Politically Incorrect Instrument Procedures

ClearedHot

Dropping the Boystown reset yesterday reminded me that we used to have a SID out of Laughlin called the Boystown Three. I always wondered how they got away with it for so long. I am checking the NIMA site right now, but I don't see the SID anymore (and the site is painfully slow).

I did however find the ILS RWY 36 at Hurlburt Fld which still has Sammy has the IAF. For those not familiar, Sammy’s is the local strip club three miles east of the base (So being sent to Sammy and hold is not necessarily a bad deal).

Sammy.jpg

Anyone have any other examples?

[ 22. February 2006, 12:05: Message edited by: ClearedHot ]

Guest sickels101

I don't know if this is in the same league as yours but at Lincoln Municipal they have an IAF called Cooch for the Hi-VOR/DME or Tacan RWY 18. So technically, you are penetrating Cooch. And good times were had by all.

[ 22. February 2006, 12:58: Message edited by: SoNotToSpeak ]

BEAVR is one of our recovery points out of the Westover MOA. Always humerous to hear someone say "BEAVR on the nose". There's also a point near Lubbock named HYMAN.

I work with Beaver Control every flight in the local Area (San Diego). They are the controllers for the W-291 area. So Cal App loves to tell you to "switch the beav", "roger, switching beaver".

Originally posted by Scooter14:

Pease GPS 16

Not politically incorrect, and kind of dorky, but some terpster thought he was funny. Start at the western IAF and go all the way to the missed approach holding fix.

That's pretty funny, and I like how "SATAN" fits in there so naturally (uh, sts)!

You can search fixes here: http://www.airnav.com/airspace/fix/

I was going to mention the GPS to Pease, but Scooter beat me to it.

There is a fix South of Boston Logan Intl (BOS 153/22) and the gods were shining on me the day I got to report "Crusader 3241V, DRUNK with Whiskey"

Hoser

When flying westbound from Andrews, the standard routing is always LDN J134 STL ...well, one day when flying this, I could see all of the fixes on the jet route which were displayed on the MFD (we never really look @ the chart). The fixes read (in order): STEVE COLNS LAYED HNN (HNN is Henderson) Coincidence? I think not!

There's a FAF called COXOR into Lackland I believe. I used to think I was giving out a little too much info by reporting COXOR, gear down. I'm not sure how they found out, but that's none of their business...

Originally posted by Hoser:

I was going to mention the GPS to Pease, but Scooter beat me to it.

There is a fix South of Boston Logan Intl (BOS 153/22) and the gods were shining on me the day I got to report "Crusader 3241V, DRUNK with Whiskey"

Hoser

Hoser you are too lucky!

Back at Moody the SQ/DO had the personality of a fence post and he was a stickler strict interpretation of the rules. One of his rules was using VCSL callsigns out of the book for cross-country trips. I was taking a plane to the desert and what do you think the book puked out…Fairy-69. I tried to convince the command post to give me the alternate, but the DO had already called the Command Post and ordered them not. So there I was crossing the pond, flying through Europe, and into Saudi using Fairy-69. It was the most depressing 4 days of my life.

Guest Dirt Beater

When you guys have a callsign that has a '9' in it do you always say "X niner" or "niner X", or just kinda blow it off? I wouldn't think anyone would get too chafed about it..

Originally posted by Slye:

There's a FAF called COXOR into Lackland I believe. I used to think I was giving out a little too much info by reporting COXOR, gear down. I'm not sure how they found out, but that's none of their business...

COXOR is the FAF for 14L at Randolph AFB. Lackland doesn't have runways (and I don't buy that Lackland Annex crap, its Kelly).

Hoser

Guest Xtndr50boom

Montana, Wyoming. It's all the same: Sticksville.

Thanks for the correction YC

[ 22. February 2006, 21:36: Message edited by: Xtndr50boom ]