UTA Reschedules

So my unit is telling me I can't reschedule the January UTA because of a lack of funding. Maybe I'm revealing some glaring ignorance here but I'm wondering why it matters if I get paid for working Mon/Tue vs. Sat/Sun? What's really frustrating is that the training I had planned for the reschedule had far more validity than what I'll get at the UTA. Anyone else seeing similar issues?

That doesn't make any sense...what does funding have to do with it. It should cost the same whether you accomplish it now or later. I've never heard of such a thing. I treat my UTA days just like my AFTPs. I've never even considered the idea that I can't use my UTA pay days whenever I wish.

We were told the same thing at December UTA: Jan UTA reschedules would be nearly impossible and would invite much scrutiny, due to budget/funding issues. OG or WG directed, to all the SQs.

Jarhead...did they say what exactly is the "budget/funding issue?" As a pilot I get 48 UTAs and 48 AFTPs a year. I fail to see how burning my December UTA costs any different if I burn it on drill weekend or a month later. I don't necessarily use my UTAs on drill weekend. Also, are you guys Reserve or ANG?

Edited by SocialD

I'm Reserve.

Jarhead...did they say what exactly is the "budget/funding issue?" As a pilot I get 48 UTAs and 48 AFTPs a year. I fail to see how burning my December UTA costs any different if I burn it on drill weekend or a month later. I don't necessarily use my UTAs on drill weekend. Also, are you guys Reserve or ANG?

No, they didn't say specifically... but I'm pretty sure Kenny Powers got it right [below]. I get the same UTA/AFTP numbers, and like you, I don't always use UTA days on the actual UTA weekend.

Maybe they are imposing restrictions so they can plan/control their budget more accurately? Not necessarily costing any more or less but just more stable for future planning?