Palace Chase info

Guest ecutch

Palace Chase APPROVED! Also applied with traditional then switched to FY14 at the very end. Once I finally got a hold of someone at AFPC, they were actually very helpful and processed my app in a hurry. I'll give credit where it is due. I applied 7 March.

04 Major 11S (prior 11F) with 7 mos UPT and 11mos AFT ADSCs. Had hired letter and position number.

If you want out...I'd be jumping all over PC right now!

• Upvote 1

Approved. Applied for traditional PC and switched to FY 14 expanded, was approved 30 min after I switched.

11S

5 years UPT ADSC from DOS

1 year TA (which I may have to pay back)

1 month AFT

Flood gates are open gents

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

• Upvote 1

Approved. Applied for traditional PC and switched to FY 14 expanded, was approved 30 min after I switched.

11S

5 years UPT ADSC from DOS

1 year TA (which I may have to pay back)

1 month AFT

Flood gates are open gents

CONGRATS! 5 years. Wow!!! The gates are indeed open.

was your year group/afsc still showing an overage when they updated the matrix last week? wondering if I can apply the for FM FY14 1-1 when they just changed my yr group to red

Question for those who are applying under the FY14 Palace Chase. PSDM 13-65 states you're ineligible for FY14 Program if...

"Under assignment consideration, have an assignment, or notified of selection for assignment electing to exercise the 7-day option."

Does being on the VML constitute being under assignment consideration?

I have not received an assignment yet and don't anticipate receiving one for at least a few months (Fall VML), but I'm trying to work a backup plan in case VSP doesn't work out. I wish I would have applied for Palace Chase from the beginning, but I'm too far down the VSP rabbit hole now. It seems like PC applicants are having pretty good luck so far. Thanks for any input.

was your year group/afsc still showing an overage when they updated the matrix last week? wondering if I can apply the for FM FY14 1-1 when they just changed my yr group to red

Yeah my yg/AFSC still had an overage. I am not 100% sure but if your block is red I don't think you can apply for FY14 PC. The ISR would know best unfortunately.

Question for those who are applying under the FY14 Palace Chase. PSDM 13-65 states you're ineligible for FY14 Program if...

"Under assignment consideration, have an assignment, or notified of selection for assignment electing to exercise the 7-day option."

Does being on the VML constitute being under assignment consideration?

I have not received an assignment yet and don't anticipate receiving one for at least a few months (Fall VML), but I'm trying to work a backup plan in case VSP doesn't work out. I wish I would have applied for Palace Chase from the beginning, but I'm too far down the VSP rabbit hole now. It seems like PC applicants are having pretty good luck so far. Thanks for any input.

I asked that question to my ISR and she said I was only ineligible if I had been officially notified of an assignment. Being told that you are projected to PCS but haven't received notification should still allow you to apply.

Palace Chase approved this week! Here are my stats:

2005 year group

11M core (C-130E/H)

UPT ADSC ends Nov 2017, so I asked for just over 3 years off my ADSC

The crazy thing is that it only took a week! I applied Wed 23 Apr and was approved Wed 30 Apr. I applied with a position number (offered by an AFRC unit in early Apr) and made sure my package was nice and complete (sts). My wife and I are ecstatic! I cannot believe the Air Force let me pursue my dream 3 years early!

Edited by Coxor
  • Upvote 2

Palace Chase Approved this past week

07 11M, approx 4 years 3 months of ADSC will be left at my DOS.

Those lurking around for VSP- If you have a guaranteed position number and apply under the FY14 program, this process goes fast. I found out in just over two days after I officially applied. Good luck everyone.

PC approved. Submitted on 1 Apr and approved on 30 Apr. 2005 11M with C-21/C-17 history and 3 years of UPT ADSC remaining. Trying to get info on the rumored $10K bonus. The folks here said HQ AFRC makes the decision. Anyone have a better answer?

PC approved. Submitted on 1 Apr and approved on 30 Apr. 2005 11M with C-21/C-17 history and 3 years of UPT ADSC remaining. Trying to get info on the rumored $10K bonus. The folks here said HQ AFRC makes the decision. Anyone have a better answer?

10K bonus for guard/reserve?

I saw rumblings of a bonus on this forum so I asked my ISR who in turn asked my gaining FSS. their answer was that 11M is on the "bonus list" and that some degree of paperwork is necessary on my part for USAFR command to decide. Waiting to hear what is necessary on my part and will post here. I think it is $10K for 3 years with $5K at the start and $2.5K each year for the next two years...but that's just rumor.

Is everyone that is getting approved for FY14 PC getting "recommend approval" from their sq/CC and wg/ CCs?

I'm pretty sure mine are gonna give it 2 fat thumbs down, and I know it'll burn some bridges in the meantime...hence why I want to PC so badly, afraid of reprisal for trying to do something I want to do...

I'm starting this process this week, just recently got a hire letter. Question for the masses since my ISR is no where to be found and I am on leave for the next two weeks. Does the wing/cc and ISR have to sign the 1288 before I upload it to vmpf? I sent it to the execs but I can't get ahold of the ISR to save my life. Thanks for the help

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

Abg2005, I have heard of this and my buddy tried to get it. I have heard of guys coming in off the street after a break in service getting it. However, my buddy PC'd with a commitment left and the gaining finance said he was ineligible. Of course, it's all about who you talk to and making the paperwork work for you so I would keep asking as I am after my PC goes through but it might be a long shot.

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

I didn't have mine signed by the WG/CC prior to uploading. I filled in his info, then his signature is his recommendation on the electronic application after it gets to him.

The ISR signs it after the gaining unit medically approves you...you need that signature before you upload.

Edited by Fresh

I would be surprised if the gaining unit couldn't help you out with the missing ISR. Let then know you need it done ASAP. I had to really keep pushing people to the point of being very annoying to get it all done.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk