Mexican aerial drone crashes in backyard of El Paso home

ClearedHot

EL PASO (AP) — An unmanned drone belonging to the Mexican government crash landed Tuesday in El Paso's Lower Valley, officials confirmed today.

"I was told that it crashed in somebody's back yard, and that no one was injured. I was paged at 6:28 p.m. on Tuesday, so it happened shortly before that. We were told it was not a police matter," said Detective Mike Baranyay, a spokesman for the El Paso Police Department.

The crash occurred at Yarbrough and Loop 375.

Police said the U.S. Border Patrol seized the aircraft, which was to be transported back to one of the international bridges so that Mexican officials could recover the drone.

ldjxse-ldjx8ymexicanunmanneddrongell.jpg

Edited by ClearedHot

U.S. Border Patrol seized the aircraft, which was to be transported back to one of the international bridges so that Mexican officials could recover the drone.

Ironic... We won't let the Mexican gov't officials into the country to get it,... they have to wait at the bridge, but we allow every other Mexican national to cross the border, stay, and go to college with US grants/funds.

• Upvote 3

EL PASO (AP) — An unmanned drone belonging to the Mexican government crash landed Tuesday in El Paso's Lower Valley, officials confirmed today.

"I was told that it crashed in somebody's back yard, and that no one was injured. I was paged at 6:28 p.m. on Tuesday, so it happened shortly before that. We were told it was not a police matter," said Detective Mike Baranyay, a spokesman for the El Paso Police Department.

The crash occurred at Yarbrough and Loop 375.

Police said the U.S. Border Patrol seized the aircraft, which was to be transported back to one of the international bridges so that Mexican officials could recover the drone.

ldjxse-ldjx8ymexicanunmanneddrongell.jpg

PhoenixLights1997model.jpg

So it's really been Mexico all this time...

They gave it back? If it crashed in my backyard in the morning, it would be hanging from the ceiling in the den by lunchtime...

Just think of the poor Mexican AF pilot, stuck in a container watching you from your ceiling as you eat popcorn surf Baseops. Its liable to cause an international incident unless you remove the 2 D cell batteries.

Just think of the poor Mexican AF pilot, stuck in a container watching you from your ceiling as you eat popcorn surf Baseops. Its liable to cause an international incident unless you remove the 2 D cell batteries.

It was actually a mobile command unit operating on the US side...

upinsmoke.jpg

• 2 weeks later...