:

Am I the only one who remembers signing a statement agreeing NOT to disclose the contents of the test or repeat anything that could give any unfair advantage to anyone who hasn't taken it yet? There is a reason you can only take it once, and that is because if you are prepared for it then it will no longer be an accurate guage of your potential to succeed.

I was thinking the same thing. It's nice to help a fellow aviator (potential) out, but let's not give any unfair advantages here.

[ 07 October 2003, 08:03: Message edited by: Sierra Hotel ]

I remember that statement. Even if I didn't sign the statement, I would be sure not to help anyone to prepare for the test. I went into it with minimal knowledge, so you will go into it with minimal knowledge. Why should it be easier for anyone who comes after me?

To give clues and directions about preparation invalidates the testing measures and scoring. There is a reason that the Air Force makes you sign an agreement to not disclose information about the test. You degrade your own score, and everyone else's when you tell people what to answer and how to prepare.

Can someone boot this thread??

Just my $0.02

[ 07 October 2003, 08:15: Message edited by: chaw ]

Guest JPritch

I don't think anyone has posted info on the BAT that isn't already being publicly disclosed by the AF.

Hell, take a look at the AF website that talks about the BAT. That is alot more revealing than anyone here even touched. Plus it has pictures.

So no, I don't see the need to boot this thread.

• 4 months later...
Guest paulherron

Its not hard at all, and there is no way to study for it. The examples on the internet are exactly like the real thing. Just another video game for me...and i love video games and if you do too you will have no problem. And I don't know why it is so secret, like I said the examples your recruiter will give and what you see on the internet is pretty much it. Just be rested. Good Luck!

Guest raven3

I think the BAT is all gamesmanship. I took it three times, and the AFOQT twice, heres how it worked out:

1st BAT/1st AFOQT/17 FLT hrs

AFOQT pilot 71/PCSM 12

---got waiver for a retest of the BAT

2nd BAT/17 FLT hrs

AFOQT pilot 71/PCSM 24

updated flt hrs PCSM 31

---studied for AFOQT (pilot sections only), which I didnt do the first time

AFOQT #2 pilot 96/20+ flt hrs PCSM 61

---AFPC started allowing two BAT test

---recieve some "Advice" for the BAT

BAT #3/40+ flt hrs/96 AFOQT pilot

PCSM 99

And it wasnt because i actually had increased my ability to move a cursor in a circle (My 1st BAT was in 98 then 03, and now 04, I am a very lucky individual.

.....and waiting the word from AD board

Originally posted by raven3:

I think the BAT is all gamesmanship. I took it three times, and the AFOQT twice, heres how it worked out:

1st BAT/1st AFOQT/17 FLT hrs

AFOQT pilot 71/PCSM 12

---got waiver for a retest of the BAT

2nd BAT/17 FLT hrs

AFOQT pilot 71/PCSM 24

updated flt hrs PCSM 31

---studied for AFOQT (pilot sections only), which I didnt do the first time

AFOQT #2 pilot 96/20+ flt hrs PCSM 61

---AFPC started allowing two BAT test

---recieve some "Advice" for the BAT

BAT #3/40+ flt hrs/96 AFOQT pilot

PCSM 99

And it wasnt because i actually had increased my ability to move a cursor in a circle (My 1st BAT was in 98 then 03, and now 04, I am a very lucky individual.

.....and waiting the word from AD board

This is exactly why I think the validity of that test and PCSM scores in general should be called into question. :rolleyes:

Guest raven3

I agree, although it worked in my favor this time, it was all gamesmanship......not skill, or the inate ability to be a pilot, IMHO

• 3 weeks later...

Why do they make you bring your current college transcript when you take the BAT test? The reason I ask is, they use your military GPA (grades from classes taken at any college)for pilot selection. Whereas your college transcript will only show grades and GPA from your respective university not from all college classes taken if you have taken classes elsewhere.

Guest pcampbell

I didn't have to do that. Maybe because I was ROTC, and they had all my info. Maybe they meant for you to bring all applicable transcripts.

• 1 month later...
Guest kpheinemann

Quick question, I'm trying to get scheduled for the BAT. My wing doesn't require it, but I'm applying to several different wings. How can I do this without stepping on anyone's toes and ruining my chances. Thanks for the advice.