Squadron Margarita machine

B52gator

Guest Navtastic

You can make bourbon slushies w/ a margarita machine. As a matter of fact, if you get a two-banger granita (Italian slushie) machine, everyone should be happy. You can get one of those bad boys for cheap from a snooty coffee shop that has gone tango uniform.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sickels101
Originally posted by b52gator:

One of the "guys" in our squadron thought it would be a good idea to get a margarita machine for our hooch. Should I:

A. Talk some sense into him

B. Tell the SQ/CC this has bad idea written all over it

C.

D. Tell him to quit being a SNAP

E. C and D

I love it when a Nav whips out the SNAP comment. I bet you that "guy" was probably an EW. But that would be the easy and obvious guess.

[ 06. June 2006, 17:32: Message edited by: SoNotToSpeak ]

I'm with b52gator on this one. Pretty soon you'll get in trouble for not wearing enough squadron "flair" at the hooch. Save the 'rita machines for a fern bar and stick with beer, bourbon, scotch, etc in the ole SQ bar.

Originally posted by a nav:

Dude, have you even been here long enough when we actually HAD a hooch? That whole area has been shut down for months now and I thought you didnt get on station til after it was closed.

Our hooch is going way downhill...this should sum it up here. We do have a B-17 ball turret hanging from the ceiling, which is pretty bas a$$ if youve never seen one up close. A nice tribute to bomber heritage. Also on the wall is (from what I recall) a painting of a B-24 with an old school pin up on the side. From what Ive heard, we will have to paint over her, cause that isnt PC anymore. So much for heritage. We might as well take down the ball turret cause it probably killed people...

Originally posted by Hydro130:

2!

Stateside partying can not come close to the kind of debauchery that can be had in the Pacific.

As for the Margarita machine...just fill it with Weed and ice and make Jeremiah slushy's!

Guest scottaxelson
Dude, i have been here almost 5 years
My apologies, got you confused with another guy in the squadron that posts on here. I wouldnt mind the rita machine, I just honestly dont think anyone is going to embrace it and its going to end up being a huge waste of $. Also I dont see enough $ in the squadron going out for both beer and tequilla and margarita supplies. But well see, sounds like hes adamant bout gettin this thing.

[ 06. June 2006, 20:49: Message edited by: Toro ]

Guest Hydro130

Mambo's a good cat... we go back a ways . My days of flying Lead are long gone.

Cheers, Hydro

[ 06. June 2006, 20:50: Message edited by: Toro ]

I say get the 'rita machine only...

and I repeat...

ONLY

...if you have already paid-off the JagerMeister machine.

Now, if you don't have a Jager machine, then you need to get your f*cking priorities straight.

Guest Bullmastiff
Originally posted by Fury220:

I say get the 'rita machine only...

and I repeat...

ONLY

...if you have already paid-off the JagerMeister machine.

Now, if you don't have a Jager machine, then you need to get your f*cking priorities straight.

I agree a Jager machine is a very important investment. Definetely the best 300 dollars I ever spent off Ebay

Guest waxgoblin
Originally posted by Bullmastiff:

I agree a Jager machine is a very important investment. Definetely the best 300 dollars I ever spent off Ebay

Guest lovelacm
Originally posted by Navtastic:

You can make bourbon slushies w/ a margarita machine.

*Loud Tire Screaching Noises*

Did someone say Bourbon Slush!? Oh, Hell yeah! That'd keep the squadron well greased and rolling along. Shoot.. just keep that thing "loaded" and runnin' durin' the summer... great for a debrief at 0200 when it's STILL hot and sticky out there.

to Navtastic for a fantastic idea. Now if only we could get the CC to buy-off on that idea.

Linda

At this point in my career I'm for anything that will get anyone to drink alcohol. It seems like everyone I am meeting that is married doesn't like to drink, doesn't like to get drunk etc. Since when does getting hitched means you don't like to drink? Or the ever popular two drink minimum?

