Best Officer position besides pilot

Guest AirTime

Guest Airtime

If you weren't a pilot name a officer job in the AF that you wouldn't mind having. I know there is a huge list but sometimes it takes some working with people or knowing what the job is like/having friends to understand the full description of the job.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skipplet

My friend's dad reenlisted so that he could play bass for the Air Force. hahaha

[ 03. February 2006, 00:08: Message edited by: Karl ]

Guest Airtime
Originally posted by Linda:

It's even in our Core Values, man:

"Services Before Self."

LOL! I was talking about officer positions. Im sure there are some in Services but I think the majority are enlisted.

I'd rather be a MX officer fixing aircraft and wathing them fly than wear SPWINGS. At least you are supporting the warfighter and not paying lipservice in a bag thinking you are an OPERATER. Is that a telphone operator or computer operator. Remember they are operating in SPACE and most of the SPACE is between their ears! Yes, you never know when the DELL computer will catch fire and you must complete the Boldface of Control Alt Delete in the correct order. Rant off

Guest Texas Aggie

I would recommend Airfield Operations as an officer. You get the FAA Air Traffic Control ticket for both control tower and radar approach control (this may get you a job on the outside if interested).

In addition to air traffic control, officers in the field also are resposible for airfield management and base operations. Both dispatch and airport operations are marketable on the outside.

Officers in Airfield Ops get a ton of training with a short service contract. Take a look at the civilian counterparts.... airport management, air traffic control and airline dispatch. This may help you in your decesion. Good luck.

I hear rumors that snacko is going to be an official AFSC....

I'd say possibly intel, ABM, or Nav. If I weren't going to pilot training or doing one of those three things, I'd definitely volunteer to get out under the new "early retirement" program they have going for Lt's like myself...

Guest sickels101
Originally posted by heloguy:

Take it to the next level, Tops in Blue director

Hahaha, Tops In Blue just arrived at Barksdale today.

Originally posted by Rocker:

Combat Rescue Officer (CRO).

Of course I'd need to get myself in four times the shape I'm in now, but pararescue is awesome.

CRO's are not actually PJ's, nor do they possess all they training that PJ's have. I recently found out that they won't even go out on actual CSAR missions, they'll basically just run the show from the CP.

[ 02. February 2006, 12:40: Message edited by: HeloDude ]

Roger, I know a CRO is not a PJ/CCT but as far as officer careers go in the special ops/rescue world, CRO would be interesting and challenging, and is related to the field of pararescue. I didn't mean to imply that they are the same thing.