FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

Rumor from today is that the MC-12 guys were given 1 week to turn in an ADP because they're all going somewhere that isn't with the jets to AFSOC...

Can anyone validate that?

Checks. 300 some odd pilots told to find a new gig. Squadron commanders saying "WTF, I have to approve all these ADPs by WHEN?"

Checks. 300 some odd pilots told to find a new gig. Squadron commanders saying "WTF, I have to approve all these ADPs by WHEN?"

Winning.

On leave now but I submitted an ADP to my commander in Jan...its still sitting at " waiting CC review"

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Yikes. Good luck to those guys...this might belong in the WTF or What's Wrong with AF thread instead...

Yikes. Good luck to those guys...this might belong in the WTF or What's Wrong with AF thread instead...

If only they let us actually find our own gig.....instead of reclassing us to 11R core id's just a few short months ago...

Guest ThatGuy

If only they let us actually find our own gig.....instead of reclassing us to 11R core id's just a few short months ago...

That was done for a RIF that may or may not take place. Maybe they will switch them back for you guys? Yeah right...

I sit on the staff perch. My leadership has kept pretty close comms with AFPC sep. Surprised others are in the wilderness.

The VSP apps being adjudicated pre May 1 are ones not requiring adsc waivers. The guy recently denied '03 11M was denied because his year group closed out on the matrix (probably because people they approved had no adsc or adsc closing out imminently).

After May 1, sep branch plans to adjudicate applications using RDTM, yr group matrix, and ADSC from least to most. So, if you are an '05 11M with 4 yrs, a Gi bill, and TA that is going to look less favorable than say a clean kill 2 yrs ADSC left.

While it will not be a primary consideration, due to some pushback, there will be some weighted consideratiom given to where someone is stationed (i.e 11M RPA dude). After all, a particular weapons systems cannot go from mission capable to non mission capable virtually overnight. Overall, however, afpc plans to primarily use the assignment system to redistribute mission requirements, so leadership is expecting approvals even at bases with "mission requirements" just perhaps fewer. I guess we will all see soon...

Do you mean that VSP applications requiring UPT ADSC waivers will be held until after 1 May? Every ADSC requires a waiver through the LADSC waiver program, but there are several people who have now been approved with ADSC for PCS, GI Bill, and others. It seems that if you were good to go on the 13-65 matrix, you are getting approved. If you were waiting on the Expanded Waiver Authority, then you have to wait until after 1 May. It would be nice if AFPC explained this, as their actions do not match the info they release.

It seems some ADSCs are viewed differently than others. I wonder if they will be weighed differently in the approval process as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean that VSP applications requiring UPT ADSC waivers will be held until after 1 May? Every ADSC requires a waiver through the LADSC waiver program, but there are several people who have now been approved with ADSC for PCS, GI Bill, and others. It seems that if you were good to go on the 13-65 matrix, you are getting approved. If you were waiting on the Expanded Waiver Authority, then you have to wait until after 1 May. It would be nice if AFPC explained this, as their actions do not match the info they release.

It seems some ADSCs are viewed differently than others. I wonder if they will be weighed differently in the approval process as well...

Yes expanded waiver authority per the adsc matrix on mypers. Wasnt clear about that in previous post.

Thanks spaw, I wasn't trying to be snarky about your post; I just wish that AFPC would release clear, non-contradictory information. Some stuff says they are waiting until May 1, others brag about how many they have approved prior to May 1.

I would have needed 8 months of UPT and 15 months for PCS waived.

Mine didn't reach AFPC until last week, after sitting at the WG/CC for weeks. I knew I was a long shot from the beginning with an overage of only 18 (?).

Nunya, how much adsc do you have left and when did your application make it to afpc?

Officer RIF Board

The fiscal 2015 officer reduction in force board is scheduled to convene at the Air Force Personnel Center on Oct. 1. The LAF and health professions RIF matrices are being finalized and are expected to be posted next week

sooo, they're going to finalize RIF matrices next week, before they're done processing VSP and TERA applications? I see learning has NOT occured in the last 4-5 months.

sooo, they're going to finalize RIF matrices next week, before they're done processing VSP and TERA applications? I see learning has NOT occured in the last 4-5 months.

finalize in this case equals Version 1

Do they have updated numbers anywhere, or just the blue/red box matrix?

Nothing is updated. The red/blue matrix is the one they released on the 17th of last week (you know, the one they released too late to let folks know they weren't eligible anymore for the new TERA window that opened on the 15th).

Officer and enlisted voluntary separation pay

AFPC has received more than 1,200 officer and 6,800 enlisted applications. Even though the VSP window does not close until May 1, more than 340 officer and approximately 2,400 enlisted VSP applications have been approved as of Apr. 18. AFPC will continue to process applications in all eligible AFSCs, enlisted grades and officer year groups.

"AFPC will continue to process applications in all some* eligible AFSCs, enlisted grades and officer year groups."

* Applications with ADSCs requiring waivers will be processed if they were on the original waiver list. Those ADSCs added to the updated list require more time to process because [something]. Unless your application with that ADSC has already been approved; regardless, you may or may not expect an email shortly after your approval saying your application is disapproved. This may or may not be accurate or a glitch in the notification system.

"Even though the VSP window does not close until 1 May, more than 340 officer and approximately 2,400 enlisted VSP applications have been approved as of Apr 18*."

* Even though we said that applications would be processed in monthly batches, we can still revel in our ability to move to goalposts to ensure we never miss a deadline....

• Upvote 2

Nothing is updated. The red/blue matrix is the one they released on the 17th of last week (you know, the one they released too late to let folks know they weren't eligible anymore for the new TERA window that opened on the 15th).

Yeah, it was posted on the 17th, but the "Updated as of" is 15 April. The very day TERA window opened.

The screwed up part is TERA originally opened before VSP. I thought for sure I'd get it because my prior E time drove me past 18 years. Others in my year group ('01 11M) wouldn't be eligible without the E time.

So screwed up!

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but on the MyPers website it now says that VSP applications should be processed and answers given within 10 days after the window closes. Here's the direct quote from the website:

"Applications will be approved/disapproved within approximately 10 days after window closes"

Lets see if this timeline gets met.

'02 11M

GI Bill June '15

Adv Fly Training Oct '15 (while others aren't getting charged for the same training, bush league!)

VSP denied. Come on PC! Can I still apply for the 1-1 program now that our year group is red?

What a goat rope.

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

'02 11M

GI Bill June '15

Adv Fly Training Oct '15 (while others aren't getting charged for the same training, bush league!)

VSP denied. Come on PC! Can I still apply for the 1-1 program now that our year group is red?

What a goat rope.

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

I think red means they've reached their magic number for your YG/AFSC for FY14 Force Management, so I don't think you'd be able to apply for 1-1 since that's a FY14 program, but who knows. You should still be good for traditional PC.

Don't know if this was posted earlier, but on the MyPers website it now says that VSP applications should be processed and answers given within 10 days after the window closes. Here's the direct quote from the website:

"Applications will be approved/disapproved within approximately 10 days after window closes"

Lets see if this timeline gets met.

It says "approximately". They've left themselves an out. I guess it's slightly better than the blatant lying/misinformation that's been going on since Dec