• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to say I got picked up! I've been on this forum for almost 2 years now and it has helped me a lot with SA. Looking forward to the adventure and thanks for all the help!

You, son, have lots to learn.

Anyone know if our favorite Buckley applicant got the call?

Posted Images

10 hours ago, goodflightcowboy said:

Anybody going to the Tulsa UTA this weekend? I've sent them two emails but haven't gotten a response. 

Not going to this one but I got some folks on the phone a few days ago asking about the next one (call the POCs phone and if nobody is there ask for someone else).  Apparently just show up and somebody will get you on base is the feedback I received.  

Is it a good idea to fit how many interviews you’ve had so far onto your application somewhere (resume or cover letter)? And if so with what squadrons?

I can see how this might make you look competitive but I can also see how it might just look dumb.

5 hours ago, ZR-1 said:

Is it a good idea to fit how many interviews you’ve had so far onto your application somewhere (resume or cover letter)? And if so with what squadrons?

I can see how this might make you look competitive but I can also see how it might just look dumb.

Honestly to me that’s like saying “here’s a list of everyone who didn’t like me as much in real life.” I would advise a hard pass personally. 

Edited by admdelta

Any information on the bomber squadrons within the Guard/reserve? I believe there is one B2 (ANG), one B52 (AFRC), and one B1 (AFRC) squadron. I can’t find any information on when/if they hold UPT boards. Or if they had in the past. But I’m highly interested in flying them.

7 hours ago, Yeeyee said:

Any information on the bomber squadrons within the Guard/reserve? I believe there is one B2 (ANG), one B52 (AFRC), and one B1 (AFRC) squadron. I can’t find any information on when/if they hold UPT boards. Or if they had in the past. But I’m highly interested in flying them.

I'm currently making phone calls and trying to get through the gatekeepers for the bomb squadrons.  Have you had any luck?  I'm sure the B2 squadron in Missouri probably recruits pretty heavily from the AD rated in that aircraft but I've heard (poorly supported) rumors the Dyess AFB Reserve B1 squadron has sponsored people in the past for UPT.

Got a hold of the B1 and B2 pilots a while ago. B1 guys said no Board for at least 3 years. B2 guys have prospects send in a resume and then they reach out, mostly rated though.

This was maybe 8 months ago, so it be a good idea to reach out to them to get an updated response

On 1/16/2020 at 9:31 AM, Burger said:

Got a hold of the B1 and B2 pilots a while ago. B1 guys said no Board for at least 3 years. B2 guys have prospects send in a resume and then they reach out, mostly rated though.

This was maybe 8 months ago, so it be a good idea to reach out to them to get an updated response

Interesting. I may send the 131st a resume and see what happens.

19 hours ago, gear3green said:

That is for the f16s. I’m looking for info on the c40s. 

I know one of the pilots in the C40 squadron at Andrews.  He actually used to fly Vipers for the 121st and then switched over to the bigger jet so he could balance other responsibilities outside the guard.  He mentioned that they haven't had a UPT board and typically just hire rated aviators (I know they tend to fly around a bunch of very powerful government officials which probably has something to do with it).  If you're looking to fly heavies I'd probably focus your efforts elsewhere.  

Edited by tarheelaviator
3 hours ago, tarheelaviator said:

I know one of the pilots in the C40 squadron at Andrews.  He actually used to fly Vipers for the 121st and then switched over to the bigger jet so he could balance other responsibilities outside the guard.  He mentioned that they haven't had a UPT board and typically just hire rated aviators (I know they tend to fly around a bunch of very powerful government officials which probably has something to do with it).  If you're looking to fly heavies I'd probably focus your efforts elsewhere.  

Thanks man! I’m actually a rated guy already. Just looking for options. 

On 1/16/2020 at 10:31 AM, Burger said:

Can confirm the B-1 bit.  The Dyess Reserve folks won't have a UPT board till 2023.  As for the Missouri B-2s they just had a UPT board but it was open to only for folks who were currently in the Missouri Air National Guard.  The POC said they occasionally will recruit UPT from the outside but it depends on the year.  Hope this helps some folks.  

• Upvote 1