FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

When you read the message on that link it specifically says enlisted Separations Office. So not sure if we (the officers) are possibly experiencing the same email problems. It's hard to say since we get zero information flow already.

Edited by FlyFox

Hey great news - there's a new Pulse out for 16 May and .....

Still 380 officers approved

Still 2400 enlisted approved

Still processing

The ONLY change is that the number of ineligible apps went from "over 3000" to "over 2800"

. . . . . .

These updates sure are great.

When you read the message on that link it specifically says enlisted Separations Office. So not sure if we (the officers) are possibly experiencing the same email problems. It's hard to say since we get zero information flow already.

I called TFSC. It's not for any VSP program. It's just for normal DOS-type enlisted separations. Allegedly, we will "probably" get notified by COB today or Tuesday at the latest. Who knows.

Edited by crwfshkid

I called TFSC. It's not for any VSP program. It's just for normal DOS-type enlisted separations. Allegedly, we will "probably" get notified by COB today or Tuesday at the latest. Who know.

Haha, I love TFSC...I'm pretty sure they just pay a bunch of poor GS-05s to sit in a room and tell them to guess at the answers of pissed off callers.

You will "probably" hear today or Tuesday...but I mean any Tuesday... from now to the end of the year.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

I called TFSC. It's not for any VSP program. It's just for normal DOS-type enlisted separations. Allegedly, we will "probably" get notified by COB today or Tuesday at the latest. Who knows.

What happens on Monday - are they at another BBQ cook-off?

For what it's worth: my branch chief (no sq cc here in shoe-clerk land) called the officer separations branch chief yesterday afternoon and was told they were actively processing all the VSP apps yesterday and finishing up today. He said we could be notified as early as this afternoon but NLT Wednesday next week. I guess they are doing the notification process by AFSC/year-group hence the reason notifications stretch out over a few days.

For what it's worth: my branch chief (no sq cc here in shoe-clerk land) called the officer separations branch chief yesterday afternoon and was told they were actively processing all the VSP apps yesterday and finishing up today. He said we could be notified as early as this afternoon but NLT Wednesday next week. I guess they are doing the notification process by AFSC/year-group hence the reason notifications stretch out over a few days.

I hope you're correct. I just called the TFSC, mainly for own twisted entertainment. Here's a brief synopsis of the conversation.

My question: What's the status of my VSP app? The AFPC website said mid-May in one place and within 10 days of May 1st in another place. No matter if you look at as 10 business days or calendar days, that time has expired.

(puts me on hold to look at my application status)

TFSC Rep: I took a look at your application and it says it still processing right now. We don't when they're going to process it. It might be delayed for another week or two. I think there's going to be new guidance coming out possibly delaying the processing further.

Me: What?

TFSC Rep: Well sir, there's so many rumors and PDSMs floating around now and I can't tell you anything for certain.

Me: Well, I'm also subject to the RIF in Oct and the new VSP window open next Thursday and I wouldn't be able to apply in the new VSP window because AFPC hasn't processed my first application. That would be unfair. So, there will be a new PDSM?

TFSC Rep: No, no. They'll just release an amended one updating the guidance.

Me: Ok. Air Force members call the TFSC to get help. We should be able to get reliable information here. Ok, right now, what can you tell me that's fact, something concrete that I can tell my family?

TFSC Rep: Well, sir. Unfortunately, nothing right now.

Me: Ok, thank you for your time.

We've reach full retard on this process long ago. I just reread this exchange before I'm about to post it and I'm laughing hysterically. But this shit is not funny

Also received this email after my phone call. Here's the official response from the email...

"Thank you for contacting myPers - Total Force Service Center.

All remaining VSP applications will be adjudicated after 1 May 14 to include those inspected by waiver authorities. AFPC intends to inform members of approval status not later than mid May."

Enjoy!

Edited by Lumbergh
  • Upvote 1

They have the pool of applications. The pool of applications will not be changing - the window closed on 1 MAY. Why would they want to be changing the rules again? This does a disservice to not only the service member and their family but to their respective offices and mission as well - what boss would be assigning meaningful long-term work considering I may or may not be leaving in a month or so?

I hope you're correct. I just called the TFSC, mainly for own twisted entertainment. Here's a brief synopsis of the conversation.

