Classic Thread - Pilot poser on Corvette Forum

Guest bunk22

Guest Whiterock
So reading his PM that ties himself to Whiterock and going over and looking at Corvette Forum, there is a Whiterock1 claiming to be a F-4 pilot from 73 timeframe who bought his first Corvette (a Black 06 M-51) in May 06 and was a "regular" on that forum until he into a "Wax War" over Zaino products and disappears from sight on 7 August. Then, Blackstar appears on 8 August in same thread talking about Zaino and claiming to be a F-16 pilot/JAG with same car in same city. He says his dad flew Phantoms in 73 (same squadron as Whiterock BTW). When Bunk challenges the impossibility of Blackstar's age and being a TV show character come to life, Blackstar is finally proven to be a poser, but is he Whiterock's son coming to his dad's defense in the "Wax War" or Whiterock concealing his identity? Then comes Dimestore registering on heels of banning of Blackstar and guess what he drives? and what he flew in Nam and when? So is Dimestore simply Whitestar back again or is he the son pretending to be the dad? I don't think Stolen Valor Act addresses this situation, but Corvette Forum mods rolled in and saw same IP address at play and banned Dimestore. Batter up! Who knows who is on deck next from that house, but we know what he'll be driving.

I guess Baseops can thank whoever he is (or they are) for delivering a nice view count (6,000 views and counting) and contributing to click ad revenue.

Pretty good summary, Scribe, but let me add a few things to it.

1> I sent the original email quoted 2nd party by him to Bunk wed--to the Navy address he gave me from my AF address at Schriever.

2> I today sent him another, taking him at his word as a Naval Officer that he didn't receive the first one. This second one shows a pic of me in the cp of a Phantom--at Udorn in revetments, with my Panther Pack helmet on the canopy, in a 13TFS work suit from ~ june of 1973. I sent him a pic of my 13TFS coffee mug, wall plaque and certificate, 13TFS patch on it, for a "Fighter tour in the F-4 D and E aircraft in SEA" signed by all my squadron buds and my then CC, and dating it '73-74. If someone here would like a copy of these pics--and message, send me a pm or post your email on the block. I would appreciate a Moderator doing so who could then post them for everyone to see.

3> I was Dimestore--a frag name for '5 and 10' what we old guys called it, and a bomb load of 500 and 1000" bombs.

4> I was not Blackstar--give me a ######ing break...JAG was a great tv show, but I never wanted to date a Marine L/C, so probably would have come up with something a bit more deceptive...

5> we use common computers for 'recreational' use in my office area--I used one for posting to CF, so did others. I believe I know who he is, that's all I have to say on it and I don't really GAS what anyone thinks or cares.

6> my purpose here is to clear the air and accept your thanks for the entertainment. Bunk 22 deserves credit for a good job 'outing' Bstar. I don't like witch hunts and that's why I went back. I don't like getting called a liar and a poser--and while I hope Bunk is telling the truth about not receiving my emails, the other guy didn't respect my request for keeping that post to himself when he sent it to Bunk.

7> Yeah, anyone can find the Rats and Dave Brog by googling. I said ASK him about Whiterock. Can't you guys ######ing read? Ask L/C Ed (MOFAK) Cathcart, USMC, ret--who any of you Navy/Corps guys should immediately recognize as one of the heroes of Naval Aviation in SEA, about me. Both Dave and MOFAK are friends as well as men who I look up to as heroes. Both were with me on the CASBAR.

All I have to say. I like a fair fight, but this hasn't been one. Now it is. Moderator--give me an email--don't know if you can PM here.

Mike

post-4207-1188580287_thumb.jpg

Guest LocoF16

Nice combover. Hey guys, I'm going back to the Promised Land (that would be Norman, OK) for a little college football this weekend. I'll go visit my uncle and take pictures of all the stuff in his house from his 23-yr career as an F-105/F-100/A-7 pilot and tell you it's me. I'll then tell you stories about how I flew out of Takhli with Col Jack Broughton (ask him, he knows about me) and about how Gen John Murphy (look up his bio) used to call us in at 1800 every other Sunday evening and go over our screw ups over the past two weeks and regularly announce, "You are an bunch of dumb weenies." The sessions were dubbed "weenie roasts". I'll then tell you how I flew over a hundred missions over North Vietnam, mostly over Route Pack 6, 'cause I'm a badass. I'll tell you about the many times I got to "clean 'em up, green 'em up, and start my music" because I dropped an ass-load of bombs on Charlie. That is how I earned my three Silver Stars (I've got pictures of them, I'll show you).

