FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

HOT****Just got off the phone with total force service again. Finally got some helpful info. She said that if you are eligible for the RIF than 13-130 is the ONLY PSDM that applies to you. 14-08 is only for those not eligible. 13-130 has no such statement about referencing 13-65 for ADSC waivers. It's back on! Now how do I find good health insurance under obamacare? Wife is pregnant and due after separation.

Why have they not said this in the first place?

HOT****Just got off the phone with total force service again. Finally got some helpful info. She said that if you are eligible for the RIF than 13-130 is the ONLY PSDM that applies to you. 14-08 is only for those not eligible. 13-130 has no such statement about referencing 13-65 for ADSC waivers. It's back on! Now how do I find good health insurance under obamacare? Wife is pregnant and due after separation.

You can keep Tricare Standard for something like ~$2200/quarter (~$733/mo), or join a guard/reserve unit and get it for $205/mo. Ran into the same issue getting out (Wife due right before separating, decided to go ANG).

As a side note, most insurance you can purchase individually through folks like Blue Cross/United Healthcare/etc. doesn't cover maternity care. If you can get in with a small business/employer/trade group/etc., those policies usually cover maternity but check the fine print.

It would appear this might be correct. Upon closer reading of 13-130 there's this:

3. RIF-eligible officers submit VSP program applications via the vMPF IAW the VSP

application instructions below.

I think we all just assumed 14-08 applied to RIF eligible, but maybe not?

Also, 13-130 says:

Recoupment of unearned portions of education assistance funds, special pay, bonuses, or

other monetary incentives WILL NOT occur for officers selected for separation.

But it is not clear if it is only talking about involuntary separation or either one. Has anyone heard a clear answer? I'm specifically wondering about TA.

Wait, what? It's great news if it's true, but it sounds like BS. AFPC edited the PSDMs seemingly for the SOLE PURPOSE of excluding pilots from VSP in a roundabout way using a relatively narrow focused voluntary program (LADSC) in order to steer us toward Palace Chase. The folks at the help desk had been specifically briefed by the separations folks that UPT commitments wouldn't be waived and had answers for my specific year group (read: they know I'm RIF eligible). I hope it's true, but it doesn't jive with the other bullshit that's gone down today.

Edited by BamaC-21

I tend to agree, but, 13-65 is from last summer, with nothing about vsp being highlighted (changed). You can be vsp eligible but not rif eligible. I think its a long shot, but if they would like to have rif eligibles leave first, wouldn't they have to honor 13-130? If they want us to do palace chase, why even offer vsp. I hate that my life has become looking for details on afpc generated bullshit.

if they allowed for PC apps while deployed I know at least half the people in my deployed unit would have gone that route instead of VSP.

Why is that? I would rather VSP and then go Guard/Reserve. If you Palace Chase you miss out on the Separation Pay, but retain the option to go full time in the Guard/Reserve. Unless you aren't interested in flying for the airlines a TG or TR position should be just fine.

Why is that? I would rather VSP and then go Guard/Reserve. If you Palace Chase you miss out on the Separation Pay, but retain the option to go full time in the Guard/Reserve. Unless you aren't interested in flying for the airlines a TG or TR position should be just fine.

more likely to get approved, and I don't care about the separation pay.

more likely to get approved, and I don't care about the separation pay.

Yeah the better likelihood of getting approved is nice, but for me it's almost a mental thing. I hate to walk away from such a big part of my life with nothing to show for it. Sure we had TSP and our own savings, but had we been at a civilian company for 7-8 years plus we would have a pretty solid 401k as we transitioned to our next company.

That's refreshing. That's the type of commander that will actually follow Air Force guidance to not hold it against anyone that applies for VSP and is subsequently denied. Wish there were more like him.

Almost every one I've ever known (15 of 16 commanders in 22 years, in three communities) has had this attitude. It's far more prevalent than the douchenozzles who are often described on this board...

Edited by Learjetter

Sorry to hijack but what are the financial implications for walking into a Technician job from Active Duty (UPT base/IP)? Is that a good deal as an IP? What kind of compensation should someone expect compared to the AD teet I've been sucking on for the past 6 years?

Seen elsewhere on the Internets (attributed to an O-6): "I've just spoken AFPC/DPSOR Retirements and Separations Branch to get clarification on 11M eligibility for VSP. Per PSDM 13-65 (amended 5 Feb 14), undergraduate pilot training and advanced pilot training ADSCs are not being waived. AFPC confirmed that this is currently true and any VSP packages submitted by pilots with a flying ADSC will be disapproved."

Ya right. Like they have enough foresight to make 2 completely separate PSDMs, one for those who are RIF eligible and one for those who are not. Don't give them that much credit as I have yet to see where they deserve it.

Anyone know how far the vsp apps go? Does it stop at AFPC or go the SECAF level? I would think that since it is categorized as a "SECAF early release program" That it would go to her level, but who knows?

Last time they were approved/denied at the AFPC level.

• Upvote 1

to see where your VSP application is, log into vMPF, upper right you will see case mgmt system, click on it, that has your open CMS cases, it will show where it is at this moment. But dont hang out in there, heard commanders cant get it and if you keep logging it it makes it harder

for the person who asked about health care, if you separate via VSP you are not eligible for TAP benefits (different than TAP class) one of those benefits is the health care extending 6 months after your separation. I highly encourage trying to get on with a unit at least until that kid is 1!! you never know, and being in FTU or picking up a 60 day deployment you would be on orders and after the deployment and before you get free healthcare

Seen elsewhere on the Internets (attributed to an O-6): "I've just spoken AFPC/DPSOR Retirements and Separations Branch to get clarification on 11M eligibility for VSP. Per PSDM 13-65 (amended 5 Feb 14), undergraduate pilot training and advanced pilot training ADSCs are not being waived. AFPC confirmed that this is currently true and any VSP packages submitted by pilots with a flying ADSC will be disapproved."

Such bs, why even let me apply? You already sent me to uavs you clowns.