Combat Controller Poser exposed

ClearedHot

Guest peaceman

It's pathetic when asshole like this disgraces a uniform he once wore...AF obviously made they right choice discharging him. I actually look forward to reading the AF Times when they out this individual.

Standby on Metzger....

I read this whole thread with my face firmly planted in my palm, but when i got to this post I became instantly excited.... I remember a few months ago you said you were going to look into the matter. I hope you're finding something useful and in time we will find out what really happened.

Does anyone have an e-subscription to AF Times? To actually read the 2 stories online that are dated 14 Feb 11, one needs a username/password. If anyone can access, please post the content of the story here for the rest of us.

Think twice.

It's sad that dudes have to resort to this...I think we've all met one or two over the years.

Not quite the same caliber as SrA Douchebag, but I was having lunch yesterday and overheard an older guy a couple seats down at the bar loudly telling another guy how he served on the USS Oklahoma while stationed in Japan during the 70's. I couldn't help myself, I asked him if he was sure it was the Oklahoma - just about everyone I've met from the Navy could remember exactly what boat, err ship, they were on and when. He was adamant that it was the Oklahoma, even confirming for me the no-kidding battleship of that name, because he bragged that he'd give tours to the local girls to work his "game". He was somewhat taken aback when I mentioned that the USS Oklahoma was sunk at Pearl Harbor, raised in '43, and sank again in '47 while enroute to the scrap yard - never having returned to active service, much less Japan in the 70's. Sucks to be stupid.

Edited by Shortbus
  • Upvote 1

He's so badassed that he served as a "Combat Controller" working with "Joint Air Traffic Control in the full combat environment" and a "special dedicated crew chief".

Special Ops F-15C pilot rides again!

And he did a HALO jump from 37,000 feet! I'd be curious to find out who else has done HALO at FL370.

This guy is unbelievable. It's interesting if you watch his body language in that video.

Right when the narrator finishes saying LaTorre was a CCT his body twitches and he looks down at the ground as if he's slightly ashamed and doesn't want to look into the crowd for fear of someone knowing otherwise.

All throughout his introduction you see him looking over at the narrator as if to make sure he's reading the script right and then straight to the crowd to see the reaction. This is especially evident during his HALO story. Straight from the narrator to the crowd almost as he was a comedian looking to see how much the crowd enjoyed his little "joke".

He constantly fidgets and looks extremely uncomfortable. Contrast this with the Army soldier (Giunta) who recently got the Medal of Honor. Anytime he's exposed to publicity he stands at parade rest and maintains his military bearing.

Can't decide, but I'm pretty sure I feel this is worse than our buddy Timmy...

It's one thing to exaggerate being a pilot in the press, and then to continue to make the claims when given the chance to correct your story, and make false posts to defend your story, and...

But this guy, who actually was in the AF, who once took the Oath of Enlistment and who I believe honestly understood those values at some point, to actually parade around in a fake uniform, accept real awards, and get multiple public acknowledgments... I mean, that really grinds my gears.

I just can't figure out what would drive this guy to this and think he would get away with it. How did he become so jaded with the AF (any idea what his general discharge was a result of?), or did he feel like he was a disappointment to his family and just got caught in too deep in a web of lies, or was it so dirtball as the guy mentioned above in this thread about using the USS Oklahoma story to work on his game?

Guest hawkerdude

Not quite the same caliber as SrA Douchebag, but I was having lunch yesterday and overheard an older guy a couple seats down at the bar loudly telling another guy how he served on the USS Oklahoma while stationed in Japan during the 70's. I couldn't help myself, I asked him if he was sure it was the Oklahoma - just about everyone I've met from the Navy could remember exactly what boat, err ship, they were on and when. He was adamant that it was the Oklahoma, even confirming for me the no-kidding battleship of that name, because he bragged that he'd give tours to the local girls to work his "game". He was somewhat taken aback when I mentioned that the USS Oklahoma was sunk at Pearl Harbor, raised in '43, and sank again in '47 while enroute to the scrap yard - never having returned to active service, much less Japan in the 70's. Sucks to be stupid.

Classic! Good catch.

Guest Alarm Red

Is it possible he was referring to the USS Oklahoma City? It was in Japan for all of the '70s. Not a battleship, but I'll try to give someone the benefit of the doubt before calling them out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 13

Is it possible he was referring to the USS Oklahoma City? It was in Japan for all of the '70s. Not a battleship, but I'll try to give someone the benefit of the doubt before calling them out.

Hey, thanks for the same courtesy, benefit of the doubt that is.

FYI, I did - first I asked him if he was sure it was the USS Oklahoma, then I asked him what kind of ship it was and he said battleship, then I asked him if it were possible that he might be mistaken about the name. He was positive he was on the USS Oklahoma, battleship. I can remember the exact dates of all of my assignments, to include deployments (well to the month/year anyway). Every navy person I've ever talked to that has served on a ship can do the same, especially the name and type of the boat - crap it's stenciled on everything they see.

So, no, I didn't stand on my bar stool an scream at him that he was a liar. I hope that helps settles your sensibilities and thanks for being so conscientious.

Edited by Shortbus
  • Upvote 1

Can't decide, but I'm pretty sure I feel this is worse than our buddy Timmy...

Oh I definitely think this guy is worse than Timmy. Timmy was a mega-douche, and told a lot of lies, but I don't remember seeing pictures of Timmy wearing Air Force service dress with pilot wings, and accepting awards for his military accomplishments.

Ol' Amn LaTorre on the other hand is using/used actual Air Force rank, insignia, badges, and medals that he did not earn to further his own interests and to take advantage of the respect that is rightfully given to those that earn it.

Then again, when comparing worthless douche bags, it's all semantics really.