Happy Anniversary White Rocket!

Hacker

http://www.globenewswire.com/news.html?d=162962

The 50th anniversary of the first flight of the T-38 occurred earlier this month.

Before any of you non-fighter dudes jump on this little statistic from the article, I'll go ugly early on it:

Approximately 75,000 pilots -- including virtually every Air Force pilot since 1961 -- have been trained in the T-38.

Obviously this factoid neglects training under SUPT and everyone who has tracked to a TONE, UH-1, or T-44 since 1993.

http://www.globenewswire.com/news.html?d=162962

The 50th anniversary of the first flight of the T-38 occurred earlier this month.

Before any of you non-fighter dudes jump on this little statistic from the article, I'll go ugly early on it:

Obviously this factoid neglects training under SUPT and everyone who has tracked to a TONE, UH-1, or T-44 since 1993.

Well they did say "virtually" so that makes it ok like "no offense..but"

Well they did say "virtually" so that makes it ok like "no offense..but"

In a way, yes.

Often times, the editor/writer has only so many words, i.e., so much page space, allowed to tell the story.

"Virtually every pilot since 1961" is way shorter than trying to explain SUPT, T-1s, etc, etc, and since the vast majority of the intended audience are probably not guys who tracked T-1s, etc, since 1993, but investors or dudes who did train in the T-38 prior to 1993, well, I think it was as good a compromise as you'll find.

Guest C-21 Pilot

For those folks in the know....

Any word of a replacement jet for the T-38....or, simply continious upgrades w/ the C model, etc?

For those folks in the know....

Any word of a replacement jet for the T-38....or, simply continious upgrades w/ the C model, etc?

Yeah, they decided to buy a bunch more T-1's and train everyone in one aircraft again. A search would have yielded a non-smart-ass answer.