Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) Certificate

SUX

FIFY.

ok, I've met my quota for Nav jokes this quarter. :beer:

It could be worse... at least I'm tall enough to ride the six-flags rides.

Here are my favorite nav jokes:

"Never trust a WSO who doesn't wear glasses"

"What's the difference between a gay guy and a nav? The gay guy has a future in the Air Force"

"What do you call a nav who has been retired for five years? A GS-12."

"Why do we give leather jackets to navs? To better contain the smell."

• Upvote 2

Has anyone heard of considerations to sim time credit for military? I would think that the training is comparable if not better. The only issue I can see is the required ATP certified instructor.

I was/an unable to get my written done by the end of the month so I'm trying to see how painful the process is going to be if/when I need the written.

Has anyone heard of considerations to sim time credit for military? I would think that the training is comparable if not better. The only issue I can see is the required ATP certified instructor.

I was/an unable to get my written done by the end of the month so I'm trying to see how painful the process is going to be if/when I need the written.

theres still 5 more days left this month, you're not trying hard enough.

• Upvote 1

There is no consideration for military sim time. If you wish to take the ATP written after 31 July, you will have to show you completed an FAA approved ATP CTP. Get it done now!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just did an ATP-ASEL and CFI-ASE with "Gordo" Sanders out of JFX (Jasper Al)...highly recommend!

Cap-10

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net iOS App!

Just had someone else recommend Gordo to me recently. I may PM you for some details.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Used All ATPs in Jacksonville...expensive, but they have their shit together. They were under the impression that I couldn't use my Post 9/11... Obviously, I'm going to verify with the VA, but any insight would be appreciated...

All ATP doesn't have a Part 141 program (let alone a VA-approved 141 program), and so can't take VA funding.

Edited by Dupe

• 4 weeks later...

There is no consideration for military sim time. If you wish to take the ATP written after 31 July, you will have to show you completed an FAA approved ATP CTP. Get it done now!!

thats got to be a joke... multi engine turbine time in a class c simulator for an airlift frame and they wont take it? lol

thats got to be a joke... multi engine turbine time in a class c simulator for an airlift frame and they wont take it? lol

Not a joke. That is how it is written, "must be a Part 141 program". Not sure if this was a mistake or a deliberate act to exculde military training.

Anyone know if Accessible Aviation's program is still running? I've been emailing/calling since Aug and haven't gotten a response.

It is, but crazy Carl is notoriously hard to get ahold of. He's been busy lately starting his branch out in Cali, so the Starkville franchise has been effectively run by his son for quite a while.

It is, but crazy Carl is notoriously hard to get ahold of. He's been busy lately starting his branch out in Cali, so the Starkville franchise has been effectively run by his son for quite a while.

I wouldn't call it "effectively" run

Cap-10

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1

We certainly can agree...but you said it. Its the LAW and is binding on everyone. The Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 (Pub. L. 111-216) to be exact. This is a direct result of Congress knowing what is best for all of us. When Colgan Air 3407 crashed and Congress said they would "fix the problem" this law was not what the FAA wanted but again, the Administrator has no choice and must create regulations (via Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations) to execute this law.

If you don't like it, petition your Member of Congress to change it, but the FAA has intrepited and applied Public Law 111-216, as it has to.

We certainly can agree...but you said it. Its the LAW and is binding on everyone. The Airline Safety and Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010 (Pub. L. 111-216) to be exact. This is a direct result of Congress knowing what is best for all of us. When Colgan Air 3407 crashed and Congress said they would "fix the problem" this law was not what the FAA wanted but again, the Administrator has no choice and must create regulations (via Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations) to execute this law.

If you don't like it, petition your Member of Congress to change it, but the FAA has intrepited and applied Public Law 111-216, as it has to.

well hopefully this is a boon to airline pilots that are already there and regional guys that can start making some money

well hopefully this is a boon to airline pilots that are already there and regional guys that can start making some money

I think the only realistic way regional guys will make money is to get hired at a major and let their regional job dry up. The economics behind the regional model don't allow for much in terms in labor costs.

I think the only realistic way regional guys will make money is to get hired at a major and let their regional job dry up. The economics behind the regional model don't allow for much in terms in labor costs.

agreed. i hope the majors are forced to absorb them and eat the loss... they were such a work around money grab anyways

If you go for a type rating course, is the ATP practical pretty much always included, or easy to add on?

Yes, as in easy to add on. Which always made me wonder why airlines want you to have it prior to training. The only difference I know of between the type rating check and the ATP check is the v1 cut.

If anyone was deployed and not able to take the ATP written before the 31 July deadline because of the deployment, PM me and I'll give you the contact info to try to get an exemption that will give you another 2 years to take the written without jumping through the hoops of the new cerification process. Hopefully we can get an exemption for miltary pilots similar to the CFI renewal relief we get for going overseas.

-Denzel