I'm gonna miss reading this thread. And it looks like we have a new player. Bound for the BaseOps Hall of Fame for sure...

BTW, all the facts above are from a quick scan of the first few pages of Thud Ridge.

whiterock, you seem to lack credibilty as well as grammar skills (yourselfs?), but for me, you can clear it up with a relatively quick reply to:

What was your pilot class # and patch? Even a description in lieu of a photo will suffice.

What other squadrons did you fly with?

What was squadron standard for dumping the drag chute? Actually, since it would have been 30 + years ago, that's not fair. Just a realistic recount of how to dump the chute will suffice, please.

Who were Moonbeam and Cricket? If you flew, you knew.......

edited to account for memory and 30 years - possibly.

Edited by brickhistory

Cool, see for yourselfs.

Whiterock

That's awesome. I have pictures just like that one from airshows back in the day. Hell, even now there is a BA one usually on display that travels with them!

Why do people care so much if internet folk believe you were in or not? When people get so defensive it gives the impression that they have nothing better to do. I.E.-no job, no family, no commitments, no responsibility. That's why arguing "I swear I'm telling the truth! Please believe me! I swear, ask my mommy..errr, CO!" sounds childish.

Hell, the only reason I have time to writie this is because I'm home sick from work today. =(

Edited by Fuse

Guest Whiterock
whiterock, you seem to lack credibilty as well as grammar skills (yourselfs?), but for me, you can clear it up with a relatively quick reply to:

What was your pilot class # and patch? Even a description in lieu of a photo will suffice.

What was squadron standard for dumping the drag chute? Actually, since it would have been 30 + years ago, that's not fair. Just a realistic recount of how to dump the chute will suffice, please.

edited to account for memory and 30 years - possibly.

Yes, I know how to spell 'yourselves.' In what way is a misspelled word "grammar"? You seem to be the one who's deficient. As to your other questions, why in the world would you think I owe you an answer to anything? I don't give a ###### what you think, nor care that you don't know what grammar is. I said I was setting the record straight. End of coversation with you and any other "four to one or it ain't no fun" dicks. The witch hunt is over. Bunk had him burned at the stake. Go put your torch out.

PS--LocoF16--there were ways around AFR 35-10 back in the day. A comb over was one of them...lol.

Edited by Whiterock

Guest Scribe
All I have to say. I like a fair fight, but this hasn't been one. Now it is.

Huh? Never was a "fight" that I saw except for the "Wax War" on Corvette Forum. What's up with that anyway?

People were asking for you to come here all along to clear your bona fides. You are just showing up now after violating forum rules and disguising yourself and claiming it's not fair? All the folks here and on Corvette Forum are the ones deceived by your maneuvering over wax whether Blackstar is you, someone at your office or a relation (you're the one who mentioned spanking Blackstar). That's hardly fair. People were asking you questions as Dimestore and you got belligerent from what I observed.

The doubts you see are from you fitting the profile of other posers. The most infamous is Skeeterman who adopted the career of his brother-in-law so he did what you are doing...produced pictures, claimed unit associations and invited people to make calls so doing that isn't a 100% check. You keep claiming you are giving info to Bunk22 via PM and he's reported nothing has come over. If you're the real deal a .mil email to a .mil email would verify who you are at the office and that could be correlated to the past you claim.

Blackstar posted almost 200 times over 20 days. You're saying someone in your office was doing that just to set you up? Kinda funny as he was posting outside office hours so must be a lot of recreation going on in that office.

Guest Tex_Hill
5> we use common computers for 'recreational' use in my office area--I used one for posting to CF, so did others. I believe I know who he is, that's all I have to say on it and I don't really GAS what anyone thinks or cares.

So you and Blackstar happen to use the same computer to post on the same forum and both of you own the same year & color corvette? Yeah, right.

BTW, pictures prove nothing. My boss is a retired RCAF Colonel, & I can post pictures of his stuff in his office & pass it off as myself.

