F-15C Sniper pods?

di1630

Im sure you would. Then give your jets to the guard and get them to use their money to buy the pods.

Turns out that's what we did.

I didn't write goodly...

I know the original article was about ANG money buying pods...my statement was a more generic one about me wishing big blue would get the pods to the guys dropping bombs first...I know, different pots of money.

Wasn't trying to imply that the ANG should pay for the F-15E pods.

Last time I checked, there are no Strike Eagles in the Guard.

Cheers,

Cap-10

LANTIRN? Those still exist?

Yup..had one on my fini flight 6 months ago.

(Note: No fire trucks were used during the taxi/shutdown portion of the fine flight).

Cheers,

Cap-10

A simple source in response to an extremely simple question would have been sufficient. A road too far on an internet forum.

To quote our Danny Noonin: "noted"

The funny thing about SA is that you don't know when you don't have it.

Weird.

Unfortunately, yes. That'a all we have at Luke, and like someone mentioned earlier, I flew a Libya sortie with one last year.

While I flew CT at home station with Sniper...that's fucked up! I would have gladly given up some training to make sure you guys had something better than LANTIRN.

Edited by SocialD

C-models strafed (and successfully blew shit up) in WW-Storm. It was a pick up game but it happened. There are lots of good reasons to get serious about strafing in the Mighty Mighty. But anything to do with slow moving aircraft (did you really say that?) is not even remotely why.

I know there are tons of reasons we started strafe, I was working wing weapons in '04 when we started pushing it at LN. It's a good thing for our jets and our basic skillset. I was trying to avoid saying "yeah dude, we are all strafe qual'd now. It's awesome , fun and easy!" I often look like a jackass but when I do, I try not to do it on a public forum message board. Strafe isn't easy and we aren't setup for it very well, however if I ever got the chance to throw some 20mm at dudes on the ground, you bet your ass I'm in hot.

And yes, anything to do with slow moving aircraft is DEFINITELY a reason. How would I know that you ask? Because it's in the rap tasking message, our doc statement (guard) and is a discussion at every NORAD WEBTAC. We are trying to get serious about strafe but when we get the pods it will change a lot of the basics (for the better I think).

Strafe isn't easy and we aren't setup for it very well, however if I ever got the chance to throw some 20mm at dudes on the ground, you bet your ass I'm in hot.

Awesome.

Classic "just because you can...doesn't mean you should" scenario here.

Don't we have enough platforms playing CAS these days?

Can't comment on the air-to-air effectiveness, however....

It's very effective for a/a. Very.

That's what we need, more worthless metal in the air clogging up the stack.

Does anyone really think that light grey guys would be present and so under employed they'd be able to enter a stack? If they're there, it's for a reason and strafe is a contingency. NOT saying they shouldn't train to it at least a little and have a passing familiarity but primary attack players isn't even remotely on the list of reasons they should practice strafe.

No sarcasm from me, I was serious. You're right, F-15C strafe and targeting pods are two separate topics.

Not exactly.

Sniper brings several capes to the fight that are VERY applicable for strafe.

However...CAS isn't the only mission/skill set that targeting pods can be used with (NO FREAKING WAY, RIGHT???), which is why they'll be a good addition to the Eagle.

Here's another brain buster for the guys here that have safety-wired their mission switches to the COIN position: One's ATO does not need to say "CAS" in order to shoot bullets at the ground. Crazy, right?

Here's another brain buster for the guys here that have safety-wired their mission switches to the COIN position: One's ATO does not need to say "CAS" in order to shoot bullets at the ground. Crazy, right?

So we're going to start doing AI with 20 mm strafe? :thumbsup:

Someone please enlighten us "retards"... in what scenario, other than CAS, would necessitate an Eagle shooting bullets at the ground?

Granted, this question doesn't really contribute to the whole "SNIPER on F-15C" convo, still.....

Edited by JTAC