FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

yes, i just read the pdsms, i cant see anywhere where it says vsp wont waive upt commitment.

Reference 14-08 attachment 2, paragraph 2b:

"If an officer has an ADSC, the applicant will provide justification for a waiver. See PDSM 13-65, FY 14 Ofiicer Voluntary Managememt Programs for list of current waiver able ADSCs"

UPT commitment not waiverable per 13-65= no VSP

Email from boss this AM

"Worried by something you saw on AFPC's website??

Names removed to protect the innocent and I'm including all our pilots for SA. AFPC put in a blurb about how UPT ADSCs make a person ineligible for VSP. We think that's probably a mistake since everyone in the 2007 year group still has an ADSC, but they have a target to let 20% of those folks leave AMC. OG recommends that you go ahead and send your request for VSP. We can always kill them or you can withdraw them if it turns out that we're wrong. Don't sweat not getting them in at 0001 this morning--AFPC (cue the disbelief, I know) plans to use ADSC, TOS, TIS, etc to determine, NOT the HH:MM:SS you submit. And they won't tell us otherwise anyway, so this may help you sleep better.

One of the questions I have to answer is that I have counseled you on all sorts of things like your plans and joining the reserves. Of those who got on my calendar, I am confident we covered all those bases. If we haven't spoken and you plan to submit, you need to call me."

- '06 11M

That's refreshing. That's the type of commander that will actually follow Air Force guidance to not hold it against anyone that applies for VSP and is subsequently denied. Wish there were more like him.

Trying to due the same, but unfortunately the healthcare.gov IT team that was hired by AFPC hasn't figured out how to fix a simple error that was identified on 14 Jan.

My techniques were to keep hitting refresh and cursing at the screen. One of the two eventually worked.

That's refreshing. That's the type of commander that will actually follow Air Force guidance to not hold it against anyone that applies for VSP and is subsequently denied. Wish there were more like him.

It's also a foul to post it online word for word

Edited by Bob

Reference 14-08 attachment 2, paragraph 2b:

"If an officer has an ADSC, the applicant will provide justification for a waiver. See PDSM 13-65, FY 14 Ofiicer Voluntary Managememt Programs for list of current waiver able ADSCs"

UPT commitment not waiverable per 13-65= no VSP

so don't apply...

It's also a foul to post it online word for word

how so? no names included anywhere.

Reading through that section of the PSDM, I didn't see a UNT/UCSOT (whatever the hell the CSO training is) caveat... so does that mean 12X's that were on the eligibility matrix still have a chance?

post-16805-So-youre-telling-me-theres-a-

FWIW I'm applying for both VSP and Palace Chase even though I have a DOS set from the 7-day option. 2007 K12S3X with 9.6 months of nav school commitment remaining. Clearly the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at AFPC so at this point I have absolutely nothing to lose by applying for all of the above and seeing what happens.

This is somehow a bigger debacle than I had imagined. :jd: for all the pilots especially who thought this was their ticket to early freedom.

• Upvote 1

post-16805-So-youre-telling-me-theres-a-

FWIW I'm applying for both VSP and Palace Chase even though I have a DOS set from the 7-day option. 2007 K12S3X with 9.6 months of nav school commitment remaining. Clearly the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at AFPC so at this point I have absolutely nothing to lose by applying for all of the above and seeing what happens.

This is somehow a bigger debacle than I had imagined. :jd: for all the pilots especially who thought this was their ticket to early freedom.

People with a DOS are ineligible for VSP...

• Upvote 1

People with a DOS are ineligible for VSP...

HAHAHA...And people with UPT commitments were eligible until yesterday. Or maybe they still are, who knows

I think I'll take my chances and apply anyways. There is an overage in my AFSC and year group. My confidence that AFPC knows it's own rules and will apply them across the board is zero.

Edited by nsplayr

Some rough numbers here...11M '99er denied TERA DT bonus ADSC (I know of at least a few others in this boat as well). Most '99 & '00 guys that stayed in took the bonus as were expecting 20 years as a given. Little did we know…

Assuming one year of pilot training as the standard that would make the very early '03 year group the youngest guys to have their UPT commitment complete.

So, you've got:

'99- Denied TERA or VSP (bonus ADSC)
'00- Denied VSP (bonus ADSC)
'01- Denied VSP (bonus ADSC)
'02 - Denied VSP (bonus ADSC)

'04- Denied VSP (UPT ADSC)
'05- Denied VSP (UPT ADSC)
'06- Denied VSP (UPT ADSC)
'07- Denied VSP (UPT ADSC)
'08- Denied VSP (UPT ADSC)

Umm.. congratulations to '03 guys? I'm sure all ten of you will go on to do great things!

Someone tell me I'm wrong! Please!

nsplayer

I'm in the same boat as you. I've got a DOS in the system and vMPF won't let me access the Separation section.

How are you applying for VSP?

Same issue...will try tomorrow from work (snow day at CVS). Palace Chase is my #1 goal at this point anyways.

If it doesn't work then oh well. GL to you!

Edited by nsplayr

So if I'm reading all of this right, the AF is now afraid of losing pilots to the airlines in the near term, and subsequently they shut down almost every avenue of voluntary separation, save for PC. This, combined with the uncertainty of who might actually get RIF'd later this year is effectively blackmailing 11M's into the guard/reserves by threatening AD stop loss (and thus jeopardizing a career in industry).

Edited by FBomb

HOT****Just got off the phone with total force service again. Finally got some helpful info. She said that if you are eligible for the RIF than 13-130 is the ONLY PSDM that applies to you. 14-08 is only for those not eligible. 13-130 has no such statement about referencing 13-65 for ADSC waivers. It's back on! Now how do I find good health insurance under obamacare? Wife is pregnant and due after separation.

HOT****Just got off the phone with total force service again. Finally got some helpful info. She said that if you are eligible for the RIF than 13-130 is the ONLY PSDM that applies to you. 14-08 is only for those not eligible. 13-130 has no such statement about referencing 13-65 for ADSC waivers. It's back on! Now how do I find good health insurance under obamacare? Wife is pregnant and due after separation.

So 2004 11M cannot apply since this year group is not eligible for the RIF?