Toro vs. Rainman A-10. Discuss.

Guest 123abc

Who would you rather have as your wingman?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who is probably better at picking up chicks?

• Toro
    • Rainman A-10
  2. 2. Who would come closest to beating Chuck Norris in a fight?

• Toro
    • Rainman A-10
  3. 3. Who is better at mentoring SNAPs?

• Toro
    • Rainman A-10

Well, who's the best? Who's the biggest asshole? Who's the best wingman?

ps if you don't know who Rainman A-10 is then you best stay out of the fight. Go watch cartoons or something.

Y'know, I was gonna schwack this thread the second I saw it; then I saw how many people actually posted (or at least responded to the polls) and figured I would let it go. I still think it is a big 'WTF?' but it appears some folks are enjoying it...

Cheers! M2

I understand that his public participation here was not compatible with some of the consultancy work that he was doing for the Air Force.

Really? I thought enough a-holes jumped on the "I hate Rainman" club that he decided it wasn't worth his time anymore.

Really? I thought enough a-holes jumped on the "I hate Rainman" club that he decided it wasn't worth his time anymore.

Flare

He and I exchanged a few PMs before he decided that I was a total knob. He explained that his participation at Baseops could be seen to conflict with unofficial work he did occasionally for the Air Force - the A-10 community would read him in on somehthing, get the benefit of his wisdom, then read him out of it. He mentioned that he was considering a full-time role working as a consultant on those special programmes.

When he dissapeared, I surmised that this potential conflict ('never talk to the media' and the usual Rainman OPSEC) was the principle reason. I don't believe he had gone full-time as a consultant, but I can imagine that his ever-increasing profile here was something that may have contributed to his decision to move on.

And for the record, Rainman still visits this site from time to time; he just doesn't post anymore.

Gents,

I appreciate the support, but this is a moot point. For those who don't know, Rainman was a patch-wearer who flew about 69 different types of aircraft. He was a retired Colonel with the stink of command under his belt. He came onto this forum with the tact of a freight train and left with it intact. But at the same time, he probably changed the lives of a lot of people who actually took the time to get past his gruff comments. I would strongly suggest everybody here to peruse some of his posts - you can definitely learn from him. For example:

He takes care of his troops

His stories are epic

He knows his shit.

I have no leg to stand on in comparison to Rainman.

Thread is :rainbow: . Kill it with fire.

Done.

20qe6bl.jpg

If you PM me and tell me what this is, I buy your drinks all night long when we meet in person.