How does ROTC compare to the real AF?

barney

question for real AF dudes

rotc is bustin my balls and i think that if rotc is an accurate sample of the real AF then i am pissed-between the article 17s and the gay mandatory briefings-75 percent of my classmates are anti social non fun seeking douche nozzles-love the mission-what happened to the good ol days ive heard about-is there hope for a good time ahead-do flyers still love to party?

Guest Hoser

ROTC is not the real AF.

As for good times, the guys from my squadron just left my house. I was roofed stomped.

I no longer have snacks / beer in my house.

Yes we like to party.

Hoser

Guest KoolKat

AETC (UPT at least) has things to offer that make it far better than ROTC.

Vetter, aren't you an academy puke anyway?

Dude, suck it up...ROTC has two purposes, to irritate you enough to get you to quit, or to irritate you enough to show that you actually want to commission.

ROTC was total crap, I learned nothing. I enjoyed school, drinking and chasing poon. I hated ROTC. I must have gotten that pilot slot off numbers and personality alone, because I sure as hell didn't do anything in ROTC.

Hang in there. I have loved all of my time of AD. Since UPT, I can't think of a single thing I would want to do if it wasn't this.

Totally have to echo Hydro on this one...

BUT..since it's Friday...I suggest as many beers as you can drink, and call us late tomorrow evening! ;)

BENDY

EDIT: I don't have to explain myself to you!

[ 14. April 2006, 23:58: Message edited by: Bender ]

Originally posted by Hoser:

As for good times, the guys from my squadron just left my house. I was roofed stomped.

I no longer have snacks / beer in my house.

Yes we like to party.

Hoser

Aren't roof stomps for new commanders? If so, congrats Hoser. If not, then you guys DO know how to party!

Guest KoolKat

And who you callin' sucka, sucka?

BENDY

EDIT: Shut it sucka!

[ 15. April 2006, 00:33: Message edited by: Bender ]

Guest Hydro130

Pissed...

Is that in reference to the British slang definition or are you just mad?

Methinks both...

Still take the two aspirin and call later!

Best of luck, Hydro

Guest thebronze
question for real AF dudes

rotc is bustin my balls and i think that if rotc is an accurate sample of the real AF then i am pissed-between the article 17s and the gay mandatory briefings-75 percent of my classmates are anti social non fun seeking douche nozzles-love the mission-what happened to the good ol days ive heard about-is there hope for a good time ahead-do flyers still love to party?

There's a lot of truth to what this rook is saying.

Now a days, you're just as likely to be standing in front of "the man" after partying.

Seriously, it doesn't get too much better than where you're at now.

Do a search for: "the deid", "disco belt", "hat nazi" or "shoe clerk"...

Johann

I concur, hearing that you cannot drink while on ROTC orders knocked me over for a loop! Heck, I can't think of anytime in college when we weren't drinking!

The secret to getting through AFROTC is not taking it too seriously...

Cheers! M2

Guest Rainman A-10

I have posted advice for ROTC and college before so I won't repeat it now.

If you have smoking grades and you show up when and where you are told there is no way you won't get what you want from ROTC.

I spent ZERO effort in ROTC on purpose but I took care of what was important.

ROTC did everything I needed it to do for me and I did everything they needed me to do. No more and no less.

BTW...Partying hard is fine but if you can't get the important stuff done on AD you will find yourself in the same frustrating position you are in now.

Get your priorities straight, focus on what matters and don't be such a .

If you think the ROTC social life is lacking and you really want to hang with the ROTC fols, try this...

Be a leader, throw the party, invite everyone, treat them like they are your friends instead of a bunch of losers and show them all how to have a good time. Your attitude and your feelings about ROTC might just take a turn for the better.

Originally posted by roach:

Do you really want to be one of those dudes that doesn't figure out until after graduation that "I could be starting UPT right now, but I have to focus on polishing up my resume because the only job offer I've had is the night manager position at Taco Bell."

Polishing up the ol' resume when you didn't think you need it right out of college does indeed suck...but i gotta find some way to pay for flying until i start on active duty. :D anyone have connections out in western washington for a dude with a BSEE looking for summer work?

[ 15. April 2006, 18:01: Message edited by: jazzdude ]

Guest Hoser
Originally posted by Mambo:

Aren't roof stomps for new commanders? If so, congrats Hoser. If not, then you guys DO know how to party!

New SQ/CC's normally do get roof stomped.

I am far from being a new commander.

I got roofed stomped becuase after pushing it up in our Sq bar, we then pushed to the Big House. After some time there, I opted to skull home. I had been flying late afternoons the past week and I hadn't seen my kid awake in like 3 days.

The rest of the boys didn't like the fact that I wasn't pushing it up with them, so I got stomped.

About 3 weeks ago, following the Major's Promo party booze money running out at the O'club, we roof stomped about half the squadron (all who had left early or didn't show up at all). I walked back into my house about 5 minutes before the sun came up.

Hoser

Guest PilotKD
Originally posted by barney:

between the article 17s and the gay mandatory briefings

Better get used to "mandatory fun". It doesn't end.