Leave Questions

Guest jkfaust

why was I not charged leave for the 3 days early I showed up at XL? My RNLTD was 12 May for XL, but MFS was completed on 8 May. I get one travel day from Brooks to XL so if you use their logic, I should be charged 3 days for that too.

It was like I said before. It’s the difference between a PCS and TDY enroute. You were TDY to MFS (can't show up early), then PCS to XL (can show up early). I just PSCd to Korea and arrived on the 16th RNLTD was the 17th. Not charged for that last day.

Oh, and I would not worry about only having 8 days. When you are new they will let you have a "negative" leave balance. I did it. Just take 12 days and your LES will say -4 days of leave. You need CC approval but that is not hard to come by at a UPT base. At least it was that way 10 years ago.

Edited by Nole_96

• 4 weeks later...

Got another leave question. As a non-rated guy how early can you reasonably take leave? I feel kind of retarded asking that but here's the scenario. I EAD 1 Sept and my RNTL to Peterson is 4 Sept. I'm supposed to be at a wedding on 25 Oct. I know technically over that month of Sept I should accrue 2.5 days of leave according to 36-3003 right? In order to get to the wedding all the flights on Friday the 24th leave in the morning or early afternoon so I would have to take a day of leave or a half day(I have no idea how 1/2 days work in the military to be honest) to catch a plane. But if I take Friday off then I have to take Sat/Sun as well right? Which would be more than the accrued leave to that point wouldn't it? Also if I take those 10 days of permissive leave to find a house when I report to Peterson will that play into it at all? Thanks for the help. :beer:

there's no such thing as using a half day of leave. If your leave starts at 1200 on Fri (i.e. your flight is late enough that you can be at work until 1200 then leave from work and make it to the airport), then your first day of chargeable leave is Sat. Then Sat/Sun would only be charged.

Also, your CC can authorize you to go into negative leave. Which, if you had a flight before noon on Fri you'd be at -.5 for all of five days until you got your Oct leave.

Permissive TDY does not count against your leave balance. It's like a TDY in that you aren't charged leave, but it's like leave in that you aren't reimbursed for your expenses.

As a non-rated guy how early can you reasonably take leave?

In theory, you could take leave the day after you report it, it would just have to be approved be your commander (and obviously you'd be into negative leave, which also must be approved - as stract mentioned). Barring unusual circumstances, I don't think your commander would have a problem with you taking leave for a few days to go to a wedding.

Stract is correct on taking leave and negative leave.

Also if I take those 10 days of permissive leave to find a house when I report to Peterson will that play into it at all?

It's not permissive leave, it's permissive TDY. 36-3003 (Table 7, Rule 2) details this - you can get up to 8 days after you sign in, and it ends once you find a house. Thing is, your commander shouldn't have a problem with you just taking a few days off work to find yourself a place. In five PCSs I have never had to use PTDY to go house hunting.

OSD Directive Type Memorandum concerning the leave carryover increase from 60 to 75 days.

1. Annual leave accrual is temporarily (until December 31, 2010) increased from 60 to 75 days. Service members may now carryover up to 75 days of accrued leave, beginning with the fiscal year changeover from FY 08 to FY 09 (i.e. a Service member

with 75 days of leave on September 30,2008 will not lose that leave on October 1,2008).

2. Special leave accrual (SLA) retention limits are increased. Under the new limits, SLA earned in combat zones may now be kept for 4 fiscal years; SLA earned in support of operations may now be kept for 2 fiscal years. Absent further statutory revisions, the higher combat zone retention limit applies only to SLA accumulated during the period of October 1,2008 through December 31,2010.

See attached for full OSD Memo.

EDIT: 16 July--New Information from SAF/FMP:

DFAS has approved making a change to DJMS-AC (the pay system) that would allow the 75-day leave carryover to happen in system without additional queries or delays. They hope to have it implemented in time for FY 2008 year end, thus preventing members from losing leave and having to have it restored later. However, in the event the change is not ready for the end of the fiscal year, DFAS will run a file search/query and identify the impacted members and restore the leave as previously reported.

So, this is a win-win; if the system can be changed in time, the process should be relatively seamless/transparent to the members you service. If not, DFAS will still identify them and restore the leave.

