Govliquidation.com Military Surplus

ClearedHot

Pentagon’s Lightning Gun Sold for Scraps on eBay

All of which would make for a funny little story, if that buyer didn’t discover that the multimillion dollar “Joint Improvised Explosive Device Neutralizers,” or JINs, were kluged together from third-rate commercial electronics, and controlled by open Wi-Fi signals. In other words, the Pentagon didn’t just overpay for a flawed weapon. On the off-chance the JIN ever worked, the insurgents could control it, too.

joller1-660x492.jpg

I think they would look great................ on a gunship target range.

When the decision was made to end the F-4 every jet that wasn't slated to become a QF-4 was stripped and hauled onto the 70 series at Nellis within a week. There were many General Officers in the block 50 mafia who absolutely wanted to make sure those F-4s never came back.

Contrary to CH's sentiment, I remember no one wanted to drop on or strafe those airplanes...not even the block 50 guys.

The F-4 had a long and proud history of serving this country and kicking ass in combat. For many years it was hard to imagine there would be a replacement, especially for the WW. Seeing those jets as targets after they had just been on the Nellis ramp a week earlier gave everyone a glimps of their own jet's mortality.

FWIW

Guest Greg G

Anyone else spend 2 hours browsing that auction site? So much cool shit on there.

uhhhh yes +1, awesome site

i wonder when these categories are used:

1810 - Space Vehicles (0)

1820 - Space Vehicle Components (0)

1830 - Space Vehicle Remote Control Systems (0)

1840 - Space Vehicle Launchers (0)

or a turboshaft engine anyone? $150 min bid

Edited by Greg G

Anyone else spend 2 hours browsing that auction site? So much cool shit on there.

At least. I'm going to buy something. Anyone done that yet?

• 4 weeks later...

That's a great idea. Trouble is, when I posted, any search resulted in a FlyingSquadron.com Internal Server Error #4913WTUQX7763.

$5 mewling fine x2 for being a moderator and mewling about why you couldn't UTSF.

Looks like you fixed it. Thanks for that, Bro.

No problem, Bro.

Anyone ever buy any M101s?