My question: What's the status of my VSP app? The AFPC website said mid-May in one place and within 10 days of May 1st in another place. No matter if you look at as 10 business days or calendar days, that time has expired.

(puts me on hold to look at my application status)

TFSC Rep: I took a look at your application and it says it still processing right now. We don't when they're going to process it. It might be delayed for another week or two. I think there's going to be new guidance coming out possibly delaying the processing further.

Me: What?

TFSC Rep: Well sir, there's so many rumors and PDSMs floating around now and I can't tell you anything for certain.

Me: Well, I'm also subject to the RIF in Oct and the new VSP window open next Thursday and I wouldn't be able to apply in the new VSP window because AFPC hasn't processed my first application. That would be unfair. So, there will be a new PDSM?

TFSC Rep: No, no. They'll just release an amended one updating the guidance.

Me: Ok. Air Force members call the TFSC to get help. We should be able to get reliable information here. Ok, right now, what can you tell me that's fact, something concrete that I can tell my family?

TFSC Rep: Well, sir. Unfortunately, nothing right now.

Me: Ok, thank you for your time.

We've reach full retard on this process long ago. I just reread this exchange before I'm about to post it and I'm laughing hysterically. But this shit is not funny

Also received this email after my phone call. Here's the official response from the email...

"Thank you for contacting myPers - Total Force Service Center.

All remaining VSP applications will be adjudicated after 1 May 14 to include those inspected by waiver authorities. AFPC intends to inform members of approval status not later than mid May."

Enjoy!

I bet if you called back you would get an entirely different answer

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Lumbergh, thank you for providing me with some documentation to give my US representative later today. Enough is enough folks. It is time for afpc to answer to the taxpayers. How many lives have to be hung in the balance while afpc sweeps this crap under the rug? You all know we deserve better.

They have the pool of applications. The pool of applications will not be changing - the window closed on 1 MAY. Why would they want to be changing the rules again? This does a disservice to not only the service member and their family but to their respective offices and mission as well - what boss would be assigning meaningful long-term work considering I may or may not be leaving in a month or so?

and why they do really even need a second round...afpc ultimately can change the separation date to 1 Oct instead of 30 Sep...and bam...the fy14 rif just became the fy15 rif without another round of bs having to occur

Gents, this just in via email from my squadron commander:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 10:42 AM

To: Commanders

Subject: (FOUO) Final decisions on remaining VSP apps

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

Leaders,

AFPC has again pushed the release date for the final batch of VSP decisions

to the right. They are now looking at late next week for CMS messages to go

out applicants and their commanders.

I appreciate your continued patience with this process.

v/r,

JOHN DOE, Lt Col, USAF

Commander

Edited by airline_guy

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

Leaders,

v/r,

JOHN DOE, Lt Col, USAF

Commander

Surprised? No. Disappointed? Yes. This clown show is beyond rediculous.

FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY

Leaders,

v/r,

this

JOHN DOE, Lt Col, USAF

Commander

If true, UFB! Not surprised, but UFB. So, when it gets pushed again next week, then what? Whoever is in charge of this clusterfvck needs to be held accountable. It's time to name the names in charge of this catastrophe. Someone needs to get fired. Immediately. There needs to be a face to this prolonged, epic #2 sandwich...Chief of Separations, AFPC/CC, somebody.

And what's at the end of next week? Memorial Day weekend. Afpc will for shizzle push it off to the week after. Here's to another 7 days of anxiety!!!

Don't worry, you can apply for round 2 of VSP that opens next Thursday. Oh wait...

TFSC hold music is pretty awesome at least...

Now after just getting off the phone with them, my understanding from TFSC is that for the officers, there's a hangup at Air Staff, and no timeline.

Take that for what it's worth - it may not be worth much.

Edited by tc994a

TFSC hold music is pretty awesome at least...

Now after just getting off the phone with them, my understanding from TFSC is that for the officers, there's a hangup at Air Staff, and no timeline.

Take that for what it's worth - it may not be worth much.

The most appropriate song would be Hotel California

But I thought the CSAF wanted this to be as fair as possible. Considering they already processed their first batch, approving 380 officers without blinking an eye at the who/where aspect, that wouldn't be "fair" to the rest of us VSPers now would it?