Edited by Tex_Hill

Guest Whiterock
Huh? Never was a "fight" that I saw except for the "Wax War" on Corvette Forum. What's up with that anyway? People were asking for you to come here all along to clear your bona fides. You are just showing up now after violating forum rules and disguising yourself and claiming it's not fair? All the folks here and on Corvette Forum are the ones deceived by your maneuvering over wax whether Blackstar is you, someone at your office or a relation (you're the one who mentioned spanking Blackstar). That's hardly fair. People were asking you questions as Dimestore and you got belligerent from what I observed.The doubts you see are from you fitting the profile of other posers. The most infamous is Skeeterman who adopted the career of his brother-in-law so he did what you are doing...produced pictures, claimed unit associations and invited people to make calls so doing that isn't a 100% check. You keep claiming you are giving info to Bunk22 via PM and he's reported nothing has come over. If you're the real deal a .mil email to a .mil email would verify who you are at the office and that could be correlated to the past you claim. Blackstar posted almost 200 times over 20 days. You're saying someone in your office was doing that just to set you up? Kinda funny as he was posting outside office hours so must be a lot of recreation going on in that office.

I registered for baseops on wed, but it didn't take. I registered today with my .us.af.mil email address and it took right away. Ask a Moderator if that's true if you like. I didn't PM anything to bunk--I emailed it to his NAVaddress which he gave me. Here is today's

Here’s a few pics for you, to go along with the email—which I see you posted on baseops from your cohort, which I sent you and you said you didn’t receive. I’ll take you at your word on that. The pic is me in the cp 34 years ago, 13TFS helmet—panther paw on the back, and in SEA colors and revetments. The others are 13th mug, plaque and certificate for a “fighter tour in the F-4 in SEA”. The start date is off, as I was extended 90 days, but the guy who made the thing just assumed a 12 month tour. Googling Dave Brog is easy. I said ask him about Whiterock. We had a memorable bar fight in the CASBAR and then became friends. As I said, he and Famous Amos Parker sponsored me for the Rats. As I flew combat in Cambodia, I was eligible to join. That was the requirement for the CASBAR, as well. Being somebody’s bullseye. In fact, young guys from SWA are encouraged and needed in both groups. Look up L/C Ed (MOFAK) Cathcart, USMC, ret. He is a legend among Marine aviators. Ask him about me. He is my hero and was a close friend on the CASBAR. Many others are friends, and as a Naval Aviator you should know who Cmdr. Paul (Pablo) Galanti is, as well. It was my honor to exchange posts with Pablo many times on the ‘bar.I know who Blackstar is, with 90% certainty. There are common computers in our office that we use for ‘recreational’ purposes. I posted as Dimestore (a frag load in Cambodia,‘5 and 10’ = 500 and 1000 # bombs. Before your time.) on it several times, as well as my office computer. He is young, active duty, talked with me many times about flying and the law. Knows my email addresses, has riden in my Vette and is a friend. He’s also going thru some rough times and may have looked for an escape. That is all I’ll say about him. I didn’t like your tactics, although I can understand your motives, which is why I came back to challenge you. I will admit you did a fine job outing Bstar. I hope you are as good with your studs. If you want to talk, I’ll be on leave next week, but my home e-mail is <deleted>. As what I have supplied is unassailable proof of my non-poser status, I expect you to state the same at baseops. As I said in the first email you didn’t get, don’t use my name or position online, and I’ll do the same with yours. That is between you and I. Later,Mike

I never said anybody was "setting me up," so where did you come up with that bs? Left off my wall plaque, so I'll post that pic, too. Then, guess what? As I think I already said, I don't give a ******* (I'll save the edit program the trouble) whether you or anyone else believes me. Those with a sense of logic will. The rabble that enjoy witch hunts won't. Guess what again? **** them. I have no intention of answering "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" questions.

post-4207-1188588491_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toro

Surely you can understand the skepticism.

You can quote easily googled facts and can name names from what many to believe the authentic pilot's career, but you won't answer easily answerable but not easily googled questions about anything else related to his service? Perhaps you understand the skepticism.

I do not think anyone on this forum would mind if a combat vet from a previous war joined in the discussions, but a poser is insulting.

Why is that hard for you to understand?

If you don't care what folks here think, why do you keep responding?

So if you work in the same office as the poor, troubled blackstar, are you also in the JAG office?

One can read the name on the certificate, by the way.

