Assignment Night Ideas

Toro

What are some cool assignment night themes guys have had? I'm trying to gather ideas for something good.

For the last class, we did a Price is Right theme. Guys were told to "Come on Down" as crews to the front of the room, then an F-15 item was put up on the screen that they had to guess the price of (GBU-12, AMRAAM, Gallon of JP-8, etc). Whoever got the closest to the price without going over was chosen to step up to the screen and a "Wheel" of sorts was spun that went through all the bases and stopped on their assignment.

What are some other good themes you've seen?

My class had a weird one, we had an assignment day at the pool at UPT, since the O-Club was closed the Friday prior to Memorial Day. The OG let us have the pool and some lifeguards the day prior to actual pool opening day. We had some kegs and the junior class grilled for us.

We all lined up in flightsuits and bare feet, sanitized, and took our places on the diving board. Our Flight Commanders read little bios on us that we wrote on each other, so they were pretty brutal. Really brutal, actually. We thought our Flight Commander would screen and censor them a little, but he let us have it.

We then had 17x24 pictures of all the possible aircraft made up and mounted on foam posterboard. 4 other IP's sat along the edge of the pool as "judges", but before we took the Nestea Plunge, they held up 4 planes (or a boat or a tank, whatever they felt like). Once the student surfaced, only one plane was left, and that's what you got.

My first class (I washed back right before assignment night) did an American Gladiators theme. They rented this inflatable platform and jousted each other, winner getting the assignment first. That was pretty cool. My second class played dodgeball. We were going to have each player chug a beer before they could run forward to get the ball but figured that wouldn't fly. I guess it would have since they did a similar thing at the last assignment night.

At ours we gathered inconspicuously at the wing building at a designated time a few days before graduation, some realizing for the first time who all was actually in their class. Then one at a time, while the rest waited in a conference room, and based on class ranking, we were called in one by one to an office down the hall to select our assignment from the drop for our class. Then when it was all over, we left individually, going separate ways (in my case to the LL/TF checkride brief), most likely talking on cell phones. The camaraderie was brilliant.

Guest KoolKat

Ditto on Rocker's description for me...Although, there were only two of us, so we added the, "ok...If what you asked for is on the sheet, pinky promise to take that one and not steal the other dude's assignment if you got the shaft...Deal? Deal."

All of the other ideas so far are pretty cool.

The Navy Sucks,

BENDY

My class did a Vegas night theme. We bought huge (3x5 Ft) playing cards for 5 card draw. After the best of 3 hands, the winning flight members got to go up individually to the slot machine and pull the handle. We had a powerpoint presentation with 3 different windows that would rotate different airplanes on it. Whenever the 3 lined up, that was your airplane. Pretty good assignment night theme....of course we were all so shit housed by then, it didn't really matter how we got our assignments! But fun for family, friends, and other classes.

Originally posted by Scooter14:

My class had a weird one, we had an assignment day at the pool at UPT, since the O-Club was closed the Friday prior to Memorial Day. The OG let us have the pool and some lifeguards the day prior to actual pool opening day. We had some kegs and the junior class grilled for us.

We all lined up in flightsuits and bare feet, sanitized, and took our places on the diving board. Our Flight Commanders read little bios on us that we wrote on each other, so they were pretty brutal. Really brutal, actually. We thought our Flight Commander would screen and censor them a little, but he let us have it.

We then had 17x24 pictures of all the possible aircraft made up and mounted on foam posterboard. 4 other IP's sat along the edge of the pool as "judges", but before we took the Nestea Plunge, they held up 4 planes (or a boat or a tank, whatever they felt like). Once the student surfaced, only one plane was left, and that's what you got.

Scooter was in my class and it was a blast. We had to keep our noses clean since one of the barely legal lifeguards was the OG's daugther.

Scooter, do you have any of the more acrobatic dives to post?

wacky

We chugged irish car bombs @ our track select @ Moody. Our IPs taped a piece of paper w/ our track on the bottom, so when we gulped it down we would see what our fate would be. Then the OG/CC chugged down a pint of Guiness before everyone...the man was a pro (took about 3 seconds). I wish I had remembered his name. Good times though.

• 1 month later...

Thread revival to bump this back to the top. All good ideas, just looking to solicit any others that guys might have since we're just over a month out for our guys' assignments.

Guest jcam753

Toro...if your guys are 0609 i've got an idea for you. we're doing a cinco de mayo theme. i imagine your guys are on the same night. we're busting pinatas to get our assignment. have fun

We did a mexican fiesta theme (seemed logical in Del Rio). We got a bunch of the 1 shot plastic liqour bottles, wrote our name on one side, then had our Flt/CC write our assignment on the other. We kicked it off by the whole class beating the crap out of the pinata (baseball bats, golf clubs, etc). Then, when your name came up, you had to search the rubble for your shot. We had some 10% truth type slides, then chug the shot and read your assignment. We decorated the O'club to fit the theme and all had sombreros to match.

sq1gqq.jpg