Military Drill Team

HuggyU2

TIB is better.

I considered a pre-emptive strike in my post to mitigate a post like this. Little did I figure it would be that quick.

Nicely done.

For those of you in the UK, get up to Edinburgh in Sept for the Edinburgh Tattoo: http://www.edintattoo.co.uk/

You should not miss this. My wife even loved it.

Guest Flyinrock

OUTSTANDING- SIMPLY OUT######INGSTANDING. The USMC Silent Drill Team could stand some instruction from these guys. And that praise is from a former USMC Drill Instructor who is not easily impressed.

1. Outstanding performance. Well done. I particularly liked the mix of rifles, brass band, & trumpeter bugle choir. Excellent dynamics and clear musical ability. Again I'm VERY impressed.

2. Not THE best I've seen as far as military band and/or rifle performance goes, BUT was pretty dammed good considering all they had to go by was peripheral vision. There were a few spots in there where the lines started to waver (sometimes by as much as 3-6 feet). The countermarch by the band seemed a little lackadaisical and could have used a little more power.

3. Better than USMC's silent drill team, I don't think so. It is FAR more difficult to march and stay in step with almost no sound at all than with clicking heels or a drum beat. That said, they were COMPLETELY in rhythm and did an excellent job not rushing things.

4. These guys<USMC's silent drill team<FDT

5. These guys<<<Fightin' Texas Aggie Band

I offer the following video links as evidence (judge for yourself):

(note the drum major standing in the middle of the entire maneuver)

(group of all-freshman A&M cadets [new personnel each year] that has won the national championship 6 years in a row)

[yes, I know I've been drinking the maroon kool aid, but I also think these guys are better...and the maroon stuff tastes much better than the USAF blue kool aide]

(group of all-freshman A&M cadets [new personnel each year] that has won the national championship 6 years in a row)

When I was at UT, we beat the fish drill team. But, yes, they generally do pretty well. We would not have beat the team shown on your link, though.

Back then, North Georgia College was impressive.

Edited by Huggyu2

Also, another fun fact about the Aggie Band..we don't wear gay capes with cowboy hats...unlike some other schools in Texas.

You must not be from The Holy Land (aka The Great State of Texas), son: anyone that finds it odd to be wearing cowboy hats should move back north.

Gig 'em,... whatever that means.

Important safety tip...never, ever (as I saw a young LT do) ask the 0-6 while in his office and pointing at his Citadel Shako (military headdress)--"Sir, didn't know you where a Drum Major, Cool!"

Low, Low, Low SA.

OL Patch

You must not be from The Holy Land (aka The Great State of Texas), son: anyone that finds it odd to be wearing cowboy hats should move back north.Gig 'em,... whatever that means.

After re-possessing a Longhorn Band "cowboy" hat for display in my unit's barracks years ago, I can tell you, sir, that those hats look like they'd go fine in Boy George's cowboy hat collection.

A real Texan wouldn't be caught within 69 feet of somebody wearing one of those "cowboy" hats.

1. Outstanding performance. Well done. I particularly liked the mix of rifles, brass band, & trumpeter bugle choir. Excellent dynamics and clear musical ability. Again I'm VERY impressed.

2. Not THE best I've seen as far as military band and/or rifle performance goes, BUT was pretty dammed good considering all they had to go by was peripheral vision. There were a few spots in there where the lines started to waver (sometimes by as much as 3-6 feet). The countermarch by the band seemed a little lackadaisical and could have used a little more power.

3. Better than USMC's silent drill team, I don't think so. It is FAR more difficult to march and stay in step with almost no sound at all than with clicking heels or a drum beat. That said, they were COMPLETELY in rhythm and did an excellent job not rushing things.

[yes, I know I've been drinking the maroon kool aid, but I also think these guys are better...and the maroon stuff tastes much better than the USAF blue kool aide]

...to be talking about drill team!

The countermarch by the band seemed a little lackadaisical and could have used a little more power.

T-shirt #2.

:beer:

Important safety tip...never, ever (as I saw a young LT do) ask the 0-6 while in his office and pointing at his Citadel Shako (military headdress)--"Sir, didn't know you where a Drum Major, Cool!"

Low, Low, Low SA.

ALWAYS know your surroundings...especially if they are important...

FAILURE-2.gif

Please submit in ppt format. Thank you.

Rainman, just for you. Here you go

After re-possessing a Longhorn Band "cowboy" hat for display in my unit's barracks years ago, I can tell you, sir, that those hats look like they'd go fine in Boy George's cowboy hat collection.

A real Texan wouldn't be caught within 69 feet of somebody wearing one of those "cowboy" hats.

2...and a real Texan certainly wouldn't have a string holding it on and wearing fringe with it...

92945301.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D06E25B633B5932C35ABCE3479343FD108707356C8AC623CD3E30A760B0D811297

Geek.

• 2 months later...