Another badass

Flare

"I've been through five deployments. I've fought the Muqtada militia, everybody you can think of, so weapons getting pointed at me, it doesn't really bother me anymore," Peoples told FOX News in Tampa Bay. "I took the weapon away from him and put him on the ground and the rest was history."

Win.

Never point a toy gun at the forehead of a guy that has biceps larger than most people's thighs. SSgt. Peoples and his kids did an excellent interview on Good Morning America this morning where the interviewer asked him to demonstrate how he disarmed and held the attacker, and he replied with a smile, "I really don't want to hurt you." Said that the County Sheriffs Office has offered him a job if he decides to get out, but that he's just put his package in for the Army's Warrant Officer program.

"Every time I get deployed, I always tell my children I'm going to fight the bad men. When I walked back in the bank, my oldest boy said 'Did you get the bad men?' and I said 'Yep, I got the bad men' and everyone applauded," Peoples told FOX.

In Christensen's book "On Combat," he says that soldiers (and police officers) are cut from a different fabric due to their ability to run towards the gun fire while everyone else runs away from it.

SSG Peoples is a great example of this.

:beer:

Both of those books are great! The Sheepdog are what we all aspire to have a chance to prove one day. Have you heard the private lecture that he gave on the same topics? Given by Col. Grossman - they are great and I highly recommend them to everyone!