Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

How about no alcohol at OTBH = no USAF hand-holding to enable the Qataris to fly their C-17s. If they want to screw with us we can dish it right back. That would get the permit renewed in no time.

I'm sick of us just sitting back and taking this shit from our "partners". None of them like to admit that we're bringing a hell of lot more to the table than we're getting out of the deal.

• Upvote 2

Can't speak for the "new guys"...but the EST I was on attended a bunch of civilian SWAT schools, covering everything from Hostage situations, dynamic entry, barricaded targets, you name it. I know some bases still send teams and individuals though those types of things. Don't let the random Airmen gate guards or new patrolmen getting their ears wet trick you into thinking all cops are from the same mold. (I mean, I don't think ALL F-15 guys suck dick...) There are AF Cops that have been though the very same training the "more qualified" people you referenced have been though.

I watched SF respond to a hostage type situation, on base, in the Wing HQ, stateside, a couple years back. They implemented Delta measures and swept through that place so fast, half the base didn't have a clue as to what was going on until well after it happened. All they knew was they couldn't go home, and weren't getting overtime, silly civilians...

Relevancy - was transient at the Deid 2 weeks ago. Why does it take 4+30 to put us through customs and give us a mini right start brief, etc. if we're there for 30 hours waiting on a hop? Finally got to my location and we were completely inprocessed with PERSCO and Finance and Med and all that stuff in about 1+15. I was seriously about ready to choke the briefers at the Deid if they didn't hurry up. 10+30 with no nicotine and little caffiene makes me one grumpy sumbitch...

Guest Herkyload

Not if the Qatari general doesn't sign the order. The rumor is, they don't even bring the beer over from the states, they get it from a downtown distributor. Probably the same distributor who supplies it to the international hotels.

When I was there a few years ago as a contractor with Dyncorp (we lived downtown on the economy), we were allowed to purchase alcohol.

The Qatari government runs a "class six" on the west side of town, you have to be a westerner, show a letter with your salary on it, pay $100 +/- and you get a ration card based on your income. We would chip in the money and have one guy get the card. They had an ok selection, of course anything other than Tiger beer was pretty pricey.

So if you make a connection with a contractor type they may hook you up. I know we used to have folks come out on pass to our compound/villas during some holidays/events.

• Upvote 1

Can't speak for the "new guys"...but the EST I was on attended a bunch of civilian SWAT schools, covering everything from Hostage situations, dynamic entry, barricaded targets, you name it. I know some bases still send teams and individuals though those types of things. Don't let the random Airmen gate guards or new patrolmen getting their ears wet trick you into thinking all cops are from the same mold. (I mean, I don't think ALL F-15 guys suck dick...) There are AF Cops that have been though the very same training the "more qualified" people you referenced have been though.

Be that as it may, the blog in question here had 19 year old SF girls on it. Not to be sexist or 'ageist' but I don't think their skills equate to the Tier 1 assets, no matter what schools they attend. But back on point, the Deid is gay. Wait, I guess in light of DADT dissolving I should instead say "the Deid is a bastion of homosexual liberation and frolicking!"

Be that as it may, the blog in question here had 19 year old SF girls on it. Not to be sexist or 'ageist' but I don't think their skills equate to the Tier 1 assets, no matter what schools they attend. But back on point, the Deid is gay. Wait, I guess in light of DADT dissolving I should instead say "the Deid is a bastion of homosexual liberation and frolicking!"

Only in the bunkers...so the rumors go.

True that, plus chicks can't attend most of the good schools anyway...you are not being sexist...

Really the Deid is so gay already that the DADT thing won't even be noticed.

Got to the Deid yesterday and have made the comment a couple of times "Damn, can't believe I haven't gotten chewed out for anything yet". Haven't seen any shoeclerk asshattery yet. In all the briefings there have been "follow the rules and regs or you're outta here with paper" lines, but it honestly hasn't been what I was expecting. Granted it's only been 36 hours and still have many months to go, that perception may change. But for now, it seems the shoe clerks are leaving the operators alone

Yeah, over the past few weeks there have been a ton of swapouts. The newness of some of the guys is laughable. A few weeks ago, I heard two guys talking to each other out loud in the Cadillac about how astonished they were that there were no toilet paper holders and that that TP was sitting on the floor or just hanging from the coat hanger. Amateurs!!!!!

Then, the other day, I saw a dude moseying around from shower stall to shower stall looking for just the right one. Amateur rookie!!!! With a few weeks of experience he will know that 3 Left, in the back, is a pretty good one. 1 Left doesn't work, 2 Right the door doesn't shut, 2 Left looks good, but the head is cracked and the water trickles out, 4 Right's main water handle just spins freely, so it is hard to get the right temperature, 4 Left has one of those half-wide curtains where the don't ask, don't tell dudes can check you out, 5 Right has a broken door...well, you get the point.

