British sniper knocks off 5 Taliban in 28 seconds.

PapaJu

Guest Raptor08
:salut: Couldn't think of a better use for those 8.59mm rounds. Excellent work.

British snipers are all over the news today.

This guy only killed two Taliban. But set a sharpshooting record for distance. 8,124 feet. That's so far they wouldn't of even heard the shots.

1 1/2 mile sniper kill

Welcome to sunshine! :bash:

And if you read the above article, you will see it mentions that report...

Very impressive, sounds like he shot five bad guys with five shots at over a mile against moving targets.

I don't even think I could see a bad guy a mile and a half away...

:notworthy:

Guest Alarm Red

Welcome to sunshine! :bash:

Wow, great, because everyone references that thread before they post something new and relevant.

• Downvote 2

Wow, great, because everyone references that thread before they post something new and relevant.

Yes, they are expected to

Secondly, it was discussed in the link in the original post for this thread.

Vertigo's been around long enough to know that...

Very impressive, sounds like he shot five bad guys with five shots at over a mile against moving targets.

Not at all discounting his achievement, because at that range I couldn't hit five targets witha box of ammo...but he does say it took nine shots to dial in on the first guy. Apparently he found his range, though, because 5 in 28 seconds is not a trivial task. I can't even do that in Modern Warfare 2 against a bunch of cocky teenagers.

No kidding! I wonder how much drop there is for that round/rifle in ~5300'... Damn near indirect fire.

The story says that the longest range shot (the 1.54 mile one) would have taken 2.64 seconds.

Acceleration due to gravity (i.e., how fast the bullet falls) is constant regardless of whether it's fired at mach 10 or dropped straight down. So we can calculate how much drop there was:

1/2*(32ft/sec^2)*2.64^2 = 111 feet.

Edited by pawnman

Amazing talent those guys have.

My best friend is in the 'Stan right now and his platoon sniper nailed a guy (center mass) at 800 meters using an M14 (M21) with iron sights.

I thought I was remotely talented just qualifying expert with an M-16A2 when playing around with the Army...but damn. Those guys are magicians.

Yes, they are expected to

Secondly, it was discussed in the link in the original post for this thread.

Vertigo's been around long enough to know that...

True, but then again I didn't start a new thread did I? ;)

I thought it was relevent to this thread so I posted it. Oh well, pee pee schwacked. No biggie.