Date of Rank

Guest Pan130

Is your date of ranke your commision date or the dat e of your last promotion?

Normally, it is the date of your last promotion. But for new accessions, it depends on how you were commissioned. Unless things have changed since I was commissioned a hundred or so years ago, OTS and USAFA guys DOR is they day they are commissioned, as that is their first day of active duty as an officer. However, AFROTC commissionees are delayed coming on AD, so the DOR was split between the day they were commissioned and their first day of AD. That may have changed, but unless you are in a POW camp, what does DOR really matter anyway, especially when you are a Lt?

Cheers! M2

That may have changed, but unless you are in a POW camp, what does DOR really matter anyway, especially when you are a Lt?

Cheers! M2

IIRC, it is used on vRed and on some other forms. I know I needed it for something on vRed.

Edited by momann

I always thought you made 1 LT two years after your DOR (halfway b/tween commission and going AD) but recently heard it's 2 yrs from your EAD. Which one is it?

I understand time in service goes by your pay date which is the date you commission.

I always thought you made 1 LT two years after your DOR (halfway b/tween commission and going AD) but recently heard it's 2 yrs from your EAD. Which one is it?

I understand time in service goes by your pay date which is the date you commission.

For me it was two years after my DOR...

Cheers! M2

My DOR is the date halfway between commission and AD

unless you go on active duty pretty quick... then its the same day as the Academy graduation... I had heard of this but wasn't sure about it till I checked and my DOR and it was 2 days after I came on active duty... the same day the Academy graduated...

Apparently ROTC can not have a DOR earlier then then Academy from the same year...

Guest AceFlyHigh
I graduated a month prior to the USAFA grads and my DOR was pushed to the USAFA grad date. Bogus.

HD

This is what my DOR did as well. I guess with the new ROTC grads in the spring, there's someone that decided that no one should have a DOR earlier than the USAFA grads. It does seem a little strange.

This is what my DOR did as well. I guess with the new ROTC grads in the spring, there's someone that decided that no one should have a DOR earlier than the USAFA grads. It does seem a little strange.

That only happens with the spring grads Apr-May, anyone who is on the quarter system and gets commissioned in March, will maintain their date of rank all the way until they pin on Major. The allignment with the academy happened to me as well, grad in early may, came on active duty 3 days later so had a date prior to the academy graduating. It really didnt make much difference accept I was 3 weeks delayed pinning on 1Lt (money out of my pocket), 3 weeks delayed pinning on Capt (money out of my pocket), but the kicker was..I had the same date of rank as the academy grads, same previous date of rank as the academy grads, but my TAFCS date was 3 weeks earlier than all the academy grads which meant that I pinned on Major 2 months prior to the top guys graduating from the academy and 6 months prior to the bottom of the class guys from the zoo. I guess in the long run, I got my money back. I originally was supposed to come on active duty in August but didnt have a place to live (room-mate bailed on me) and didnt really want to fuel airplanes anymore at the San Marcos Airport. So...I jumped in my truck, bought a case of shiner and drove down to AFPC 6 weeks prior to commissioning (orders in hand). Found this TSgt in Officer accessions, gave him the case of beer, 10 minutes later I had new orders coming on active duty 3 months earlier than my original date. I did the math...the 3 months extra 0-1E pay, as well as the 7 months of Major since I pinned on earlier than the academy guys totalled about an extra $15K in my pocket. The case of beer wasn't a bad investment after all...