Dallas Fort Worth

summe32c

I had stated in a previous topic that I am relocating to the DFW area. Most of you guys on here have been to quite a few places, so I was hoping for some drops on good places to check out to live (throw in some good boobie tassle locations as well if you dont mind) Im looking to stay as close as I can to the Carswell JRB as I am going to hangin around the 457th on a regular basis.

DFW Good place to be? yes? no?

I'd like to know what to expect besides horrible traffic and lots of (insert explicitive here) longhorn fans..... :M16:

Thanks Gents

Cheers

-summers

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be sure to check out "The Flying Saucer", awesome bar in Fort Worth. In Dallas, you can hit up "The Gingerbread Man" too. I take it you're coming to the area to interview for the UPT slot the 457th is offering next August.

Edit: I have lived in the DFW area for the past 18 years and still do, PM me sometime when you are here and we can grab a brew.

Edited by VNE

That is the second time "the Flying saucer" has been mentioned to me....Noted. Thanks

VNE yes. I am moving for several reasons. I know several dudes in the unit and have visited many times. It was my cherry popper for FS's. I am thinking of going ahead and enlisting. POTTS AND KSQUARED have been huge mentors for me in the past. OUTSTANDING dudes.

I will go ahead and assume that you're in the same boat with the SPADS.

GRUNT,

"but still have a pulse!"

My friend, mileage is not a deciding factor for the TANG. Ill check it out on your word.

Thanks for the input gents.

cheers

-summers

I miss Dallas (all info contained here is at least 2 years old)....

For Mexican food, there is La Hacienda and then there is the best f'n tex-mex I have ever had, but it will cost you a long drive. Take 287 north to Decatur Texas, then take FM51 South for a couple miles... Casa Torres is on the right, looks like somebody's house next to a gas station. please overnight me some of their hot salsa (you have to request it, they only give the mild stuff normally).

As for living situations.. what kind of place are you intersted in? Looking to buy or rent? House or apartment?

I went to TCU... check out "Avery Point" apartments. They are nice and PLENTY of TCU hotties live in there (lived there for two years) :bohica: . There are a bunch of apartments off Bryant Irvin Rd and you'll be about 15 mins from Downtown or the Base. It really is the best of both worlds.

PM me if you want more details.

Mclovin

I lived in the DFW area for about 15 years, both in Dallas and Ft Worth. Dallas may have slightly more things to do as far as entertainment goes, but FTW is far and away a better place to live. Traffic is 10 times better, people are a lot more friendly, the city as a whole is just better in every way. Hell, before I left for OTS I was a City Planner for the City of Fort Worth so I know the city well. Lots of good bars downtown. Saucer has been mentioned already and I also love Pete's Piano Bar and the Pour House. The Stockyards is also full of bars.

If you want to know more specifics about the city, shoot me a pm.

Guest C-21 Pilot

Lived in Fort Worth for 25 years...well, just north in the Keller/SouthLake area.

Second the Flying Saucer...

Other bars:

1.) Library

2.) 8.0's

3.) Pourhouse

Pretty much, Sundance Square is the place to go in FTW. "Northside" - aka "where the shit-kickers are" is pretty fun too...older crowd with ten gallon hats.

Fort Worth is also in the midst of revamping the WaterGarden area with some pretty nice condo's. In addition, check out a few of the Fort Worth Cats baseball games.

Like the above mentioned....PM for specifics.

The Library is hit or miss. The last few times I've been I have gotten the "I may get shanked" vibe.

Big 2 on 8.0's though. There are always hot chicks there and great music as well. Every Wednesday during the summer there's a free Texas Country performance. I saw Casey Donahew, Josh Abbott, Roger Creager, Bleu Edmondson, Brandon Rhyder, Bart Crow, among others. Good shit.

I've heard that the Pour House is closing down.

Pete's is a great time. Definitely get loaded up beforehand because their drinks are very pricey.

Edited by dontshavemyhead

I'll just got to Petes wasted. I hate droppin 6 to 8 bucks for a BEER!. The beach bars do that shit during the summer here.

Ill have to get up with you dudes in TX for a some brews and some good ole TX women chasin.

I went to the OU/TX games this year and I sware those TX women wearing those boots, hats and skimpy dresses made me

FU(King love TX. :bohica: I'd turn on my team in a heartbeat for some of the ass I saw there.

-summers

EDIT: I cant say FU(K...im not in the guard....

Edited by Tsummers

The trick about Pete's is bringing a flask and telling the bartenders you are the DD so you'll get free Cokes all night. You might also get a few rounds bought for you after they get all the military up on stage.

And yes, Texas women are the best. I still don't know how I got my wife.

Grew up in Crowley (borders Fort Worth on the south side). I have to echo the sentiment that DFW is a GREAT place to live. Not big on the people in Dallas proper and North of Dallas, because of the big yuppy element. Everywhere else is great. Stay clear of south Dallas and Rosedale in Fort Worth. Apart from that, there's no shortage of good bars, clubs, and places to eat. I know it's a chain, but I still miss On The Boarder a lot, myself. One good place to party that wasn't mentioned is Deep Ellum in Dallas...I've had some crazy times there, but not in about 10 years, so an update might be in order...

I went to the OU/TX games this year and I sware those TX women wearing those boots, hats and skimpy dresses made me

FU(King love TX. :bohica: I'd turn on my team in a heartbeat for some of the ass I saw there.

You must have met the Pom Squad. God I miss college.

texaschaps.jpg

Summers when are you getting here? If I'm in town next weekend I'll be heading to the Flying Saucer. If you guys want to organize something PM me your phone numbers so I don't have to send dontshavemyhead after you.

2. on Uncle Hulios. I've been there and a place in Fort Worth with some dudes from the 457th called "BOO RAYS" ate some gator there....not bad.

Ill officially be there on the 19th of Dec. Ill be wanting to grab a brew and a gar soon.

-summers

Guest C-21 Pilot

Alright, time to start organizing...

A few years back, M2 set-up Baseopsalooza #1...

Looks like the DFW (prefer FW) to be the next venue. I'll get a McChord OST going in support after our deployment. Anyone up for mid-September timeframe? A bit far, but the planning needs time!!!

Alright, time to start organizing...

A few years back, M2 set-up Baseopsalooza #1...

Looks like the DFW (prefer FW) to be the next venue. I'll get a McChord OST going in support after our deployment. Anyone up for mid-September timeframe? A bit far, but the planning needs time!!!

Absolutely, count me in!

I'll probably be in OTS then. If I'm not though, game on! :beer:

The Ginger Man on Camp Bowie is a good place to hang out, have a brew and tell bullshit flying stories. Just thought I'd toss it out there.

Edited by dontshavemyhead

2. on Uncle Hulios. I've been there and a place in Fort Worth with some dudes from the 457th called "BOO RAYS" ate some gator there....not bad.

Ill officially be there on the 19th of Dec. Ill be wanting to grab a brew and a gar soon.

-summers

Let's plan for shortly after summers makes the move...maybe the night of? I'll be back with more ideas after I schedule my flight physical.

September will hopefully not work because I expect to be embarrassing dontshave at OTS/UPT at that time.