Anyone know someone doing the Iraqi T-6 IP 365s ?

Guest Hueypilot812

I know of one dude that's doing it...former UPT classmate. From the little bit I've talked to him, he's having a pretty decent time. My 365 was with the C-130 squadron, but as far as deployments went, it wasn't bad at all except the time spent away at home. Far more interesting than a standard USAF deployment.

• 6 months later...

Bump - does anyone have any more info on this? Requirements, lifestyle, hours, etc? I found the page inside AFPC's website on the ITDY excel spreadsheet, but that's it. Same with their Cessnas - are they the 172s or the Caravans?

Edited by xaarman

Bump - does anyone have any more info on this? Requirements, lifestyle, hours, etc? I found the page inside AFPC's website on the ITDY excel spreadsheet, but that's it. Same with their Cessnas - are they the 172s or the Caravans?

Definitely they have Caravans, their new builds have come thru TIK from Wichita for a gas and go on their way to Florida for mods, can't comment on the 172's.

C-172s have diesel engines that suck, especially during the summer. A couple of guys I know said the caravans are much better. However, you most likely will fly both with Iraqi students as long as your doing the CAFTT gig up at Kirkuk. None of the guys I know that were over there were doing the combat caravan thing, so I've got no word on that.

Does anyone have any info on getting in on the armed Caravans? Seems it would be a unique experience.

We have guys in my Sq who are currently at Speicer, and who have previously done the C-172/208 gig at Kirkuk. I don't think they have any experience with the armed 208 though. PM me and I can pit you in touch w/ guys who have been there recently or are there now.

As far as I know, the armed Caravan is a purely Iraqi thing.

BTW, if you have been watching the news, the PM has said all Americans will be out of Iraq at the end of the year so ITAM's mission will end this year.

The growth industry in the Advising mission is in OEF.

Be aware ORKK is drawing down so if you put in for that gig and come this way be prepared for a lack of services and creature comforts you might normally expect. IDF take over cos/base security responsibilities tomorrow... God help us.

Be aware ORKK is drawing down so if you put in for that gig and come this way be prepared for a lack of services and creature comforts you might normally expect. IDF take over cos/base security responsibilities tomorrow... God help us.

Expect that across the board at all places where you might be an advisor. Some are happening faster than others, but by April, you can expect to see the transition from "enduring" to "expeditionary" already in full swing.