New_Leave_and_Liberty_Policies_to_Implement_the_2008_NDAA.PDF

Edited by Finance_Guy

• 3 months later...

Brand new MSG on Special Leave Accrual Procedures.

UNCLAS

011335Z OCT 08

PLEASE PASS TO CC, MPF/S, IG, AND FMF

SUBJECT: SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL (SLA) FOR DEPLOYED AND NON-DEPLOYED MEMBERS IN USE OR LOSE STATUS (SUSPENSE: 30 NOV 08)

1. THIS MESSAGE SUPERSEDES OUR 8106 MESSAGE, DTG 071410Z SEP 07, SAME SUBJECT.

2. APPLICABILITY: THIS MESSAGE PROVIDES SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ON SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL (SLA) FOR ALL ACTIVE

DUTY PERSONNEL HAVING USE/LOSE ANNUAL LEAVE WHO WERE RECALLED FROM OR UNABLE TO TAKE LEAVE AS A RESULT OF DUTY ASSIGNMENTS IN SUPPORT OF CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS AS DEFINED BY HQ USAF. ACTIVE DUTY IS DEFINED AS ALL ACTIVE DUTY AND RESERVE PERSONNEL UNDER TITLE 10 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE (USC). IT ALSO INCLUDES ALL AIR NATIONAL GUARD PERSONNEL WHO WERE PERFORMING FULL-TIME TRAINING OR OTHER FULL-TIME DUTY FOR A PERIOD OF 30 DAYS OR MORE, UNDER SECTION 316, 502, 504, OR 505 OF TITLE 32, FOR WHICH THEY ARE ENTITLED TO PAY. APPLICATION PROCEDURES AS OUTLINED IN PARA 6 BELOW DO NOT APPLY TO THE AIR NATIONAL GUARD. QUALIFYING GUARDSMEN APPLYING FOR SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL WILL UTILIZE PROCEDURES AS RELEASED BY NGB/A1E.

3. AUTHORITY: BY ORDER OF THE UNDERSECRETARY OF DEFENSE, PERSONNEL AND READINESS, OFFICER AND ENLISTED PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT POLICY, ACTIVE DUTY MEMBERS WHO HAVE BEEN RECALLED FROM OR WERE NOT AUTHORIZED ANNUAL LEAVE (INCLUDING HOME STATION PERSONNEL) AS A CONSEQUENCE OF DUTY ASSIGNMENTS IN SUPPORT OF CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS ARE AUTHORIZED TO ACCUMULATE LEAVE IN EXCESS OF 75 DAYS AS SHOWN ON THE END-OF-MONTH SEPTEMBER LEAVE AND EARNINGS STATEMENT. THOSE SERVICE MEMBERS ARE AUTHORIZED TO RETAIN SUCH LEAVE (NOT TO EXCEED 120 DAYS) UNTIL THE END OF THE SECOND OR FOURTH FISCAL YEAR. FURTHER BREAKDOWN IS DESCRIBED IN PARAGRAH 4B & 4C. THE MAXIMUM LEAVE CARRYOVER UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES (NOT SLA) WILL DECREASE TO 60 DAYS AFTER 31 DECEMBER 2010. ALTHOUGH SLA HAS BEEN APPROVED, COMMANDERS AND SUPERVISORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR EFFECTIVE LEAVE PROGRAMS THAT ALLOW MILITARY MEMBERS TO USE THEIR LEAVE IN THE YEAR THAT IT IS EARNED.

ADVISORY NOTE: PER NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT OF 2008 AND MEMORANDUM FROM OFFICE OF THE UNDER SECRETARY OF DEFENSE. LEAVE IN EXCESS OF 75 DAYS AT FISCAL YEAR-END BALANCING IS LOST UNLESS ELIGIBLE FOR UP TO 45 DAYS SLA. THE PURPOSE OF SLA IS TO PREVENT MEMBERS FROM LOSING ACCRUED LEAVE IF THEY ARE UNABLE TO TAKE NORMAL LEAVE DUE TO SIGNIFICANT AND UNFORESEEN OPERATIONAL MISSION REQUIREMENTS.  MEMBERS ARE INELIGIBLE FOR SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL CONSIDERATION IF THEY RETURNED FROM DEPLOYMENT AND HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO USE LEAVE BUT FAILED TO DO SO. POST DEPLOYMENT RECOVERY TIME IS NOT A VALID REASON FOR REINSTATEMENT OF LOST LEAVE WHEN ACCRUED LEAVE COULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN ITS PLACE.

