New Uniforms

Guest Rainman A-10

Guest Rainman A-10

Pentagon fashion show.

CH, I assume you are not modeling any of the new uniforms because they needed you to take the pictures...

14nfw1u.jpg

14nfw47.jpg

14nfwir.jpg

14nfxwl.jpg

[ 17. June 2006, 06:53: Message edited by: Toro ]

Guest thebronze

They ripped-off the Marine cover over in the desert (to feel like a real Warrior, instead of just pretending?), so I guess they figured they'd rip-off their Dress Blues too...

Every one of those uniforms is

We're just a service in search of a tradition I guess.

The AF leadership is beyond lame...

Guest hockeymv

Aren't we at war? On multiple fronts? And we cut people to 'save $$' and now THIS?

Service/Mess dress uniforms do not affect how we fight wars. The BDU redesign could have had a positive impact. I don't wear BDU's, so I won't comment there. I'll let someone more informed throw in their .02.

So, the F-22 is on it's way. Expensive, sure, but nice to see we're trying to maintain our dominance. What about the tankers or airlifters that are old and getting older by the flight hour?

I'm still a newbie (SNAP, whatever). But, I can't help but wonder why this is such a high vis deal? Aren't there warfighters in HQ that can get them to pay attention to the mission and not this extra crap?

Someone higher up the chain explain this to me please

I just love the looks every one has on their faces. I also enjoy how the ribbon rack is covered by the folded down collar thingy. and what is up with the WWI looking uniforms? Is there really a need to go back in time? Ooo lets bring back the riding pants and over-the-calf boots too. Screw the uniforms, there is a war to fight.

[ 12. May 2006, 14:34: Message edited by: Vandal905 ]

Guest SuperStallionIP

Sure looks an aweful lot like USMC Dress Blue coat. What was wrong with the current/old style? Whatever. Semper Zoomy.

Guest SnakeT38

I think the blond chick in the 3rd pic looks like

she played on the oline/dline with/against Rainman

a few times. IMO, her "odometer" says time to retire.

WTF!?! Do a bunch of 3 and 4 stars just get together in their super-secret meeting room to play dress up and have tea and f_cking crumpets all afternoon?

That uniform has got to be the worst looking things I've ever seen. Hopefully the phase-out date for the current one will be after I retire.

And we thought McPeak had left the AF....

Guest Hydro130

Ugggghh. Those are ALL awful! What's with the belts?

And "2" on those liesure-suit collars that completely cover all of your pieces of flair... Who came up with that winner design change?

Unbelieveable...

Hydro

Here's actually whats being said in the 1st pic:

Woman on left: Becky, does this skirt make me look fat?

Female 3-star: Hmmmm...I really don't think so...

Gen Mosely (thinking to himself): Geez, I hope this pictures don't get leaked. We'll be the laughing stock of the Armed Forces.

+3 on the lapels. Straight out of Saturday Night Fever.

I have to agree with Bergman on this one. Were they just going to do all of the uniform descisions behind closed doors and then spring it on us so we wouldn't have a chance to shoot it down like the Blueberry Suit.

Our leadership seems destined to make us look like anything but an Air Force.

Was anything ever really that wrong with the service dress we had before the business suits? It may not have been 100% comfortable, but it damn sure looked like a military uniform.

HD

[ 12. May 2006, 15:49: Message edited by: HerkDerka ]

I quickly downloaded those pics in anticipation that an Air Force "Information Warrior" will be ordered to hack this site and remove them in the very near future!

To be honest I had to have another sip of JD to keep from throwing up at the sight of them! What is with the Billy Mitchell-wannabe look on the far right of pic #2? And how does T. Michael get any points on the Body Comp portion of the AFPT with a gut like that?

What scares me the most is that with two wars going on, force reductions and the pressing need to get fighters and airlifters to replace the aging fleet, senior leadership is spending their time and effort on costume changes. That in itself should be a FW&A IG complaint!

And CH, thanks for the pic of Denise Richards, that got the blood flowing again! I just watched Undercover Brother again the other night (my 8-yr-old loves that movie and so do I, but for different reasons).

Cheers! M2

FROM THE HALLS OF MONTEZUMA, TO THE SHORES OF TRIPOLI..."

YGTBSM! What's next, Sam Browne Belts and riding boots? I'm so glad the last Air Force uniform I wore was that of my predecessors. God, I though McPeak was nuts!

Memo to the airstaff: Feel the USAF has gotten away from it's heritage and history? I agree. Feel like coming up with a "retro" uniform to capture that feeling? Here's a fricking idea you morons,

USE THIS UNIFORM:

13117174249.jpg

WWCLMD?

Chowderheads.

[ 12. May 2006, 16:29: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

thank you so, so, so, so very much for this. I am rolling on the floor laughing and dying from this, this shit is hilarious!!!

HD, perfect Star Wars shot. Maybe they'll go for the 70's chops too? I'll do it too, but only if I can do them in the angular Star Trek style

Shatner4.jpgtuvok.jpg

and sooooooo funny to see 'Dice' as the AF uniform b*tch. "I lead a combat brigade airdrop into Iraq, and then I amount to this?!?!?

by the way, the belt is sooooooo gay, but maybe it'll help me reef in my beer gut.

[ 12. May 2006, 16:47: Message edited by: Chuck Farleston ]

One is BGen Bob "Dice" Allardice...former McChord wing CC. He also was the one who got to do the press announcement for the ABDU. Or ABU. Or whatever it's called.

This stuff goes on all the time. Uniform concepts are presented to leadership, seen in person, etc.

What's sad is that our leadership seems to be searching for purpose or some higher meaning to what we do, when I'd rather see the money applied to properly maintaining our personnel and weapons capabilities, and maybe some leadership standing up and saying "no" when proposed cuts leave the service gutted and damaged. Being the "can-do" guy all the time makes you nothing better than yes men.

Guest Rainman A-10
Originally posted by ClearedHot:

I am stunned this actually escaped...not really.

Dude, I'm retired and I still got them sent to me.

It looks like it might have taken a month for them to leak so that's not so bad.

Guest scottaxelson

Were gonna look like wannabe marines. Why do we always gotta screw with everything? Are there THAT many shoe clerks that need to make O-6?

I say force shape the toolbag who thought this retarded uniform up.

I took a closer look, and hidden amongst the jaw-dropping, costumes, they had one variation where they actually got it right! Straight out of the late 1940's, except for the material, the cold-war service dress blues:

13123454875-thumb.jpg

[ 12. May 2006, 22:47: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]