Promotion and PRF Information

Guest e3racing

21 hours ago, Duck said:

That's not happening obviously, seeing as the increment went from 180/mo to 261/mo. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Active Duty Increments for Promotion to Lieutenant Colonel

March  LAF, CY16B: Quota 140, Remaining 766

April  LAF, CY16B: Quota 140, Remaining 626

May  LAF, CY16B: Quota 140, Remaining 486

June  LAF, CY16B: Quota 81, Remaining 405

July TBD

Active Duty Increments for Promotion to Major

March  LAF, CY16C: Quota 261, Remaining 1120

April  LAF, CY16C: Quota 261, Remaining 859

May  LAF, CY16C: Quota 261, Remaining 598

June  LAF, CY16C: Quota 150, Remaining 448

MyPers doesn't list increments before March, so I'm not sure when the increment went from 180 to 261, but beginning in June the increment will decrease to 150, at which rate the Major list will be exhausted in September and the Lt Col list (increment of 81 in June) will be exhausted in November.  I've not paid close attention to board other than my own, but I've never seen a LAF list start pinning on before January.

When I checked earlier in April they hadn't listed the 150 reduction in June. Thanks for posting that. I guess the timeline has slowed drastically. Good thing since they haven't even posted an update for the '08 board timeline.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Duck said:

When I checked earlier in April they hadn't listed the 150 reduction in June. Thanks for posting that. I guess the timeline has slowed drastically. Good thing since they haven't even posted an update for the '08 board timeline.

But let's have two O-4 boards in a year.  Wonder if the 09 guys will have to wait around a year and a half before pinning on. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 08Dawg said:

But let's have two O-4 boards in a year.  Wonder if the 09 guys will have to wait around a year and a half before pinning on. 

Hmm, then why the hell are we having 08 and 09 boards this year? 09 guys are jumping through their asses trying to check their "boxes" before the PRF.  AFPC must secretly know and assume that virtually the entire 05 year group is punching this year and 06 next year hahah.

57 minutes ago, Lstcause257 said:

Well that f**king blows. Guess I won't see major during my 365. Was looking forward to all that tax free. Would really like to see the reason to the reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop Loss will keep the retention rate 100%. There is no space for more FGOs under DOPMA. Carry on.

Stop Loss will keep the retention rate 100%. There is no space for more FGOs under DOPMA. Carry on.

Actually that makes a lot of sense if that's the reason they are slowing the pin on rates that drastically. At 260 a month I assumed '08 would start pinning on in Aug/Sept.

They're just lead-turning the pendulum swing.  Right after we stop loss, they'll have to do another RIF; probably want to take three years of cuts all at once.  I'm just hoping the horse bucks before 31 Dec 2018 so TERA will still be legally authorized by the NDAA.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LookieRookie said:

Doesn't that fall under sanctuary?

I thought so too and read through the AFI. But I think it depends on the SECAF directions and AFPC to be honest. Everything I keep seeing refers to reservists.

There is no guarantee the AF will allow you to retire at 20 years. This is how some folks were screwed over in 2011. Here are your walking papers after being passed over twice. 

I'm not trying to be promoted. I want to retire.

Edited by cantfly

So if you are at 18 years for your 2019 IPZ board for Lt Col. Will the board offer continuation to 20 years if you have a year and some change remaining? 

Continuation won't be offered til you're passed over APZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Homestar said:

DOPMA.  They have a moving target.  It's not uncommon for the increment to change.

Most people's ADSC are up in summer/fall...   they probably caught up with last years seps, and aren't sure if it will continue this summer /fall because of all their awesome "fixes" to the system.   They'll realize just as many are punching..... in the coming months

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennynova said:

Most people's ADSC are up in summer/fall...   they probably caught up with last years seps, and aren't sure if it will continue this summer /fall because of all their awesome "fixes" to the system.   They'll realize just as many are punching..... in the coming months

I reject your more reasonable idea...

On 4/30/2017 at 5:08 PM, bennynova said:

TERA isn't current authorized anymore.  It was when they were RIFing.  But expired 

TERA is authorized by Congress until 31 December 2018, at the discretion of the service chiefs.  Our service chief isn't currently offering it.

• Upvote 1