Four Loko

Skitzo

which is a reason it's not a bourbon. i'll stick with my maker's, thank you. :beer:

Maker's Ambassador #275603, Barrel #790590.

In a pinch I find Evan Williams Single Barrel to be extremely good. I also think Basil Hayden's is top notch. And if you're going to drink Tennessee Whisky I like George Dickel.

Anyone try Maker's 46 yet? Looks promising! But - my go to favorite is plain ol' nectar of the Gods Maker's Mark - I am an ambassador after all!

e

In a pinch I find Evan Williams Single Barrel to be extremely good. I also think Basil Hayden's is top notch. And if you're going to drink Tennessee Whisky I like George Dickel.

Anyone try Maker's 46 yet? Looks promising! But - my go to favorite is plain ol' nectar of the Gods Maker's Mark - I am an ambassador after all!

e

46 got some good reviews but the vanilla does not appeal to me.

Third result on a Google search for "Peter Jake's Private Keep:"

2020 Wines

What do I win?

p.s. Agree that KY is the only source for quality Bourbon...

Thought I posted this previously, but maybe I had too much bourbon at that point...

My fault for not specifying, I am looking for a local source, or reasonably local, or for the point of origin. I will be making a trip to the Maker's Distillery in the near future to pick up a few bottles from my barrel. There seems to be a bit of a mystery as to who makes the Private Keep. Most of the Bourbon forums think it is being produced under a "penn name".

If you really want a prize, find the Cognac named in the picture below. I am not a Cognac fan...or was not until I tried this with over lunch with one of the Deputies of the FSB in Moscow last year... a story for another time...but it was excellent. As I recall it was named for an old Armenian prince?

Congac.jpg

CH, I'm assuming you know what the note actually says . . . I'm having trouble reading his handwriting. It looks to me like "Я хочу купить бутелку Армянский коняк "Мой Дагестан," пожалуста" meaning "I would like to buy a bottle of the Armenian cognac 'My Dagestan,' please." Am I right?

CH, I'm assuming you know what the note actually says . . . I'm having trouble reading his handwriting. It looks to me like "Я хочу купить бутелку Армянский коняк "Мой Дагестан," пожалуста" meaning "I would like to buy a bottle of the Armenian cognac 'My Dagestan,' please." Am I right?

Yup...at least that is told me what is was going to say.

The bottle does not look like the one in this picture, but the prince's photo is the same.

kkz-01.jpg

Edited by ClearedHot

e

My new find is Eagle Rare. Single barrel, aged 10 yrs, smooth like Maker's. And it's a steal at $27.

• Upvote 1