Combat PT

Like being deployed wasn't bad enough. Maybe we should try the same thing with the prisoners out @ Gitmo. They will be so humiliated they will have to choice but to give information about their cousins who are planting IEDs out in Iraq.

No wonder our marine brothers poke fun at us.

Guest KoolKat

1) Are these the "offical" PT shorts I'm going to have to buy? (The later pics are BETTER.)

2) Do they come with a liner that going to keep me from showing brain? (Not shy about showing it, but only HD actually appreciates it)

3) I'd hate to hear the Haji's "caption contest" for that one.

4) Yeah, WTF. This is the story? What is the AF Times anyways, 69 pages now? Oh, they just post the best photo's they have...

Maybe we could commission that recent movei-director dude to take some good photos.

Don't we have some good combat PA people? Get the real deal? The boys doing the good stuff?

(From right up front on the 1st picture) "GOOD JOB MAJOR, 9, 10, 11...COME ON MAJOR, FEEL THE BURN...12, 13...it's okay. Your golf cart of right over there."

BENDY

[ 01. June 2006, 21:53: Message edited by: Bender ]

Some one needs to photoshop the chick w/ the cig hanging out of her mouth pointing at those guys.

Just think.... I'm sure some pencil pushers used it as a bullet to further their careers.

When I was in the sandbox we had a Shirt that tried to impliment mandatory PT... He didnt realise that most of us were controllers and had "crew rest" so we never showed.

edited for typing issues

[ 02. June 2006, 00:38: Message edited by: JL ]

Dude, honestly...what is happening to our AF? Does anyone have any theories as to why the gay factor has increased so much?

Can you imagine telling the AF brothers 40 years ago about the AF today...what would they think? I mean....Lordy

For all of those guys who have hollywood-movie delusions of grandeur about combat, this is the queep you have to look forward too. I mean in the early days of OEF/OIF, combat was still a man's game. Thanks to our "expeditionary nature" and "warrior ethos" we are putting shoe-clerks into theater who have no business in the combat zone.

And to be honest it's like the brass just puts these people into theater just to get them some of that big-bad "combat" stink.

Like I said earlier, if you are a finance guy and you go to Baghdad and work finance, you are still a finance guy albeit receiving HFP.

This picture is a perfect example of the stupid shit that goes on in theater. It's ridiulous, unbelieveable, and absolutely endless.

HD

Guest Rainman A-10

Ignore them, they don't matter at all.

Spend your energy on the important things like...

Checking six.

Checking your wingmen's six.

Checking switches.

Finding the target.

Destroying the target.

Coming home safely to Mama and the kids.

Originally posted by KC135GuardDude:

Can you imagine telling the AF brothers 40 years ago about the AF today...what would they think? I mean....Lordy

What the hell happened to that thread someone posted a while back about a dream where he crashed into an O'Club somewhere where the "spritis" of famous aviators hung out drinking and beating the hell outta each other?

Kinda explained how the old crew would've reacted to all of this...they'd be laughing their asses off!

Cheers! M2

Guest croftfam

You guys think that is bad? Here at Kadena some O-6 just earned himself a star probably with the great idea to have "TRNG ONLY" stencilled onto our training chem gear. You know, because most people are too dumb to realize that they are bringing their training chem gear to the AOR instead of the sealed packages containing the real world chem gear.

I'm going to earn a super OPR bullet by suggesting that we now stencil our real world chem gear with "REAL WORLD" or "OH S#@T". You know, because I don't want to confuse stuff.

Guest LLoyd McPherson

I need money to pay for my seeing eye dog because my eyes were seared closed after seeing that first photo. :eek:

Guest Grouch

To answer the earlier question, yes, this is the awesome gear you must wear now in theater. This is of course if you are stationed anywhere other than the 'deid in the theater. Look on the bright side, you can gut the liner out of the short so you can show off your "brain." Oh yeah, careful about drying them because the reflective crap thats ironed on the shorts starts to come off after about a month of wearing that crap. I might also add the heavy polyster shirt is great at trapping heat in during the cool summer months.

Guest TacAirDrvr

That major's OPR bullet read: (fill in the rest)

-THROUGH INOVATIVE PHYSICAL FITNESS TEQNIQUES....

Guest TacAirDrvr

... INCREASED MORAL AND FITNESS TEST SCORES BETWEEN 6%-9%, MAKING HARDENED COMBAT WARRIORS OUT OF THE 69th SERVICES SQUADRON.

You know it was his idea!

Originally posted by JorryFright21:

You guys think that is bad? Here at Kadena some O-6 just earned himself a star probably with the great idea to have "TRNG ONLY" stencilled onto our training chem gear.

The "Training Use Only" has been going on for the last 20 years at every base I've been to, including 8 at Kadena. Usually though they've told us to just write it on the chem suit in marker.

[ 03. June 2006, 09:37: Message edited by: Mambo ]

Guest Hydro130

Mambo & Jorry...

Don't tell YOK any of that, they weren't stencilling TNG gear 8 months ago (that's when I pulled chocks!)

Cheers, Hydro

EDIT: spilling

[ 03. June 2006, 09:34: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

Guest Apollo

After the basketballs were not returned, the airmen led a bayonet charge to retrieve their

mission objective.

Guest soflguy
Dude, honestly...what is happening to our AF? Does anyone have any theories as to why the gay factor has increased so much?
MY guess is beacuse that's what they did to get noticed in ROTC or Field Training, or some other useless venture as such... and they forgot that when they commission and deploy the a$$ kissing games should stop... just my ignorant $.02