Cyber Wings

okienav

I prefer "Spwings" over "Swings" since it's not already a word. Anyway, I don't have a problem with new AFSCs deviating from the standard "round" looking badges that everybody wears (and I can't tell the difference between)

The pocket rocket is a good badge example, distinctive and easily identified. I just don't see why everything, even something as unrelated to aviation as CYBER Warrior, requires "wings" or any sort.

Get a computer monitor shaped badge with f'ing lightning bolts shooting out or something. Creativity = Good

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a thread about 'swingers.' Sounded like it beat the hell out of spwings....

I'm just sayin'...... :beer:

Well played, all :notworthy: I can't type worth a damn.

Also, I thought that they wore both the "spwings" and the pocket rocket? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by GriffinR

Well played, all :notworthy: I can't type worth a damn.

Also, I thought that they wore both the "spwings" and the pocket rocket? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Spings are still mandatory, pocket rocket is technically optional.

That's a bet you are gonna lose... :nob:

Cheers! M2

M2 is right here. There's a ton of dineros in cyber that the AF wants their hands on. You may all laugh at me now, but down the road Cyber has more of a chance of doing the split from the AF than anything else and becoming it's own uniformed service. However, I do think the wings are pretty ghey.

Guest Gonads
Let's compare:

Pilot:

web_afg_021203_090.jpg

Spwings:

AFG-060320-005.jpg

Cyberspace:

080701-F-0000P-104.jpg

The problem with the cyberwings is it's suffers from classic 'design by committee'. It's trying to incorporate too many things; there's just a pile-on of stuff which makes it look incoherent.

CHA-CHING!!!

Back in 2000 there was a special one time bonus sign-up to retain comm and some engineering officers. $10K/year for four years; it would show up in my LES as Submariner Pay!

I just sat in a briefing about Cyber command (ok, its at the AFCYBER symposium), but EWs going over won't necessarily become 17D or 12Ws. Instead they can go back to their command. Thus, screwing them out of hours and opportunities for jet specific schools. I am going, but I am hoping that being out of the jet like this doesn't screw me when I return. It just kind of makes sense that if there are some extra EWs in a community, then maybe they would be able to serve the AF from the cyber realm and pursue the opportunities over on that side. Damn it...

I just sat in a briefing about Cyber command (ok, its at the AFCYBER symposium), but EWs going over won't necessarily become 17D or 12Ws. Instead they can go back to their command. Thus, screwing them out of hours and opportunities for jet specific schools. I am going, but I am hoping that being out of the jet like this doesn't screw me when I return. It just kind of makes sense that if there are some extra EWs in a community, then maybe they would be able to serve the AF from the cyber realm and pursue the opportunities over on that side. Damn it...

Are they mostly puling EWOs from the RC- EC- communities? How long are you over there? Sounds like a scam to me, I'm not sure I believe them letting you return...especially if you were the first wave of folks to start it up.

There's been talk down in the 563rd FTS (EW squadron at Randolph) about E Dubs from all types of airframes having a potential future in AFCYBER. No real information, but just a lot of talk that E Dubs/CSOs in general need to know their shit about electronic warfare b/c AFCYBER is gonna be a place with lots of money to spend and lots of billets to fill in the future.

How that effects getting screwed out of being able to fly again, no idea...

Off Topic, but while you are on the topic of missile dudes, I recently had a missile dude tell me that he had over 300 "combat missions" under his belt. When I asked, oh yes, you would be correct, he meant that he had sat over 300 alerts. YGBFSM.

Anyway, I say we should all change to the Buzz Lightyear wings.

The only missileers that would say that are O-5 or higher. At Malmstrom they run around calling the OG squadrons "attack squadrons" despite the fact that the only thing we've attacked in the last 60 years is a plateful of tater tots.

I think most missileers don't care for the spings. As far as flight suits, I like them just because we sometimes have to switch into and out of uniform (sts) several times during the course of a day and that's a lot easier than changing into and out of BDUs...plus I dont have to iron them.

At Malmstrom they run around calling the OG squadrons "attack squadrons" despite the fact that the only thing we've attacked in the last 60 years is a plateful of tater tots.

The first part of this sentence is way beyond UFB. :bohica:

The second part is pretty darn funny! :thumbsup:

Brick, Goat Forks, MMII Deuce '87-'91

Are they mostly puling EWOs from the RC- EC- communities? How long are you over there? Sounds like a scam to me, I'm not sure I believe them letting you return...especially if you were the first wave of folks to start it up.

They're pulling a few from the B-1 community.