Drone pilot finds “river of blood” outside Dallas meatpacking plant

ClearedHot

That is not blood.

First, it is obvious that this plant has no kill floor so there is no blood to create a "river of blood."

Second, meatpackers that do have a kill floor do not dispose of the blood. They process it and sell it. The blood is money.

Some of you guys need to become interested in the outdoors. Anyone who has fished a river has seen this kind of thing where a stream enters a river, especially a clouded river like this one.

If I was Columbia Packing I would come after Yahoo for posting this bullshit.

Damn, thwarted again. Maybe there's a lot of iron in the soil? If it's not blood, what else could tint the water red?

That is not blood.

First, it is obvious that this plant has no kill floor so there is no blood to create a "river of blood."

Second, meatpackers that do have a kill floor do not dispose of the blood. They process it and sell it. The blood is money.

Some of you guys need to become interested in the outdoors. Anyone who has fished a river has seen this kind of thing where a stream enters a river, especially a clouded river like this one.

Then whats your verdict, Walt?

That is not blood.

I don't think Columbia is going to sue anyone...

1. This is not a story that just popped up, it looks like an investigation has been ongoing for at least two months complete with a search warrant that found an unauthorized secondary drainage pipe from the slaughterhouse floor.

2. The Slaughterhouse comment does seem to imply there was a kill floor.

3. The investigation also found evidence of pig blood in the river.

I am sure there is more to the story, but thus far i don;t see a hatchet job by Yahoo or Foxnews.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/25/texas-environmental-group-blasts-alleged-river-blood-flowing-from-dallas-meat/?test=latestnews

Didn't Obama just talk about how companies should not be regulated on pointless things like dealing with milk spills. I guess dealing with spilled blood is a little more serious. I know Obama was just making a joke about spilled milk but I am pretty sure if a company accidentally spilled 20,000 gallons of milk in a waterway there would be pretty serious environmental issues. I wonder how many gallons of blood is being disposed like that.

That is not blood.

For those who don't know how a slaughterhouse works, here's an educational video (no, Rainman, it isn't powerpoint...)

My favorite line:

Troy: Come on Jimmy, let's take a peek at the killing floor.

Jimmy: Ohhh!

Troy: Don't let the name throw you Jimmy...

...it's not really a floor, it's more of a steel grating that allows material to sluice through so it can be collected and exported.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bps-xbo8wnA

Edited by BQZip01

LOL. FIFY.

Actually, I asked a couple questions and have a debrief alibi:

There is, in fact, a kill floor at this facility.

I didn't recognize it right away because the place is so ancient. The hogpens are actually on the north end of the building (rusty corrugated roof).

A normal packer with a kill floor has rendering facilities to manage the blood and the rendering portion for this plant seemed inadequate for that....which is true...which is why they're dumping the excess blood through a 99 year old pipe directly into the river.

Target PID = UNSAT. Reaccomplish with dry only passes until min satisfactory level achieved on subsequent sortie. Debriefed.

Didn't Obama just talk about how companies should not be regulated on pointless things like dealing with milk spills. I guess dealing with spilled blood is a little more serious. I know Obama was just making a joke about spilled milk but I am pretty sure if a company accidentally spilled 20,000 gallons of milk in a waterway there would be pretty serious environmental issues. I wonder how many gallons of blood is being disposed like that.

There is already adequate regulation in place to address what these dumbasses are doing.

The point he was making would be to say no one can build a meatpacking plant within 50nm of a river because one time at band camp a company called Columbia Packing spilled blood into a river.

There is already adequate regulation in place to address what these dumbasses are doing.

Exactly! All to often our lawmakers want to make hay in the press and call for ever more intrusive legislation when in fact all that is needed is enforcement.

Exactly! All to often our lawmakers want to make hay in the press and call for ever more intrusive legislation when in fact all that is needed is enforcement.

Hence gun control... even though it's always been illegal to murder people.

And many other examples along the same lines...

Whoa it's getting pretty libertarian in here, I'm out before I say something crazy :beer:

Hence gun control... even though it's always been illegal to murder people.

And many other examples along the same lines...

Whoa it's getting pretty libertarian in here, I'm out before I say something crazy :beer:

Hey reckless driving was a crime long before drunk driving and cell phone usage were banned, but that didn't stop our lawmakers from passing more complicated laws...

Actually, I asked a couple questions and have a debrief alibi:

Target PID = UNSAT. Reaccomplish with dry only passes until min satisfactory level achieved on subsequent sortie. Debriefed.

Honest question: do you Tactical-Tom your conversations all the time or just on the internet?

Honest question: do you Tactical-Tom your conversations all the time or just on the internet?

Well, Douchemanlike Dan, is that really an honest question?

I try to be amusing and bust my own balls for making an incorrect statement and you need to pile on with this Buzzkill-Bob kind of question?

So, if I answer yours will you answer mine, that is if you're not too busy in R-2915B?

Well, Douchemanlike Dan, is that really an honest question?

I try to be amusing and bust my own balls for making an incorrect statement and you need to pile on with this Buzzkill-Bob kind of question?

So, if I answer yours will you answer mine, that is if you're not too busy in R-2915B?

Yes, it really is.

Took ya three shots there to get your response right, eh rainman? :beer:

No shit! Talk about a senior fucking "the internet is difficult" moment. This really isn't my thread.

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't even noticed.