4. SLA STATUTE AND OSD GUIDANCE:

A. THE SITUATION PREVENTING SERVICE MEMBERS FROM USING LEAVE MUST HAVE BEEN CAUSED BY A CATASTROPHE, NATIONAL EMERGENCY AND/OR CRISIS OR OPERATION IN DEFENSE OF NATIONAL SECURITY. FURTHERMORE, IT SHOULD BE A RESULT OF THE MEMBER'S INABILITY TO TAKE LEAVE OR TO REDUCE THEIR LEAVE BALANCE TO 75 DAYS BEFORE THE END OF THE FISCAL YEAR.

B. TITLE 10, USC, SECTION 701-F-1 A&B, CONTAINS A SPECIAL AUTHORIZATION THAT ALLOWS THE UNDERSECRETARY OF DEFENSE TO GRANT SERVICE MEMBERS UP T0 120 DAYS LEAVE AT THE END OF THE FISCAL YEAR PROVIDED THEY HAVE SERVED ON ACTIVE DUTY FOR A CONTINUOUS PERIOD OF AT LEAST 120 DAYS IN AN AREA IN WHICH THEY ARE ENTITLED TO SPECIAL PAY FOR DUTY SUBJECT TO HOSTILE FIRE OR IMMINENT DANGER UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF DOD 7000.14-R, VOLUME 7A, CHAPTER 10. ADDITIONALLY, IN RECOGNITION OF THE IMPACT NATURAL DISASTERS HAVE ON OPERATIONS TEMPO AND A MEMBER’S ABILITY TO TAKE LEAVE, SERVICE MEMBERS WHO, ON OR AFTER 29 AUGUST 2005, WERE PERFORMING DUTIES DESIGNATED BY THE SECRETARY CONCERNED AS QUALIFYING DUTY, MAY ACCUMULATE UP TO 120 DAYS OF LEAVE. LEAVE THAT EXCEEDS 75 DAYS ACCUMULATED UNDER EITHER CONDITION IN THIS PARAGRAPH IS LOST UNLESS USED BEFORE THE END OF THE FOURTH FISCAL YEAR FOLLOWING THE FISCAL YEAR IN WHICH THE QUALIFYING SERVICE TERMINATES.

C. TITLE 10, USC, SECTION 701-F-2, IS A SPECIAL AUTHORIZATION THAT ALLOWS THE UNDERSECRETARY OF DEFENSE TO GRANT MEMBERS PERMISSION TO RETAIN ANY ACCUMULATED LEAVE IN EXCESS OF 75 DAYS, NOT TO EXCEED 120 DAYS, AT THE END OF THE FISCAL YEAR. THE AUTHORITY DOES NOT MANDATE DEPLOYMENT/ASSIGNMENT TO A HOSTILE FIRE/IMMINENT DANGER PAY AREA. THIS PARAGRAPH APPLIES TO ALL MEMBERS WHO LOST LEAVE DUE TO SUPPORT FOR CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS BUT THEY DID NOT DEPLOY TO A HOSTILE FIRE/IMMINENT DANGER PAY AREA. AN EXAMPLE WOULD BE HOME STATION PERSONNEL WHO LOST LEAVE DUE TO CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS OR PERSONNEL WHO DEPLOYED TO SUPPORT CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS. LEAVE THAT EXCEEDS 75 DAYS ACCUMULATED UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH IS LOST UNLESS USED BEFORE THE END OF THE SECOND FISCAL YEAR AFTER THE FISCAL YEAR IN WHICH SUCH SERVICE ON ACTIVE DUTY IS TERMINATED.

5. ELIGIBILITY (QUALIFYING OPERATIONS DEFINED): IAW TITLE 10, US CODE, SECTION 701-F-2-A&B MEMBERS WHO WERE RECALLED FROM OR NOT AUTHORIZED ANNUAL LEAVE AS A CONSEQUENCE OF DUTY ASSIGNMENTS IN SUPPORT OF A CONTINGENCY OPERATION CAUSING THEM TO LOSE LEAVE AS OF 30 SEP 08 ARE AUTHORIZED RESTORATION OF LOST LEAVE. THE ONLY QUALIFYING OPERATIONS FOR THIS SLA PERIOD ARE: ENDURING FREEDOM, NOBLE EAGLE, AND IRAQI FREEDOM. IF QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS’ DEPLOYMENT ENDED IN FY08 THEY MUST USE ANY RESTORED LEAVE BY THE END OF FY2010. IF QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS’ DEPLOYMENT ENDS IN FY09, THEY MUST USE ANY RESTORED LEAVE BY THE END OF FY2011.

