AERPS

barney

How are you guys dealing with wearing AERPS? I freaking dread it more than anything. As i am sure evereyone else does. I am kind of being a whiner here, but do you guys have any tricks/advice or ANYTHING for dealing with it? I already heard suck it up and deal with it, but was wondering if there is anything more concrete out there. I know the whole point of wearing in peace time is to know your limitations with it (loss of dexterity, heat exhaustion, limited comms, and of course pannicking/claustorphobia) and it is something you gotta do. I seem to be fortunate enough to experience all of the above. Anything?

Also, is this system for all aircrew and platforms or just some?

Thanks

AERPs sucks. I got to do ground testing on JSAM last year and saw them do more ground testing on it this year (purportedly after fixing findings we had from the first ground test), and JSAM is a million billion times better than AERPs, if they can get it fielded.

Put it on, walk around the sq with it for a bit, maybe wear it while sitting in front of your computer, so that you get over the willies in a 1-g environment. In 60s, we have to wear it in flight for "about 1 hr" twice in a 20 month cycle, and we CAN hack it in the sim, but we only go to the sim once every 24 months.