Baseops Forums
stuckindayton

Change to Air Force Color Vision Policy

1 hour ago, Fly4five said:

Are we able to pull up our waivers in the portal somewhere? Or see the status of new waivers being submitted?

No, waivers are recorded in a website called AIMWTS.  It is a portal application, but I presume access is limited to the medical folks and waiver authority.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, thestratotanker said:

Do you have a link to the relevant policy updates / memorandums?

Here's the new policy.  Sorry, I realize this is a month old, but I didn't get the notification that you asked the question until yesterday.

image.thumb.png.be168c8824107a18a28fabacc7a4741b.png

image.thumb.png.bb6a85a7af6c60472ff101b6d0fb428f.png

Edited by stuckindayton

Stuckindayton,

Tried to PM you.  I was DQed back in 2010 for not meeting the 75 green CCT standard, but above 55 (65ish).  I was given an indefinite FCIII waiver.  Diagnosis was for an inherited green weak color vision deficiency.  I’ve continued to take the CCT with my annual PHA.

The majority of my CCT scores during PHAs are above 55, with the occasional outlier below. Could you elaborate on how they are testing at Wright Patt?

Is it a “one a done” ie one test below 55 and the member gets DQed or are they working with an overall diagnosis as long as the member can pass the CCT above 55?

Jake

4 hours ago, Jake_65_65 said:

Stuckindayton,

Tried to PM you.  I was DQed back in 2010 for not meeting the 75 green CCT standard, but above 55 (65ish).  I was given an indefinite FCIII waiver.  Diagnosis was for an inherited green weak color vision deficiency.  I’ve continued to take the CCT with my annual PHA.

The majority of my CCT scores during PHAs are above 55, with the occasional outlier below. Could you elaborate on how they are testing at Wright Patt?

Is it a “one a done” ie one test below 55 and the member gets DQed or are they working with an overall diagnosis as long as the member can pass the CCT above 55?

Jake

Try another PM.  My box was full.  I've asked for more space without any luck.

21 hours ago, stuckindayton said:

Try another PM.  My box was full.  I've asked for more space without any luck.

Admin Comment:  I cannot find any way to increase the max number of messages (50), recommend you do some housecleaning...

1 hour ago, M2 said:

Admin Comment:  I cannot find any way to increase the max number of messages (50), recommend you do some housecleaning...

OK, I asked, but no response so I figured the answer was no.  i'll use the delete function.

stuckindayton,

Seams like your mailbox is full again because I wasn't able to DM you.  I was DQ'd for red/green deficiency at LA AFB before I got to the comprehensive screening at Wright Patt back in 2013.  I don't remember the exact numeric score but I know I was 1 slide away from passing because the nurse let me retake it several times for being right on the line.  I would like to start the process of initiating a waiver so that I can start talking to some Reserve and ANG flying squadrons.  Should I try to dig up the scores for the test I took back in 2013 or should I work through a potential hiring squadron to schedule a retest? 

Luke