Chatroom for baseops

Guest F16crewdwgg

Guest F16crewdwgg
:beer: I'm going off on a limb here.. but wouldn't it be great if baseops had some sort of chatroom for the users to get on and shoot the sh%t... ?? :beer:

Guest TacAirDrvr
:beer: I'm going off on a limb here.. but wouldn't it be great if baseops had some sort of chatroom for the users to get on and shoot the sh%t... ?? :beer:

Guest C-21 Pilot

I agree w/ Fuse that nothing really good could come out of it. We built and maintain the Squadron Bar for this very (similiar) reason, although no IM possibilities. Because of all the SPAM that this would lead to, I would refrain from making it possible.

HOWEVER:

I would agree that making a Baseops Instant Messenger room over at Yahoo, etc wouldn't be too bad...but my vote is to keep it out of the forum realm. Someone w/ more time can put it together....

Suggestions?

Edited by C-21 Pilot

I think that taking Baseops out of the forum arena would take away what makes it good. I can't quite figure out how to explain it; but for some reason when I first read it, there was something in my head saying it wouldn't work.

Not to be immediately dismissed though.

I think that taking Baseops out of the forum arena would take away what makes it good.

I agree with you. The whole point behind the forum is that you can view discussions at your leisure. If the majority of discussions end up in a chatroom, then the people who aren't online at the time end up missing out.

Plus half of you guys would end up on "To Catch a Predator" anyway... I'm looking at you HerkDerka

Sounds like you weren't watching last season.

HD

I agree with you. The whole point behind the forum is that you can view discussions at your leisure. If the majority of discussions end up in a chatroom, then the people who aren't online at the time end up missing out.

HD

I should have known a more experienced baseoper would be able to come up with the best way to put it.

Aside from the discussions; Baseops serves as a place to go to research everything from your first PCS to reviews of pistols.

Herk Derka definately hit it on the head :bash: if valuble (or hilarious) conversations take place in chat rooms, many will miss out.

I'm quite good under pressure...Don't be so sure there, hot shot.

Besides, you should be well aware of the fact that there is very little editing going on anyway.

BENDY

Better yet, how about a video chat room!

I'd like to be able to see Toro's beer gut and use it to set my own goals. It could also be educational to see Bender passed out on the keyboard and then we could see Steve Davies sitting in a plush leather chair, wearing an ascot, sipping scotch and smoking a pipe with the masterpiece theatre song playing in the background.

beer%20gut.jpg

ab03.gif

VictorR90801B.jpg

Steve,

Is it just you or do all Brits own a toothbrush?

Good question.

We tend to share one brush between a family of four or five. Since my missus and I haven't had kids yet, we share one with our neighbors. In fact, the missus has very good teeth for a Brit; see how white and even they are:

Bild15.jpg

I like to think that we are all doing our bit for the environment - toothbrushes destroy the rain forests. Fact.