SUPT ops going forward...specifically to IP's

jetip

So any more word on the whats going to become of IFS/UPT/MWS schoolhouses?

I think what they are referring to when they talk about 'Advanced' training is WIC, PIT, etc type stuff. I'm sure someone can raise a bullshit flag or confirm this, but I've heard dudes/chicks headed to PIT only have orders cut to March 27th.

Everything I've heard from any leadership makes it sound like the pipleine to the MWS (UPT, IFF, RTU) is protected. But we all know how things change...

What the Initial qual then?

Not sure I'm tracking with what you're asking. Everyone should be funded up until the finish their RTU for their MWS. Anything after that is considered 'advanced'. That's drift I'm getting from conversation around the squadron.

well that's better news, I'm still wondering how UPT and certain MWS schoolhouses are going to not be effected with how heavily they rely on civilian contracts, if the delay extends beyond the window they have already talked about the 22 days they'll layoff civilians.

Edited by Scaredfuzz21

well that's better news, I'm still wondering how UPT and certain MWS schoolhouses are going to not be effected with how heavily they rely on civilian contracts, if the delay extends beyond the window they have already talked about the 22 days they'll layoff civilians.

It's for civilians (GS spots), not civilian contractors. They are good until whenever it is their contract runs out. If they don't get paid, L-3, etc sue the government (And win) for breach of contract.

It's for civilians (GS spots), not civilian contractors. They are good until whenever it is their contract runs out. If they don't get paid, L-3, etc sue the government (And win) for breach of contract.

That makes sense, I was going off of the CSAF statements to the Armed Services Committee:

"For example, at Laughlin AFB, Texas, the Air Force’s largest pilot producer in FY122, civilian Airmen comprise the entire maintenance and simulator instructor workforce. A twenty percent reduction in that base’s ability to maintain jets and train student pilots will slow vital pilot production, an issue that always requires careful management."

"The Air Force pilot training pipeline is particularly sensitive to these types of disruptions. On April 1, 2013, Air Education and Training Command will curtail advanced flight training courses, freeing up resources necessary to protect initial qualification flight training. Despite those actions, initial qualification flight training may also stand down in early September 2013, or perhaps earlier depending upon the impact of civilian Airmen furloughs."

I don't know what the civilian structure at Laughlin is, at Vance the maintinence was CSC and the sim IPs were GS.

Edited by Scaredfuzz21

Might be wrong but I am pretty sure that some 11F3J (F-22) types get ACSC in residence credit if they're selected for school with the actual in-residence part waived. I think this is due their manning levels.

I looked into it, it's not just F-22 dudes, if your B course was accredited, you can get masters credits. There is an official AF website you can look up your class on to see, I'll try to remember it from work and post it. There were a lot of courses on there.

That makes sense, I was going off of the CSAF statements to the Armed Services Committee:

"For example, at Laughlin AFB, Texas, the Air Force’s largest pilot producer in FY122, civilian Airmen comprise the entire maintenance and simulator instructor workforce. A twenty percent reduction in that base’s ability to maintain jets and train student pilots will slow vital pilot production, an issue that always requires careful management."

"The Air Force pilot training pipeline is particularly sensitive to these types of disruptions. On April 1, 2013, Air Education and Training Command will curtail advanced flight training courses, freeing up resources necessary to protect initial qualification flight training. Despite those actions, initial qualification flight training may also stand down in early September 2013, or perhaps earlier depending upon the impact of civilian Airmen furloughs."

I don't know what the civilian structure at Laughlin is, at Vance the maintinence was CSC and the sim IPs were GS.

The bigger concern is with maintenance. Some sims can be covered/augmented with AD military (IPs).

The bigger concern is with maintenance. Some sims can be covered/augmented with AD military (IPs).

Checks. MX at all UPT bases and PIT are all civilian. There is no uniformed backfill, you can't just roll in uniformed dudes to fill the role-- there are no trained maintainers for the T jets AFIK.

Checks. MX at all UPT bases and PIT are all civilian. There is no uniformed backfill, you can't just roll in uniformed dudes to fill the role-- there are no trained maintainers for the T jets AFIK.

Yeah so that brings me back around to the "word on the street" saying that the UPT pipeline will be protected...somethings just not adding up...

• Upvote 1

Supposed to start PIT on 30 JUL. We'll see how this goes. My prediction is that there will be some agreement reached 3.4 second before 1 MAR hits. Based on what all the service chiefs have said, there is no way that we can be a formidable force if there is no money for training/flying hours. We would be phuked.