Captain Dances Way To Cabaret Title

B52gator

There are no words...

http://www.airforcet...dancer_092009w/

Staff report

Posted : Monday Sep 21, 2009 12:10:27 EDTBy day, Capt. John Scheuren is a research analyst and liaison officer at the Air Force Joint Test Program Office.

By night, he's one of the top amateur cabaret dancers in the world. And he's about to turn pro.

Scheuren and his partner, Georgia Ambarian, won the U.S. pro/am cabaret competition Sept. 12 in Orlando, Fla.

Later that night, the competition's judges encouraged him to take his hobby to the next level.

"Itwas cool, it was like at one 1 o' clock in the morning at the bar, myAir Force buddies were there, and the most powerful people in ballroomdancing were there," Scheuren said.

Scheuren started dancing in2006 when some "Dancing With the Stars" pros put on a charity show nearEglin Air Force Base, Fla., where Scheuren was stationed at the time.Scheuren picked up got a flier for a free dance lesson at a nearbystudio, and the rest is history.

Scheuren, whose call sign is"Tiny Dancer," said most professionals dance full- time, but he thinkshe can go pro without giving up his day job.

"I've always danced at night, in my off-duty time," he said. "Instead of watching TV, I dance."

Scheurenwasn't able to practice regularly with Ambarian leading up to thecompetition because he's based in Virginia and she lives in Florida,but he stayed in shape using an Air Force cardio-fitness routinesupplemented with CrossFit and kettlebell training.

He needed to be in shape to properly perform the high-energy lifts and throws of his three-minute cabaret routine.

"It's so physically demanding, you can't do it twice or someone would probably die," Scheuren said.

post-2294-125356066049_thumb.jpg

Scheuren, whose call sign is"Tiny Dancer," said most professionals dance full- time, but he thinkshe can go pro without giving up his day job.

That does it, the end of the world is nigh, I propose no more call signs...this guy has ruined it for everyone who actually "deserves" a call sign.

Edited by b52gator

Just two of the many questions that come to mind:

Do Air Force Captains really go on the record making such utterances as: "It was like 1 in the morning". What is he, 12-years-old?

And, what does the Air Force say about people making a living on the side? The definition of a pro is someone who does something that is their primary form of income. How's that going to go down with his analysis at the joint test centre?

And, to follow Stoleit's lead:

0427_carmen_tmz_video.jpg

"It was cool, it was like at one 1 o' clock in the morning at the bar, myAir Force buddies were there, and the most powerful people in ballroomdancing were there," Scheuren said.

I'll bet that was an epic party.

I concur with B52gator, there are no words...

"Don't ask don't tell, man. Don't ask don't tell."

Mike

Call sign?! YGBFSM...

I was at least hoping when I opened this up it was a relatively attractive female captain. Hell, I'd take an unattractive female captain. Anything to prevent what this has just become. Pardon me while I go puke.

This might go a small way toward restoring the BO hetero scale.

smoking%20hot%20girl%20with%20usaf%20fighter%20jet.jpg

female%20model%20with%20a%20usaf%20jet.jpg

Edit: Because SAC will be back.

Edited by 08Dawg

whats worse is that this is the SECOND story the af times has done on this :rainbow:

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2007/12/airforce_tinydancer_071217/

First Lt. John Scheuren is not ashamed of his call sign, “Tiny Dancer.” After all, when you go from your first dance lesson to second-best in the world in 15 months, you command respect, even in rhinestones. :rainbow::vomit:

It started when some “Dancing with the Stars” pros put on a charity show near Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., where Scheuren works as a statistician for the 28th Test and Evaluation Squadron. After the show, Scheuren got a flier for a free dance lesson at a nearby studio and took advantage of the opportunity.

He picked up moves quickly and about two months in, he said, his instructor recognized his talent.

“It’s kind of rare to have a 25-year-old guy student,” Scheuren said. “Usually people have been dancing for 10 years by [then].”

His instructor, Georgia Ambarian, would become his partner, and was already a world champion in the cabaret format, which involves lifts and throws. When the pair won a national competition in May, Ambarian told Scheuren he had a chance to take the world title, so she amped up his routine.

“It’s absolutely brutal,” Scheuren said. “It’s two hours of pain. She makes me lift her over my head for two hours straight.”

In addition to his Air Force fitness routine, Scheuren puts in one to two hours a day in the dance studio, and four hours a day leading up to competitions.

At the world championships in Ohio in November, Scheuren placed second overall in cabaret, missing first by two marks.

About the only thing that would give this guy half an ounce of cred was if this dance instructor he had was smokin', and he tapped it. Perhaps, maybe, in some wierd obscene way, that might provide an infintesimally small shread of justification. Pics are, of course, needed.

Of course, then you think about his, er, "call sign", and that instantly destroys whatever minute little scrap of respect he had, like a semi t-boning a smart car.

Edited by 08Dawg

OK, a statistician having ANY callsign is gay, but luckily, I was able to identify that by pointing at this thread with my elbow and rubbing out (STS!) the idea from my cranium. Phew. Much more hetero suddenly. Wait.....shit.

I think it's great the dude found something he's good at. He's gonna be throwing very fit and flexible chicks around in practice and getting laid from women most you will only spank your pud to by looking at the avatars on this thread. Chicks dig champions, no matter the activity. I think there is some serious envy of success in this thread.

Different does not equal gay, sucking cock or banging a dude in the ass equals gay. As long as he puts his junk in a woman where it belongs, he is fine in my book.

I know a guy who has taken the occasional dance class to meet chicks. He does well. I've even agreed to dance (which I never do, without a 6-pack, at least) in the interest of impressing some tail. Hell, I'll even make a fool of myself on the dance floor just to entertain a female friend. But dancing just for the joy of dancing is pretty gay. Doing it in competition, on TV, then doing an interview with AF Times using your fairy callsign is Conduct Unbecoming of a Male Officer.

Edited by outbreak

He's gonna be throwing very fit and flexible chicks around in practice and getting laid from women most you will only spank your pud to by looking at the avatars on this thread.

The "chicks" you're talking about have no curves and eat cigarettes for two meals a day. Yeah, real snag.

he is fine in my book

As far as this statement goes...

1zd96ps.jpg

HD