My prediction is that the "non-compliance rate" of reflective belts, etc. will be dismal with the new guys there and there will be another major crackdown in the chow hall in the coming weeks.

Then, the other day, I saw a dude moseying around from shower stall to shower stall looking for just the right one. Amateur rookie!!!! With a few weeks of experience he will know that 3 Left, in the back, is a pretty good one. 1 Left doesn't work, 2 Right the door doesn't shut, 2 Left looks good, but the head is cracked and the water trickles out, 4 Right's main water handle just spins freely, so it is hard to get the right temperature, 4 Left has one of those half-wide curtains where the don't ask, don't tell dudes can check you out, 5 Right has a broken door...well, you get the point.

Not at the Deid but my favorites were the TCNs who thought it was a good idea to A. wash their feet in the sinks, B. Sit reverse on the toilets thereby leaving a brown smear on the front of the seat or C. take 20 minute showers when the rest of the base is taking 4 minute....

the Deid CC's blog. Kool-aid or something you read?

'Grand Slam' Wing

Quote from the link; "They set a record for the largest C-130 airdrop effort, ever, from our base…dropping over 420,000 pounds of food, water, ammunition and gas to forward operating bases in Afghanistan."

I always wonder about statements like this. Would like to know what the definitions of “airdrop effort“, “ever,” and “from this base,” are, in reference to this record.

Quote from the link; "They set a record for the largest C-130 airdrop effort, ever, from our base…dropping over 420,000 pounds of food, water, ammunition and gas to forward operating bases in Afghanistan."

I always wonder about statements like this. Would like to know what the definitions of “airdrop effort“, “ever,” and “from this base,” are, in reference to this record.

I just want to be part of airdropping gas. But yea, lot's of wordfucking going on there; who knows what really took place. They probably had a tertiary role and played it big on paper while hampering the dudes actually doing it.

Probably because several of the Herc crews rotated through there on the way to Afghanistan...so now the Deid can claim credit for everything they do downrange.

Probably because several of the Herc crews rotated through there on the way to Afghanistan...so now the Deid can claim credit for everything they do downrange.

Wrong, read the title. The quote was referring to the 746 EAS. This has nothing to do with the great work being done by Herks based downrange.

Has Pyramid gotten any better?

No.

And noted on the 746 EAS...no slight intended. Just seems like the sort of OPR-bullet crap that people pull out here. Just like the finance airman who set up my Eagle Cash Card will no doubt list on his EPR that he directly enabled xx sorties with yy hours of vul by setting that up for me...despite the fact that it only seemed to work half the time.

Pyramid is terrible. Pretty much clueless. Same with Wizard. Miser and Bankroll kick ass however.

Miser no longer exists, and Bankroll is pretty well useless now too. It's like their whole goal in life is to keep me away from my tanker.

No.

And noted on the 746 EAS...no slight intended. Just seems like the sort of OPR-bullet crap that people pull out here. Just like the finance airman who set up my Eagle Cash Card will no doubt list on his EPR that he directly enabled xx sorties with yy hours of vul by setting that up for me...despite the fact that it only seemed to work half the time.

No problem. Your feelings concerning OPR bullet scammers is understandable, no doubt they exist. I think they are in the minority. IMHO, most of us are just trying our best in less-than-desireable conditions.

WTF? Unless something changed in the past week, they very much do exist.

No, the USMC took over from the Brits back in about the Oct timeframe. Don't remember off the top of my head what the new callsign was...but the Marines definitely weren't as good as the Brits.

No, the USMC took over from the Brits back in about the Oct timeframe. Don't remember off the top of my head what the new callsign was...but the Marines definitely weren't as good as the Brits.

Yes, the Marines took over for the Brits. And the callsigns, at least Miser and Bankroll, are the same. And they are far better than Pyramid. I never worked with the Brits aside from Atomic (way better than Wizard), I don't doubt they're better than the Marines, but the callsigns still exist.

• 3 weeks later...

How is this thread on page 3?? Anyway, just showed up here. Had an email in my inbox that said the letter had been signed, and the beer is on the way. I've never seen the DEL so dead though. I wonder how the shoes are coping without such a large concentration of people to harass.

Hanging out at the chow hall and the gym, probably.

How is this thread on page 3?? Anyway, just showed up here. Had an email in my inbox that said the letter had been signed, and the beer is on the way. I've never seen the DEL so dead though. I wonder how the shoes are coping without such a large concentration of people to harass.

DEL is closed for a while apparently. Fox Sports or something is building a new bar for us. Now only if there was some booze to fill said bar...