Bring Back:

B52gator

Guest Hydro130
Do they have a website, I tried to google them and couldn't find it. Thanks...

Oh.. and bring back real men in the military, enough with the PC pansies! and Tobacco!

I don't recall Tiger's having a website. Even if they did, I'd be leery of web transaction reliabilty (think Royal Bag). Much better done in person. Hopefully, one of the baseops.net regulars from Kadena can perhaps hook you up. Yokota folks get down there quite often also. Tiger's and Royal Bag shop visits are two nice bennies of rockin' the Pacific.

Cheers, Hydro

Enough of this PC bullshit. One of our class patch ideas got shot down because, "someone could mistake that for having to do w/ alcohol." Umm...ok, then why does the comm squadron's little shield thing say "No one cumms close!" I guess it's ok for the shoeclerks to have "references" in their shit, but not us. WTFO?

I think they need to go back and fix the enlisted rank system because "Airman" may be offensive to females.

"Airperson"?

Edited by Jimmy

Enough of this PC bullshit. One of our class patch ideas got shot down because, "someone could mistake that for having to do w/ alcohol." Umm...ok, then why does the comm squadron's little shield thing say "No one cumms close!" I guess it's ok for the shoeclerks to have "references" in their shit, but not us. WTFO?

YGBSM. What base are you at? You guys are getting screwed! The list of alcholol-related UPT patches is endless....from The Best Patch Collection Ever:

20316b910.jpg

204472980.jpg

28e06d8c0.jpg

251f898c0.jpg

I'm at Vance. Tell me about it...in fact, there's several recent classes (07-xx time frame) with blatant alcohol related patches (like Vance Select instead of Bud Select, etc.) All ours showed was a dude doing a keg stand on a fire hydrant...there's was no blatant alcohol symbols at all...but since it resembled a keg stand, it wouldn't fly. In fact, we had far "worse" designs, but submitted this one b/c it was our least "offensive" patch idea. And it got shot down...un-fvcking-believable. Now our next idea is pretty good...but I have a feeling it won't fly due to "some people might take that as a sexual offense" or some shit like that. I just want go to the OG building and start kicking those fvcks in the junk...if they've even got any balls left that is. Thank god I'm getting paid to fly, otherwise this AF can shove it up their ass.

Edit: Here's some examples just from this last year or so AT VANCE...

2cd377980.jpg

2e2276940.jpg

2e24769b0.jpg

2cd893ca0.jpg

But no, ours isn't going to cut it b/c someone might mistake it for having to do with alcohol. But good thing no one would ever mistake these for being related to alcohol. Fvcking morons.

Edited by brabus

I've got good news and bad news. Actually, it is the same news and it can go either way.

Russia is getting dangerous. The Cold War might be coming back to a continent near you!

• 2 weeks later...

True to an extent...I know you guys work your asses off (and I don't know much), but I wouldn't lump jounros into the pile w/ celebs and shoe clerks. They have a good purpose to be there...it's their job. It's not like when a celeb does it just to do it. If it wasn't for journos in the cockpit at all, we wouldn't have all the sweet shots we do, and fvck that!

forget that ......how bout some rides for us MX guys who get shat upon and give rides to celebs, shoe clerks and journos

Reread my post. I said, 'in combat'. If flying MX guys in combat is going to help the world at large understand war in the same way that Larry Burrows and counltess others did in Vietnam, then by all means, go for it.

As for peacetime ops, Brabus summed it up perfectly.

Guest Hydro130

Sheesh, what's with the "no chicks" posts? Maybe I've just had extremely good luck, but I liked having the girls around and it never affected the standard aircrew tomfoolery. There's enough testosterone as it is. In my experience, the lame-chick ratio has been far lower overall than the lame-dude ratio.

Bring on the flames...

Cheers, Hydro

No chauvanism intended here (okay maybe a little) but chicks are great on a plane with an oven. Most dudes are not secure enough in their manhood to bake goodies for the whole crew, but when the nav pops in some cinnamon rolls 5 hours into a 10 hour flight, you're pretty glad you brought a chick along.

Guest PhantomIIF4

I second the motion to bring back the Spark Vark.

I must add to the list the mighty F-4G though.....they just don't kill SAM's like they did with the Rhino. :)

Not that my avatar shows any bias of course.....

Guest Rainman A-10
I must add to the list the mighty F-4G though.....they just don't kill SAM's like they did with the Rhino. :)

No, we do it better now. It is much more a team event than it used to be. It used to be about the Weasel. Now the LGPOS is just a bit player in the game with big time assists that were unavailable in the Weasel days. Back in the day it was one guy in the pit with a big ass scope, listening to beeps and squeeks, mano y mano against the threats. We play much better as a team now and we have a much better understanding of the value of non-lethal SEAD.

I remember the Weasel guys rooting around down low with us during Red Flags. They had about 5 minutes (max) on station and they hung it out big time. That was manly but everything was manly..."chop chop, Ivan's comin'" overlapping threat coverage that simply could not be avoided or overflown kind of philosophy.

- Nose art on planes

- Nose art on jackets

- F-4 SEAD

- USO

- The O'Club

- Common sense

- Fatigues

- Blues for shoe clerks

- Delta squadron

- Recognition for combat leadership

- Carpet bombing

- Crossflow

- Dedication to a mission

- Cursing in public

- Getting on base with a base sticker

- First shirts who know the limits of their authoritah.

- People who can handle their own problems without MEO/IG/Life Skills.

- Being trusted with alcohol.

- Being trusted to look both ways before crossing a street at night.

- Information managers do the paper work, pilots fly the planes.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka