Raptors grounded over OBOGS issue

MKopack

Whistle blowers go to their commanders, IGs, or congress people.

Guys need to understand that going to the media undercuts the organization.

My understanding is the 60 minutes piece was a result of him going to Congress, hence the reason the Congressman that's an Indiana Guard pilot appeared on the interview with them.

*Thread Revival*

*SIGH* - Good luck with the DoD IG :beer:

Pilot's career stalls after criticizing oxygen system

http://www.stripes.com/pilot-s-career-stalls-after-criticizing-oxygen-system-1.279043

Color me surprised! What status was this guy? TR/AGR/Tech? He was a guard guy, right? Who even looks at their OPRs? I guess some squadrons are more political than others...

These guys were whistle blowers. While the heavies were playing politics with a jet they felt might kill them, this was their only way to bring it to light.

Rather than wait, some have just decided to leave the community after their own experiences.

Whistle blowers go to their commanders, IGs, or congress people.

Guys need to understand that going to the media undercuts the organization.

As FUZZ said, I think this was a result of going to congress. What do you think commanders and IG were going to do? We're talking about an AF that would rather piss on a pilots grave than say there is something wrong with their baby...

Neither of those dudes are heroes in the F-22 community.

Of course not...the AF prefers those who just tow the company line.

• Upvote 1

Oh great...more OPR "code words" and people trying interpret the meaning. That is precisely what is wrong with the AF today. We get a bunch of O-6s on a board trying to decide what someone really meant by the phraseology they put in an OPR because apparently we don't put what we really mean in an OPR. If the guy is a dirtbag and his career should be ended, then just say so. What ends this guy's career won't be anything to do with what he did by talking to the media, but how poorly worded (intended or not) his OPR was written. I think with all the buffoonery going on with the AF today, the media issue won't hurt the guy...if anything, it will help him.

• Upvote 2

Oh great...more OPR "code words" and people trying interpret the meaning. That is precisely what is wrong with the AF today. We get a bunch of O-6s on a board trying to decide what someone really meant by the phraseology they put in an OPR because apparently we don't put what we really mean in an OPR. If the guy is a dirtbag and his career should be ended, then just say so. What ends this guy's career won't be anything to do with what he did by talking to the media, but how poorly worded (intended or not) his OPR was written. I think with all the buffoonery going on with the AF today, the media issue won't hurt the guy...if anything, it will help him.

This will never work, you may hurt someone's feelings.

So...didn't these guys talk to the press under the guise of talking to their congressman? Where is the congressman in this current mess?

You mean the same guy that voted to cut retirement? Probably not enough political points in helping this guy after the media has moved on.

• 2 weeks later...