Bose ear cushion replacements

189Herk

Anyone know of a good place to get thicker cushions for my bose headset? Sick of my ears hurting at the end of a long sortie. Google found oregon aero which sells a kit for ~70 bucks but that seems like a lot. Anyone have any favorites they can reccomend?

I have used the Oregon Aero ear cups for several years on both DC and Bose headsets. I had the whole kit installed on my DC, and just the ear cups on my Bose. I think I got a better seal with the OEM cups on the Bose, but the Oregon Aero cups hold the earphones comfortably away from my ears.

I highly recommend getting at least the ear cups...well worth the money.

Oregon Aero should be paying me for this...

I have the helmet liner from OA as well...also well worth the money. Especially on a long night on NVGs.

I can spend your money all day!

Sweet makes me feel better...damn expensive though. Going to be ~260 bucks for the bose and helmet upgrades. Pulling the trigger tomorrow after my show-time so I can check my helmet size. Thanks for the help.

I've been using my Oregon Aero cushion kit for Bose for about 50 flt/hrs (C-130E) so far. I like that they keep my ears from touching the screen inside. That prevents shocking me less when sweating. I don't like that they don't seal as well when I'm wearing my sunglasses. Big framed sunglasses allow "ambient" noise to leak through. Not a problem if you have flat-wire frames though. I have somewhat flat frames.

The OEM earcups do a better jobs sealing around sunglasses, but don't keep the screen from touching your ears.

I'd recommend the OA Bose Comfort Kit, minus headpad and a good set of thin wire-framed sunglasses.

What's wrong with the headpad?

Too bulky on the Bose, and really not necessary anyway. Save yourself a few bucks.

Edit: Also, with the OA headpad there's no place left to stick the battery pack for your lip light.

Edited by TacAirCoug

Too bulky on the Bose, and really not necessary anyway. Save yourself a few bucks.

Edit: Also, with the OA headpad there's no place left to stick the battery pack for your lip light.

Yeah, what Coug said...

Looking to buy their helmet upgrades as well...anyone tried those?

I flew with OA's ZetaLiner in my helmet for 2-3 years in the Corps. Awesome. No NVG-induced hotspots. The ear cushions were awesome as well.

Alright to wrap this up...

Was about to buy the full kit for the helmet but they needed my helmet size. So I grabbed my helmet to look at lo-and behold wouldn't you know it I already have a zetaliner AND the earcups. I guess my squadron hooked me up at some point...

Funny thing is it feels better now, guess that's psychological.

Just cut 2 small slits in the back of the battery holder and slide a zip tie through them and fasten the battery holder to the side of the headset above the earcups. Works much better than velcro that doesn't stay attached to the headset in the desert heat.

I have it zip tied, but didn't like how I had to mount it with the OA headpad. I put the stock pad back on and it feels just fine.

At $100, they're pricey but I've heard worth it. Comments on them?

[brokenrecord] Worth it. [/brokenrecord] :aviator:

Edited by TacAirCoug