Glider pilot arrested for encroaching on an unmarked nuke power plant

drewpey

Nice, the corrupt local law enforcement recognized that they had illegally detained somebody so they used the trumped up charges as blackmail to protect themselves.

Fleming waited outside the courtroom Aug. 21 as his case went before the judge. When his attorney returned and said the case would be dismissed if he agreed not to take any legal action against Darlington County law enforcement, he said, he reluctantly agreed.
  • Upvote 1

Glad he had an FDR to prove he was almost 1000ft about the dome when they claimed he was only 100.

We had a U-2 pilot who was arrested for paragliding over some state park, and violating some rule. I don't remember the details, as my memory is failing due to my extreme age. (Ram?... Ensure already???)

Bottom line: he took it to trial, and the lawyer grilled the park ranger on her training in recognizing the altitude of aircraft over the park.

Case dismissed.

Edited by Huggyu2

Let's remember the Sheriff is elected. What a wonderful coup for him, if he could bust some terrorists. Look at one of the charges, 'causing the disturbance throughout the community.' Yeah, all of the police sirens and flashing lights on the way to the airport. Very sad that some clown got all excited, and look what it cost.

This is of course, priceless:

"When his attorney returned and said the case would be dismissed if he agreed not to take any legal action against Darlington County law enforcement..."

FM