6. PROCEDURES:

A. INDIVIDUALS WHO MEET THE CRITERIA OUTLINED IN PARAGRAPH 4 and 5 SHOULD APPLY FOR SPECIAL LEAVE ACCRUAL THROUGH COMMAND CHANNELS. MEMBERS CURRENTLY DEPLOYED WILL IDENTIFY THEMSELVES TO THEIR PERSCO TEAM. THE PERSCO TEAM WILL NOTIFY THE HOMESTATION FOR INCLUSION ON THE MASS LIST.

B. MPF/S WILL CONSOLIDATE NAMES OF INDIVIDUALS APPROVED FOR SLA AND FORWARD TO THE WING/CC OR WING/CV, (OR

EQUIVALENT) (O-6 OR ABOVE) FOR FINAL APPROVAL. MPF/S WILL USE THE SPREADSHEETS AND INSTRUCTIONS LOCATED AT HTTP://WWW.ASK.AFPC.RANDOLPH.AF.MIL. ONCE ON THIS WEBSITE CLICK ON MPF-PDS SUPPORT, MPF/CSS SUPPORT, WORK

CENTERS, THEN CUSTOMER SERVICE. THERE ARE TWO LINKS PROVIDED FOR THE MPF/S TO USE: A 2 & 4 YR SLA SPREADSHEET

(FOR MEMBERS RETIRING PRIOR TO 1 MAR 09, SEE PARAGRAPH F BELOW). THE 2 YR WORKSHEET WILL BE USED TO RECORD THE

NAMES OF PERSONNEL AUTHORIZED CARRYOVER UNDER PARA 4C ABOVE AND THE 4 YR WORKSHEET WILL BE USED TO RECORD THE NAMES OF PERSONNEL AUTHORIZED CARRYOVER UNDER PARA 4B ABOVE.

C. AT JOINT ORGANIZATIONS, THE SENIOR AIR FORCE OFFICER REPRESENTATIVE ON STAFF APPROVES SLA FOR MEMBERS SERVING IN JOINT ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSIGNED TO UNITS, HEADQUARTERS, AND SUPPORT STAFF.

D. AT OTHER ORGANIZATIONS (AIR STAFF, MAJCOM, FOA, DRU, ETC.), THE SENIOR OFFICER REPRESENTATIVE (O-6 AND ABOVE) AT THE DIRECTORATE LEVEL APPROVES SLA FOR MEMBERS ASSIGNED.

E. MPF/S OR EQUIVALENT WILL FORWARD THE LIST OF APPROVED NAMES ALONG WITH THE APPROVAL LETTER TO HQ AFPC/DPSIMC VIA ENCRYPTED EMAIL NLT 30 NOV 08 to (email address removed) .

ALL REQUESTS NOT MEETING THE 30 NOV 08 SUSPENSE WILL BE INDIVIDUALLY ENTERED INTO THE CASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMS), BY THE BASE LEAVE PROGRAM MANAGER.

F. REQUESTS FOR THOSE MEMBERS RETIRING OR SEPARATING PRIOR TO 1 MAR 09 WHO ANTICIPATE HAVING RESTORED LEAVE INCLUDED IN THEIR TERMINAL LEAVE REQUEST, SHOULD BE EXPEDITED THROUGH THE SERVICING MPF/S TO ENSURE THEIR LEAVE IS RESTORED PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF RETIREMENT/SEPARATION. UPON OBTAINING THE REQUIRED APPROVAL, THE BASE LEAVE PROGRAM MANAGER WILL SUBMIT A CMS CASE ON EACH INDIVIDUAL. A COPY OF THE APPROVAL LETTER AND RETIREMENT ORDERS WILL ACCOMPANY EACH REQUEST.

