FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I hope this is worth the wait, prolly should have just applied for PC...

I don't know about that, the PC office has an epic backlog now. I ended up applying for VSP because getting the required paperwork together for PC was taking way too long. The only downside is now if they disapprove VSP, I'm behind the curve of the alleged 10-20 week wait for processing at the PC office. If I did my job this bad...

Chang is a nobody, why do you people keep asking for him? He's referring to Liquid.

Chang is funnier than Liquid. All depends on what you're looking for...

Personally, I'd rather read Chang's account of how awesomely this has all gone. The previously posted email was almost there (i.e. only 48 hours before the retractions went out), but I know for a fact Chang can do better.

Now, if you all are actually looking for answers...sure, Liquid would be a much better choice.

Bendy

Edited by Bender
  • Upvote 1

What makes everyone think liquid has anything to do with A1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody said that, I don't believe. Were the words not, "knowledgable in the ways of"? He (among others) are likely more knowledgable in the ways of A1 than Chang.

Now if you need someone knowledgable in the ways of WarCraft, Chang's your man...unless you have a Nav or a TSO handy, then just go with what you have readily available. At least they stay and fight back when someone goes LeRoy Jenkins.

Bendy

Edited by Bender

So my application says

AFPC TFSC SDR View (DPTO) (Assigned on: 2/28/2014 7:56:00 AM)

Not exactly sure what that means but its been there for a month and a half now......

Are you applying for TERA or VSP?

EDIT: I got antsy and called the TFSC to see where exactly my application was and I was able to confirm my application is indeed at the last stop before approval/disapproval (AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay), but the technician said the only thing it said was "pending" and that she didn't know if I'd hear anything about it before 1 May.

Edited by Dubs

E-mail from my CC said the status of my VSP App is awaiting my functional's input, but my CMS status says AFPC OFF Voluntary Separation Pay on 2/13/2014. No movement in 2 months, with the exception of uploading my additonal docs on 10 Apr by AFPC ENL Voluntary Separation Pay...weird that the Enlisted VSP branch would handle my docs. I know the incoming (Apr) functional, may be time to use the bro network...

So I've gotta give credit to FLY6584 for giving me the idea, and I can completely understand how he wasn't able to read his question during the SECAF visit…they only had 5 during ours. I was tired of bitching about the VSP eligibility and decided to ask the SECAF myself while she came to visit our deployed location. Here was my question:

"Madam Secretary, thank you for taking my question regarding the FY14 Force Management Programs. On behalf of the 2,500 pilots in the 2005-2008 year groups who were identified for the RIF and voluntary programs, my question is on our VSP eligiblity. There are 415, or 16%, currently identified as a coverage in the Air Force, and many have sought to exhaust "voluntary" measures available, vice waiting for the "involuntary" boards. Many pilots have already been denied for VSP due to their Pilot Training service commitments, while others have been processing at AFPC since last month. It has been expressed that the waiver authority for our Pilot Training commitment resides with you, Madam Secretary, so we would like to know if you are expecting to waive these commitments for eligible volunteers? And, if we won't be waived, will this group still be expected to meet involuntary boards without being afforded the option of voluntary measures?"

Her answer: "I assume you are referencing the overages for the mobility pilots, because fighter pilots are currently undermanned. We just took a pause to relook at these programs, and you should be seeing some movement on the applications for those in overages soon"……..so, she didn't really answer the question specifically.

Final question: "To reference the first question, if someone is denied a voluntary program, are they expected to meet an involuntary board?"

Her response: "I would assume not. If they are eligible to volunteer, I don't know why we wouldn't let them and then send them to the boards. Am I correct? Let me ask my leaders (looks at the Generals in the front row). We'll have to confer with the personnel center and get back to you."

I'm not sure what answer I was expecting to hear, but I definitely got the 'Politician Special', vague and brief. I'm one of the lucky ones that still has my VSP application in the system (submitted at 0050CST), so I'm hanging on to hope. From the feel of the forum, I would definitely reapply if you have already been denied. If you want out that bad, what do you have to lose?

Other info of note:

• Use voluntary measures prior to involuntary boards
  • Only 11,000-12,000 voluntary apps submitted (my guess is mostly pilots)
  • Looking to cut 16,700 from AD in FY15
  • 2x Involuntary boards, 13-15 months apart.
  • If you meet the 1st board, you won't meet the 2nd unless from disciplinary actions

Specifics:

11M, 2005, ADSC through June 2017

So, no kidding, I believe that what I asked the SECAF is actually being addressed. First, UPT ADSC waivers are approved and delegated. Second, another TERA/VSP board for those officers who are RIF eligible to apply for voluntary programs prior to the board in Oct. Your welcome! :rock:http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/483997/af-opens-additional-tera-vsp-windows.aspx

Pure speculation on my part, but it seems like these rated TERA/VSP approvals are flowing out in functional batches. Yesterday there were a couple of 11/12B guys and today a couple of 11/12R's. Last week it seemed like the 11M's were gettting approved. This is entirely anecdotal, but just what I think appears to be a pattern.

Sooooo, the milliion dollar question: is it the Functionals holding this up, or the seperations office?

From a 12R still waiting on VSP...

Edited by nichter

Yeah...not so well played after all.

Just got a call from AFPC saying they sent the approval to the wrong "Maj Xxxxx". The quota has been met and I was down the list a few. Currently waiting for a decision from a General on how to proceed from here.

All I've been wanting is a resolution to this process, either a yes or no. Kind of sucks telling your family you've been approved, then turning around a couple hours later and telling them you still don't have a clue!

Edited by Shaft34

"Final batch processing will happen once the program closes out (after 1 May), your application will be on hold until then. This is due to SAF just recently provided AFPC the expanded ADSC waiver authority which now allows us to process members with the ADSC for UPT. We are allowing time for others to apply before doing another round of batch processing for final decisions to be fair since the expanded authority was just released.

//SIGNED//

Name removed

My statement/question is this. We, or at least I, applied under the assumption they were going to do 30 day batches starting after the initial window opened...BACK IN FEB!!!!! They didnt wait for others to apply until that initial window closed so why are they now waiting another month to approve these???? They werent planning on doing it in the beginning, so why now? Are they saying everyone who applied that doesnt require a waiver are more qualified to receive VSP over someone who doesnt require a waiver? what about three people who all have one yr ADSCs for different reasons left, who wins in that tie? They need to publish ADSC priorities if that is the case so they are operating under standard conditions. Right now it seems like its at the whim of the GS-7. I would also like to know why the C-17 individual whose pilot training commitment was waived was approved before the rest of us then. This require an answer right now, not May 1, because by then it will be too late if they already hit their numbers. Blow up this guy's inbox with tough questions because i dont think they are following linear/static guidance and its creating turmoil in the masses.

• Upvote 1

Blow up this guy's inbox!

Agree! That should help speed things along. If only this one GS-7 felt a little pressure this whole thing should start straightening itself out.

It's completely understandable to wait for processing if people that were I eligible are now eligible. I do think they should publish the decision criteria you reference though, if for no other reason than to prove they have one. That type of action is transparency, a "status update" (regardless who sends it) is not.

Good luck guys,

Bendy

Edited by Bender