Why I only wear 15 pieces of flair

Guest Disgruntled IP

About a year ago we had a taxi mishap here during the winter and were told the next crew that has one will be flown to Scott for a personal meeting with the 18 AF/CC. Have fun studying!

I remember that... I also thought that everyone in your chain of command between you and him was going to be included as well.

Dear God:

If you should feel the need to shine the light of good fortune on me in the future and allow me the honor of command, please ensure that you instill in me some humility, approachability and credibility even when those in charge appear to lose all three. Give my troops the strength to call me out when its required. Give the squadron commanders the clarity of purpose and audacity to collect all MQFs, grade them, correct them and forward them up with a "100%" for all, a smile and middle finger to the man - to protect their troops from the stupidity rolling down from on-high. Grant them the balls to stand up for their men, not hang them out to dry.

Chuck

"You C-17 guys, buncha cowboys..." in my best Russian accent

Edited by Chuck17

Dear God:

If you should feel the need to shine the light of good fortune on me in the future and allow me the honor of command, please ensure that you instill in me some humility, approachability and credibility even when those in charge appear to lose all three. Give my troops the strength to call me out when its required. Give the squadron commanders the clarity of purpose and audacity to collect all MQFs, grade them, correct them and forward them up with a "100%" for all, a smile and middle finger to the man - to protect their troops from the stupidity rolling down from on-high. Grant them the balls to stand up for their men, not hang them out to dry.

Chuck

"You C-17 guys, buncha cowboys..." in my best Russian accent

Amen

I'm missing the connection between the title of this thread and its content. Anybody?

Never seen "Office Space", huh? What, don't you want to express yourself?

Edit for buffoonery

Edited by 08Dawg

Guest Hueypilot812

Control roster for scoring less than 100% on a damn MQF test? This Air Force has lost its mind!

"Thou shalt be perfect". Fine, Mr. Wing/CC, but it starts with you. Lead from the front, no? Good luck.

Edited by Hueypilot812

Guest Crew Report

Why I left AMC...with a smile.

I have about 70 days until I'm paroled from Another Missed Christmas.

Yeah, I still don't get it. (Taxi accident) + (100% on MQF Tests) = Office Space?

Chotchkies requires only 15 pieces of flare, so Jennifer Anniston adheres to that standard. However, she is confronted by her boss many times for only wearing the required amount, and not trying to express herself like her D Bag co-worker Bryan that wears 37 pieces of flare.

I would guess that the discontent felt by Jennifer Anniston for trying to follow the rules, and then still being confronted with bullshit expectations and compared to her D Bag co-worker is similar to the frustration felt by these pilots that have to now suffer new bullshit standards because of the other folks around them.

In response, the only thing Jennifer Anniston (and these pilots) can control is how they express themselves; which means wearing the minimum amount of flare so as not to champion bullshit.

Control roster for scoring less than 100% on a damn MQF test? This Air Force has lost its mind!

"Thou shalt be perfect". Fine, Mr. Wing/CC, but it starts with you. Lead from the front, no? Good luck.

Not lost it's mind...just traveled back in time 30 or 40 years.

Curt LeMay standard.

sac_will_be_back.JPG

Spoo,

Shut up, pack your bags, call the movers, and get your happy ass out of that 5-sided "office space".

When you arrive on the West Coast, call x8464 and tell the guy that answers that you want to be a pilot again.

You don't need to understand what 15 pieces of flair/flare means...

you need to understand Armstrong's Line... and a few other things.

Hurry up... Oshkosh is only 70 days away.

Edited by Huggyu2

Guest Hueypilot812

Not lost it's mind...just traveled back in time 30 or 40 years.

If that's the case, then let's bring back the O-Clubs and start bringing strippers back on base.

If that's the case, then let's bring back the O-Clubs and start bringing strippers back on base.

Oh, don't we wish that were true.

Unfortunately the AF only pays lip service to heritage, and even then only selectively when it conveniently fits in with the current 'warrior monk' ethos. Disgusting.

Spoo,

Shut up, pack your bags, call the movers, and get your happy ass out of that 5-sided "office space".

When you arrive on the West Coast, call x8464 and tell the guy that answers that you want to be a pilot again.

You don't need to understand what 15 pieces of flair/flare means...

you need to understand Armstrong's Line... and a few other things.

Hurry up... Oshkosh is only 70 days away.

Yes sir. Shit's packed up (STS), movers show up tomorrow - no joke. After a little R&R in the motherland, we're there.

BTW, I'm in for Oshkosh. Did I ever mention my parents live near there?