G. ANY COMMANDER IN THE CHAIN OF COMMAND MAY DISAPPROVE SLA REQUESTS WITHOUT REFERRING TO A HIGHER-LEVEL AUTHORITY WHEN THE MEMBER'S REQUEST DOES NOT MEET THE CRITERIA FOR SLA CONSIDERATION.

7. POC FOR SLA USE IS AFPC/DPSIMC AT DSN 665-2591.

xxx., COLONEL, USAF

CHIEF, SUSTAINMENT DIVISION

UNCLAS

• 2 years later...

2 quick questions... I lost 30 days leave because I was in "school" and not permitted to use any leave. Is there any way to get that back, or am I SOL?

Second, I believe the 75 day carryover ends on 31 Dec of this year, how will that be implemented? I have 80 days right now (had 105 before the end of the fiscal and acrued 5 more since)... will I lose another 15 at the end of the year?

Thanks!

2 quick questions... I lost 30 days leave because I was in "school" and not permitted to use any leave. Is there any way to get that back, or am I SOL?

Just to clarify - you had 75 days before starting a 12 month course and used none during that period?

If so, you are SOL.

Second, I believe the 75 day carryover ends on 31 Dec of this year, how will that be implemented? I have 80 days right now (had 105 before the end of the fiscal and acrued 5 more since)... will I lose another 15 at the end of the year?

No, it's the end of the fiscal year (October 2011).

Whatever leave you have above 60 will be lost after 30 Sep 2011.

Whatever leave you have above 60 will be lost after 30 Sep 2011.

My bet is that it will once again be extended--you still have Army/Marine Corps guys doing their one year on/one year off deployments which will make it difficult for many members to burn those extra 15 days of leave prior to 30 Sep 2011. Especially since now they don't charge you for your 15 days of mid-tour leave when deployed for a year (I so wish they would make that retroactive!).

Thanks, thought so, but thought I would ask.

That will be tough to burn 45 days in about 6 months (Still in school until March)... I guess I better write Congress. Not to match my plight with those that are not getting leave because of their deployment/location, but "not permitted to take leave" seems pretty straight forward, regardless of cause.

Thanks, thought so, but thought I would ask.

That will be tough to burn 45 days in about 6 months (Still in school until March)... I guess I better write Congress. Not to match my plight with those that are not getting leave because of their deployment/location, but "not permitted to take leave" seems pretty straight forward, regardless of cause.

It's been extended to 2013. http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=55551

I am going to be PCS'ing to Pensacola for CSO training next week. I am trying to figure out whether or not I will be able to come home for christmas since I will not have any leave. I am heard through the grapevine that I could take as many as 10 days advanced leave. Not saying I am going to need that much but is there any insight to this. I will be on casual status during this time as well.

I am going to be PCS'ing to Pensacola for CSO training next week. I am trying to figure out whether or not I will be able to come home for christmas since I will not have any leave. I am heard through the grapevine that I could take as many as 10 days advanced leave. Not saying I am going to need that much but is there any insight to this. I will be on casual status during this time as well.

If you're casual, don't worry about it, you'll be able to take leave. Just make sure you tell them (STUCON) as soon as you get here. Also, they're pretty good about allowing you to go 10 days in the red on your leave balance. They'll explain it all to you more when you get here. Cheers...

If you're casual, don't worry about it, you'll be able to take leave. Just make sure you tell them (STUCON) as soon as you get here. Also, they're pretty good about allowing you to go 10 days in the red on your leave balance. They'll explain it all to you more when you get here. Cheers...

Great Thanks! I am just trying to schedule my flights before they shoot through the roof.

Great Thanks! I am just trying to schedule my flights before they shoot through the roof.

Technique only: call your new unit, ask for a flight commander, and make sure you at least get a verbal before you spend the dough.

Technique only: call your new unit, ask for a flight commander, and make sure you at least get a verbal before you spend the dough.

Yeah, don't be that guy. Something for all the new guys reading this is to get all leave cleared through the leave manager (usually an ADO type) and only then buy tickets. If you're PCS'ing in, call the ops desk. Or in this case, STUCON. Bottom line is they're going to give you leave; it's right before Christmas, and it's the Navy. They don't give a shit.

So I am running into a wall trying to get leave while at PIQ in Altus.

I am TDY Enroute and trying to take a chunk of leave for Xmas and NYE.

