Eagles (F-15C) info

Flare

Thread hijack.....

I have been reading the boards now for a while and I see there is a recurring joke inferring that C-model drivers are homo's. Just curious, what is the origin of this/what is behind it?

Thanks

Joke? Who said anything about it being a joke?

(As I go get some popcorn and a beer, and kick my feet up in anticipation...)

:beer:

I have heard rumors, hopefully they aren't true, that the F-15C is not going to be dropped to UPT studs anymore. The student rumor mill runs deep. Any truth to this?

Just pure conjecture, but I would think there's still at least a few more C models to be dropped in the future. Definitely very limited, but I wouldn't think we've seen the no shit last one.

We just got told to expect at least a 6 month slip in our closing, I think we'll see more Eagle drops.

:rock:

• 1 month later...

Does this mean more classes at Tyndall then? Or opening the rumor mill of more classes there anyway? Or is everyone still slated for K-Falls?

Still unknown. We were told a 6 month slip, then a 90 day slip, then "well, uh... we don't know". So we are still standing by to standby. The 2FS is supposed to close in Apr (original plan) and the 95 in the fall. No for sure words yet, no jets leaving for the boneyard or anywhere else yet. We are just flying what we've got and doing lots of RDS right now. :bash:

• 5 years later...

http://comptroller.defense.gov/Portals/45/documents/defbudget/fy2016/fy2016_Budget_Request_Overview_Book.pdf
Overview – FY 2016 Defense Budget Request

The average age of the F-15C/D fleet is over 27 years and requires modernization to remain viable. The fleet will be reduced by 31 aircraft across the Future Years Defense Program, 10 of these in FY 2016. The remaining 214 will undergo offensive and defensive improvements including Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radars and initial development of the Eagle Passive/Active Warning Survivability System (EPAWSS), improving mean time between failure and survivability. Also in initial development is an Infra-Red Search and Track system, which will give the Eagle a search and track capability vital to operations in a contested environment. These efforts extend operability of the Eagle for the long term.