Drops at Corpus

Guest emilyjoyau

Guest colorado

The drop for the class that winged 31 May (my class)

U-28 Hurlburt

C-130J Ramstein

MC-130W Cannon

C-130 Pope

C-130 Dyess

The class that wings next week had another J to Ramstein, so that makes 2 drops in a row with the J model. I haven't seen an NSA in a while, but there was a U-28 in the drop before mine.

Edited by colorado

Guest egovolo
The drop for the class that winged 31 May (my class)

U-28 Hurlburt

C-130J Cannon

MC-130W Cannon

C-130 Pope

C-130 Dyess

The class that wings next week had another J to Ramstein, so that makes 2 drops in a row with the J model. I haven't seen an NSA in a while, but there was a U-28 in the drop before mine.

You sure about the J to Cannon?

Guest joedirt
You sure about the J to Cannon?

Typo.

Yes, they are still dropping Pope.

The drop for the class winging on 6 Jun:

C-130J to Ramstein

2 C-130s to Yokota

AC-130 to Hurlburt

C-130 to Pope

2 C-130s to Dyess

Yes, they are still dropping Pope.

Thats right B'aches POPE is back.... Brac a base and what do you get......... Same base but bigger...sort of.

The AD unit (2nd) is now just like the 30th up in WY...so I guess pope is a good deal now...

Before anyone says are you sure...??? Yes I'm sure I've got a bud -- NAV WO going very soon

Edited by jrobe

Guest chaffman
Not sure if it is still the case, but some basic Navs were being assigned to the 53d and 62d for a while. They would fly on missions that didn't have a student and therefore, no IN required either. This helped free-up INs for other duties.

The 53rd is now an ops squadron, I closed it down in Dec as a trng sq. The 62 currently doesn't have any loaner basic navs. I just got out and the 62 was my last sq. The Rock is getting real big, so if you want to go to LR, should be very easy with 4 ops squadrons, 2 x E, 1 x H3, 1 x J and if you like it you can slide down the street to the 48th or 62nd. The 463d is about to stand up as a wing there and will also coexist with the 314 as a sister wing, which will just be plain wierd. When you hit the flightline after the sim phase, here's a little secret, the student scheduler has a sniv log that you can leave some beer under his desk and ask for a day off for that wedding you need to get to. :beer:

Thats right B'aches POPE is back.... Brac a base and what do you get......... Same base but bigger...sort of.

The AD unit (2nd) is now just like the 30th up in WY...so I guess pope is a good deal now...

Before anyone says are you sure...??? Yes I'm sure I've got a bud -- NAV WO going very soon

Pope will always be Fayetnam. Nothing but pawn shops and strip clubs(the later not being an entirely bad thing). At Pope you will always be a slave to the Army. I had no problem cancelling a msn due to a long ETIC at LR, my buds at Pope would hang out through their whole crew day waiting on MX because the Amry needs jump pay.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Todays drop for 08-24 that wings next friday:

C-130Js Ramstein x 2

MC-130H Hurlbert

C-130 Yokota x 2

C-130 Little Rock x 2

C-130 Pope

C-130 Dyess x 2

AC-130U Cannon

Was there a Salotti in the class?

Edited by The Kayla

• 1 month later...
08-29 winging on 26 Sep

U-28 Hurlburt

MC-130P Eglin

NSA Cannon

EC-130 DM

C-130J Ramstein

C-130 Dyess

C-130 Cheyenne

C-130 Little Rock

C-130 Yokota

Can you say holding out till the end of the fiscal year?

• 1 year later...
Guest Flyin'Js

Old thread revival...

1026 Drop

(1) C-130J - Ramstein

(1) C-130J - Little Rock

(2) C-130J - Dyess

(1) EC-130 - Davis-Monthan

• Upvote 1

Old thread revival...

1026 Drop

(1) C-130J - Ramstein

(1) C-130J - Little Rock

(2) C-130J - Dyess

(1) EC-130 - Davis-Monthan

And so the J-ness begins...

...question is what is the bed-down plan from here onwards. Will the 62nd takeover for the 48th? Who will get them after Dyess AFB? Will partner nations still inject their orders into the line-up?

Anyone know if there is even a plan or is it seat-of-the-pants?