Guest Whiterock

Seeing as how you asked in a civil manner, I'll respond in the same. I am the Deputy Director of the Program Management Office for USAF Space Command at Schriever AFB, CO. Air Force civilian, what used to be a GS-14 and is now a YC-1101-2 under NSPS. Any AF guys can look it up on the global. No, I am not in JA (Navy calls it JAG, not Air Force) but I have a strong legal background. In my office is the picture of me from 34 years ago that I posted. Also the 13th TFS mug. Yes, anybody can buy stuff or post pictures, but anyone in my office recognizes the 24 year old me rather quickly. The sawadee cert and plaque are in my study at home. If you would like to post your email, I'll reply with a .us.af.mil extention. As I have nothing to hide, my name would be included in that, wouldn't you think? As to why I respond--I don't like being called a liar. As to how you "could" welcome vets from SEA, that is the heritage of the young guys--and gals, who use this site. 21 Sep, which I've mentioned several times, should be as important to them--you if you're one, as it is to me. Evidently, form the lack of response, that's not so. And that's a shame. That being said, I don't know if I'll stick around. I may check the traffic out and decide to, or not. I've said everything I have to say about me--but as I'm a gluton for punishment, one more post--or course it could belong to my neighbor--and it is the only black C6 on the base.

post-4207-1188591000_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toro

If someone here would like a copy of these pics--and message, send me a pm or post your email on the block. I would appreciate a Moderator doing so who could then post them for everyone to see.

All I have to say. I like a fair fight, but this hasn't been one. Now it is. Moderator--give me an email--don't know if you can PM here.

I registered today with my .us.af.mil email address and it took right away. Ask a Moderator if that's true if you like.

1) You can post your googled images without the help of a moderator.

2) Yes you can PM here.

3) I wouldn't know if you registered with a "us.af.mil", you have your email hidden from public view.

4) You don't need a moderator's help to verify your claims. BrickHistory gave you ample opportunity.

I have no intention of answering "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin" questions.

Standard response.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka

Guest bunk22
Yes, I know how to spell 'yourselves.' In what way is a misspelled word "grammar"? You seem to be the one who's deficient. As to your other questions, why in the world would you think I owe you an answer to anything? I don't give a ###### what you think, nor care that you don't know what grammar is. I said I was setting the record straight. End of coversation with you and any other "four to one or it ain't no fun" dicks. The witch hunt is over. Bunk had him burned at the stake. Go put your torch out.

PS--LocoF16--there were ways around AFR 35-10 back in the day. A comb over was one of them...lol.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be here trying so hard. You have yet to provide one ounce of evidence thats shows you are a former pilot. You have no credibility at all. It's real easy.........if I'm called to the table, I respond. Those who lie or decieve get angry when questioned. It's always the same BS excuse, I don't have to prove anything to you. Well, in this case, you do. Put up or STFU. I can't stand people who pretend to be what they are not. I've read some of your postings and can present them here. It involves some explanation of aerodynamics of the F-4, some pilot talk (if you can call it that), etc. The old timers, like A4sforever on AW, can provide within seconds a pic of him (obvious not an intenet found pic), tell a story or actually talk like a pilot. I still haven't seen anything on my NMCI account from you. If I eventually get it, it had better be something worthwhile, like an actual pic with a story not found on the net.

Guest bunk22
Seeing as how you asked in a civil manner, I'll respond in the same. I am the Deputy Director of the Program Management Office for USAF Space Command at Schriever AFB, CO. Air Force civilian, what used to be a GS-14 and is now a YC-1101-2 under NSPS. Any AF guys can look it up on the global. No, I am not in JA (Navy calls it JAG, not Air Force) but I have a strong legal background. In my office is the picture of me from 34 years ago that I posted. Also the 13th TFS mug. Yes, anybody can buy stuff or post pictures, but anyone in my office recognizes the 24 year old me rather quickly. The sawadee cert and plaque are in my study at home. If you would like to post your email, I'll reply with a .us.af.mil extention. As I have nothing to hide, my name would be included in that, wouldn't you think? As to why I respond--I don't like being called a liar. As to how you "could" welcome vets from SEA, that is the heritage of the young guys--and gals, who use this site. 21 Sep, which I've mentioned several times, should be as important to them--you if you're one, as it is to me. Evidently, form the lack of response, that's not so. And that's a shame. That being said, I don't know if I'll stick around. I may check the traffic out and decide to, or not. I've said everything I have to say about me--but as I'm a gluton for punishment, one more post--or course it could belong to my neighbor--and it is the only black C6 on the base.

post-4207-1188591000_thumb.jpg

Then answer the question about the F-4 phantom or questions about combat in it. Some quotes (from colorado muscle)

Hi. I'm a new guy, Whiterock1. Name's Mike and I'm an Air Force Program Manager at Schriever AFB. Was a Fighter Pilot on active duty--long time ago, and flew combat in Viet Nam. Always liked speed. Also raced in B and C Production back in the day at Road America SCCA regionals. Even won a few times...