Problems I am running into are mostly that I am being told my Non-A expires if I take leave (and I will have to roll the dice when I return to see if I get it again), I will have to give up my hotel room since I will no longer be reimbursed for it (or pay out of pocket), I will have to pay out of pocket for storage for all my junk, and I won't make any Per Diem during that time.

Can anyone back this up? It's really the Non-A and hotel room portions that are bothering me. I can understand why I wouldn't get Per Diem since I wont be there, but it just seems that anyone trying to take Leave while TDY or TDY Enroute are getting the shaft.

Rumor is there is some sort of JFTR/JTR that says while taking leave your entitlements can't be cut or something. I am looking for that now but figured I'd ask here as well.

Thanks!

Guest Crew Report

So I am running into a wall trying to get leave while at PIQ in Altus.

I am TDY Enroute and trying to take a chunk of leave for Xmas and NYE.

Problems I am running into are mostly that I am being told my Non-A expires if I take leave (and I will have to roll the dice when I return to see if I get it again), I will have to give up my hotel room since I will no longer be reimbursed for it (or pay out of pocket), I will have to pay out of pocket for storage for all my junk, and I won't make any Per Diem during that time.

Can anyone back this up? It's really the Non-A and hotel room portions that are bothering me. I can understand why I wouldn't get Per Diem since I wont be there, but it just seems that anyone trying to take Leave while TDY or TDY Enroute are getting the shaft.

Rumor is there is some sort of JFTR/JTR that says while taking leave your entitlements can't be cut or something. I am looking for that now but figured I'd ask here as well.

Thanks!

Why are you taking leave? Altus doesn't have a local area. Fill out a 29B, have the Airlift or Tanker Flight Commander approve it, and sign out and go on Christmas exodus. Report to Bldg 87 the day you need to sign back into base and sign it. If you sign out, how is Amn Whatever going to know you're not in your room during the holidays?

29B has the 300 mile limit doesn't it? I wanted to head back to Chicago.

I'd like to see if there are any options besides going AWOL. Especially with it being AETC, I wouldn't hold it against them to have a recall or something for anyone not signed out.

But can you elaborate on Altus not having a "local area?" Does that mean the 29B is good for any CONUS place? If so I'd need to find the reg that says that because it's looking like an uphill battle with the people I am talking to trying to make this work.

TIA.

I can confirm that if you take leave while TDY you will lose the funding for your room and the per diem (at least my AD experience has been that way). The Non-A piece, I am not aware of. Not familiar with Altus pass limits, but at one point at LR (for example) you could take a pass anywhere in the CONUS if you fly but there were limits if you drive.

I would speculate that the non-a would still be good since you are required to check for lodging only once, but I am not the expert in that field and you never know what obscure things exist in the JFTR. I would suggest down-loading the JFTR and doing a search through the .pdf doc for the lodging piece and read for yourself.

Thanks HD,

I actually have the JTFR up right now. The problem with the "pass" is it's only 4 days. So I would have to be back to sign in.

Really sucks that -135 PIQ is just short of PCS limits (then again I do really enjoy the Per Diem...) so I wouldn't have this problem. Oh well, time to get creative.

Guest Crew Report

29B has the 300 mile limit doesn't it? I wanted to head back to Chicago.

I'd like to see if there are any options besides going AWOL. Especially with it being AETC, I wouldn't hold it against them to have a recall or something for anyone not signed out.

But can you elaborate on Altus not having a "local area?" Does that mean the 29B is good for any CONUS place? If so I'd need to find the reg that says that because it's looking like an uphill battle with the people I am talking to trying to make this work.

TIA.

When I was in CFIC I was allowed to drive from Altus to Destin, FL during the Thanksgiving break. Altus doesn't have an local area because it has the 29B form. You have to be able to get back within I believe 7-8 hours of being notified. Best option for you to do is go talk to your Flight Commander and ask about the Christmas Exodus policy. Flying is pretty much going to minimal during that time since the instructors will be on leave/pass as well.

When I was in CFIC I was allowed to drive from Altus to Destin, FL during the Thanksgiving break.

Would the 4 day vs 13 day time length play into it? I've never used a 29B for longer than a normal weekend.

I will go in tomorrow to ask again. I'd just like to bring as much info as I can to this fight.