Social Networking sites (Facebook) allowed on NIPR

RangerMateo

Or that rank amongst Lt's is like virtue amongst whores.

Awesome.

Crew Report, I actually haven't seen any 2Lts saluting 1Lts at any of the non-flying bases I have been at either, so it's not just a flying thing. Being a 1Lt simply means that people don't immediately think you know absolutely noting when they see you.

It may be slightly off topic, but is still related and relevant.

However, it's hard to explain to say a non-flyer Enlisted person that they need to respect a guy that goes by and introduces himself as "Spike" instead of Capt Smith.

That's why with very few exceptions you shouldn't introduce yourself as your callsign unless you're talking to an officer. If Spike is standing next to the Wing King and an E-1 walks by and says "hey Spike", Spike only has himself to blame and I'm sure the Wing King would think the same.

• 3 years later...

Top U.S. General Warns Teens of Dangers of Social Media

The Mission Suppression Group is still going strong on FB, though.

My issue with these types of things is what is he really trying to accomplish by saying something like this?

He isn't concerned about the specific acts that disqualify someone from getting a clearance, but rather the act of posting it online.

The military needs to get over itself because they need fresh blood more than the fresh blood needs a military job.

Top U.S. General Warns Teens of Dangers of Social Media

The Mission Suppression Group is still going strong on FB, though.

Those young whippersnappers and their color television and fancy social media... When are they going to learn? I used to have to walk to school up hill, both ways, in 3 feet of snow with no shoes on damit!

Sorry General, you have zero influence over today's teens.