I over g'd it, of course. But in combat you don't worry about how, just why! It was slick and could pull 12, supposedly, but I wasn't looking at the accelerometer, just the rapidly approaching ground! :huh:

This was a question about the highest g seen on folks covettes and you respond:

13, of course that was in an F-4....:laughing:

From a Ferrari website:

Originally Posted by Whiterock1

I'm a former USAF F-4 Phantom Pilot, Vietnam Veteran and Deputy Director of an Air Force Space Command Program Management Office. I don't own, but do love, Ferraris--and was happy to find the site. This is a very nice forum, imho, open to all who enjoy and respect Ferraris--as well as other hi-performance makes, without egotistical a-holes showing their financial statements. Many of the comments directed at you reflect that group ethic. The Navigator rip-off of the stars "run" was the topic and you jumped in on your own event. I give you credit for posting up supporting documentary evidence, but if you were in fact a Crew Chief involved with fighters, you should recognize not squawking the correct IFF can get an Aim 9 shot at your butt.

Now I'm not a fighter guy but not the correct IFF? What about Mode 4? AIM vs Aim.....small things but it's the small that often give away the big.

Here's a nice aero explanation concerning a few issues of flight:

Others have refuted your "point" better than I can on how you magically lose no hp with fi in rarified O2 level altitudes, so I'll just answer your other questions. I flew F-4s for the USAF, including a combat tour in SEA. I don't own one; however there is at least one privately owned that I know of. And a Mig-29, for what it's worth. Lift is one factor that causes you to fall out of the sky; but lift is overcome with thrust. Saturn 5 booster rockets have very little lift, but a whole big bunch of thrust. An F-15 accelerating into the verticlal relies zero on lift. It stops climbing when it runs out of thrust. Negative dihedral wing setups like Phantoms have mean they are thrust limited. Thinner air into a jet nozzle means less thrust. Lift is secondary. You flame out at altitude if you don't have the air pressure to keep cooking, perhaps that fact excaped you, as you seem to think chemistry somehow is the key, not physics.

To me, the above just sounds a bit off for an aviator. I don't know, I was a business major but I would like an explanation on lift causes an aircraft to fall out of the sky.

Edited by bunk22

I registered today with my .us.af.mil email address and it took right away. Ask a Moderator if that's true if you like.

While I can't verify any of Whiterock's stories, I have verified that he has a valid .mil address.

To play devil's advocate in his defense to some of the posts -

Now I'm not a fighter guy but not the correct IFF? What about Mode 4? AIM vs Aim.....small things but it's the small that often give away the big.

Mode 4 is IFF.

Aim vs AIM is not really that big of a deal.

To me, the above just sounds a bit off for an aviator. I don't know, I was a business major but I would like an explanation on lift causes an aircraft to fall out of the sky.

He was using an extreme example of an aircraft accelerating straight in the vertical. Lift is caused by the relative wind over the camber of a wing. Without thrust to provide that relative wind, there can be no lift. I think that's the point he was trying to make.

Again, I have nothing to validate Whiterock's story - and it does seem odd that he and Blackwell posted from the same location. But I do have a picture of my coffee mug on my desk right next to my UPT picture (as you can see, I was promoted quickly and was in fact a lawyer, a doctor, and the SVS SQ/CC).

6aiv1ip.jpg

While I can't verify any of Whiterock's stories, I have verified that he has a valid .mil address.

I'm not surprised, that's the only thing that he was willing to put to the test. But having a .mil address isn't enough to verify his story.

BrickHistory is still waiting for his answers.

HD

Guest bunk22

I've been called out on sites. I flew COD's off the boat but some folks, think they know it all and I've been put to the test. Real easy, I post a pic, something that's not easily found:

Bunkslastcarrierflight045-1.jpg

or from the cat:

Bunkslastcarrierflight063.jpg

So...........

Unfortunetly, that doesn't mean squat. I work with NETSAFA and all the civi's, many prior but not aviators or whatever, have NMCI accounts.