I see a lot of posts on here that are something along the lines of... I don't drink am I going to get along with my classmates at UPT if I don't drink?

It seems like its becoming the norm that if you get drunk and rowdy at roll-call then you are on everyone's s-list. I don't know if this is a SNAPism but its starting to piss me off.

I'll give an example of this new culture.

Random Dude: Hey are you going to roll call tonight?

Me: Maybe, but I have a garage-sale and I don't want to get s-faced and have to rummuge around crap tonight to price it out.

Random Dude: Audible sigh...

And let me remind you it wasn't a sigh that I wasn't getting s-faced at roll call, it was a sigh that I would even think about getting drunk at all.

Looking back on the situation, I should have just got drunk and told the misses to do all the garage sale crap.

Actually someone else should have scolded me for even considering not going to roll call and made to do penalty shots of weed.

I need a 12 step program for being a SNAP...

[ 09. June 2006, 20:57: Message edited by: ktulu34535 ]

Originally posted by ktulu34535:

At this point in my career I'm for anything that will get anyone to drink alcohol. It seems like everyone I am meeting that is married doesn't like to drink, doesn't like to get drunk etc. Since when does getting hitched means you don't like to drink? Or the ever popular two drink minimum?

I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was noticing this rather depressing trend. And yes, it is a HUGE trend among the married dudes. I will never live in base housing again because my wife and I were viewed as heathen's because we'd go the the club on the weekends and stumble home, or we'd be the one's having the barbeque and drinking in the back yard with friends. Nobody else in the neighborhood drank at ALL. That was probably my biggest reality shock coming on active duty years ago was how few drank and had fun. It seems like LT's are pinning on the butter bars these days and throwing in out thier taste for the social nector. Anybody else notice this?

Guest Navtastic
Originally posted by LT4Life:

Anybody else notice this?

Yes, I've noticed the new trend. I've also noticed that almost everyone in the squadron I'm going to after the FTU has a little wifey. I guess gotta get me one of those just to fit in.

Guest sleepy

If people don't want to drink, that's fine. Due to a scholarship pledge, I went through four years of college without doing it. And I managed to have fun.

I never judged anyone for drinking. I envied them. The only time I ever said anyting to anyone was when someone else with the scholarship was drinking. Integrity dammit. Get some.

Obviously someone's got to be responsible, but that's not hard. Fun police are bad.

I'm going to run from the fun police right about now...

Originally posted by Dotcom:

Black label, HD? I know you've got the flow for Blue!

Absolutely. But I'm sure I can't afford to drink it regularly. If you want to buy me a bottle to prove me wrong, go right ahead! :D

HD

I was beginning to wonder if anyone else was noticing this rather depressing trend. And yes, it is a HUGE trend among the married dudes. I will never live in base housing again because my wife and I were viewed as heathen's because we'd go the the club on the weekends and stumble home, or we'd be the one's having the barbeque and drinking in the back yard with friends. Nobody else in the neighborhood drank at ALL.
That is a shame.

Just so all base housing and married officers don't get a bad rap, I lived in base housing from March 1998- Dec 2002. We had a BLAST. Sure, we had a few oddball neighbors, but the ones that lived right near us were awesome. I mean the still-keep-in-touch-with firends-for-life kind of couples. We'd watch their kids, they'd watch ours, we'd help each other out, and man, did we get hammered.

For example, New Years 2000, we took the beds out of a room at my neighbors house and it was wall-to-wall Pack and Plays. We then commenced partying, put the kids down about 10 PM, and drank our asses off. The chaplain that lived behind me stayed sober (he didn't drink), so we knew someone could be the adult supervision when we brought out ...

The FIREWORKS! Drunk pilots, navs, JAGs and MX officers, a sober chaplain, explosives and a Zippo. Don't try this at home.

We'd sit around and drink beer all of the time around a fire pit made from a beat up old Weber grill and smoke cigars and then we'd go play night golf or something stupid like that.

[ 10. June 2006, 20:09: Message edited by: Scooter14 ]