DA-20 Maximum Pilot Height?

I don't know if this question has been asked, but after looking at Riddler's pics, I realized how small the DA-20 actually is. I head to Pueblo at the end of July and my question is: any tall guys have problems fitting in the airplane? I'm 6' 4" and 205 pounds and was wondering if I will be able to fit in the cockpit! Anyone have info on this?

WxMan :beer:

You should be good to go. I'm 6'3" 205lbs and I fit fine....my headset ends up being a ###### hair from the top of the canopy but it's not a big deal. I push the rudder pedals all the way back and I'm good to go. It was pretty funny when I took my 6'5" 230lb friend up last year before he left for Euro-Nato....I'm surprised we were able to take-off. Good luck and check six.

I know it doesn't answer your question, but the AFI governing pilot size says:

- 77" height max

- 34"-40" seating height

- 27" butt-to-knee length max;

This is from memory, but should be close.

I would hope the AF would have picked the DA-20 knowing that folks this big would have to fit in it.

But, maybe they didn't....

Edited by Huggyu2

There's a guy here now who's 6'5". His head touches the canopy. If you meet the AF regs to be a pilot, you should be good to go. I'm 6'1", and I have my own headset with a battery pack for my lip-light on the top of my headset. It brushes the canopy sometimes, but is all right. The biggest thing is my back friggin' hurts after a 1.4 hour flight. Bring a small pillow for lumbar support if you think you'll need it.

Weatherman, you should be OK. The 6'5" guy we have now was a former combat weatherman too! What is it with you guys?

did they harass you at all about having your own headset? I am thinking about bringing mine just so I'm not making out with the same mic as all the other people...

There's a guy here now who's 6'5". His head touches the canopy. If you meet the AF regs to be a pilot, you should be good to go. I'm 6'1", and I have my own headset with a battery pack for my lip-light on the top of my headset. It brushes the canopy sometimes, but is all right. The biggest thing is my back friggin' hurts after a 1.4 hour flight. Bring a small pillow for lumbar support if you think you'll need it.

Weatherman, you should be OK. The 6'5" guy we have now was a former combat weatherman too! What is it with you guys?