Mode 4 is IFF.

We called it Mode 4........we also have Mode C.........

Aim vs AIM is not really that big of a deal.

He was using an extreme example of an aircraft accelerating straight in the vertical. Lift is caused by the relative wind over the camber of a wing. Without thrust to provide that relative wind, there can be no lift. I think that's the point he was trying to make.

I get all those things but it's just, off a bit. When we caught the others, they had the same stuff, explanations, dates, names, I know people excuse, etc...........but it was all just off a bit. It's the small things even when it's Aim or AIM or aim or Fighting Falcon, FnnG vs FNG, etc.

Again, I have nothing to validate Whiterock's story - and it does seem odd that he and Blackwell posted from the same location. But I do have a picture of my coffee mug on my desk right next to my UPT picture (as you can see, I was promoted quickly and was in fact a lawyer, a doctor, and the SVS SQ/CC).

6aiv1ip.jpg

You are well established and I bet could easily produce more than a pic of Olds and a coffee mug with your callsign. I have yet to meet, on the net or not, anyone former or current military aviator when asked, to show proof........be it due to ego, pride, whatever. I don't think it would ever have been an issue without the Blackstar then Dimestore thing. I take people at their word. But when one gets defensive when asked for a simple explanation, that is a sign as well. It certainly could be Whitelock is a pilot but his sons or somebody is playing him.

Edited by bunk22

I don't give a ******** whether you or anyone else believes me.

Clearly.

Still waiting.

White/Black/whatever color you decide to be next week, the thing that I don't get is that you are how old now? Around 50+? What 50-55 year old have you ever seen get so worked up and defensive like you have? What old fighter guy have you ever seen write the way you do? I don't think I've ever seen any one person spew out so much personal information about all thier past in one thread just to win over what at 55 I would consider internets kids on a messageboard. I'm 24 and when I read your posts I think "poor kid is gonna cry". The way you handel things alone makes me think your not this old time fighter guy.

Edited by Fuse

"What also floats?"

"Churches!"

"Very small rocks!"

"A duck!"

"A duck! Who are you, so wise in the ways of science?"

"I am Arthur, King of the Britons!"

"So if she floats, she must be made of wood...and if she's made of wood.........a WITCH!!! BURN THE WITCH!!!"

HolyGrail027.jpg

... the thing that I don't get is that you are how old now? Around 50+? What 50-55 year old have you ever seen get so worked up and defensive like you have? What old fighter guy have you ever seen write the way you do?

Kind of like a 55+ year old using the colloquialism of "....Later, Mike..." in his signoff on the previous page. Something a 20 yr old would use.

On a related note, I have the only Stinkbug air-air kill.......just thought I'd let that be known to the masses. And as soon as I complete the photoshop.....I mean, pick the pics up from the photo shop....I'll post them here.

We called it Mode 4........we also have Mode C.........

The IFF is all of the modes.

I get all those things but it's just, off a bit. When we caught the others, they had the same stuff, explanations, dates, names, I know people excuse, etc...........but it was all just off a bit. It's the small things even when it's Aim or AIM or aim or Fighting Falcon, FnnG vs FNG, etc.

Exactly. That's the problem. Not only do his stories fail the press-to-test, but his repetitive little missed details don't add up. I still have yet to meet a pilot who couldn't spell "FNG" and then blamed it on being one of the old school.

Let's quit worrying about him. The guy's a fake and everyone knows it. If he answers Brickhistory's questions, we'll see. He's had about 12 hours to google up some answers.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka

Guest alfakilo
...a certificate for a “fighter tour in the F-4 in SEA”. The start date is off, as I was extended 90 days, but the guy who made the thing just assumed a 12 month tour.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Normally, our tours were 'extended' at the end, not the beginning...or did you mean your time at the end of RTU was extended for some reason? If so, when did you begin flying missions over Cambodia?

Earlier, I asked about that Red River patch...how did you get one if you only flew after the Peace Accords were signed?

...Dimestore (a frag load in Cambodia,‘5 and 10’ = 500 and 1000 # bombs. Before your time.)

But it wasn't before mine. My memory is that a typical load for day ops in Cambodia at that time was Mk82LD...and maybe some CBU-58. Most of the CBU that I carried was on night AC-130 escort sorties. We did a very little bit of LGB dropping in Cambodia as well...but Mk83s? Don't remember that.

Edited by alfakilo